37' Shannon Cutter
The Shannon 37 is the definition of a classic blue water cruising boat. Cutter rigged for ease of handling even in the most rugged seas, this timeless beauty is a rare find today. She is a marvelous ocean cruising boat. For the past 20 years she has sailed the waters of the Chesapeake Bay.
Builder: Shannon Boat Company, Bristol, RI/ Walter Schulz and Associates
LOA: 37.75 feet
LWL: 30.83 feet
Beam: 11.5 feet
Displacement: 17500 pounds
Ballast: 7000 pounds
Draft: 4'3 centerboard up
8'9" centerboard down
Yanmar 4JHE – 44 horsepower
Fuel: 70 gallons
Water: 2 X 50 gal.
Holding Tank 15 gallons
Propane: two 10#
Hot Water: 6 gallons
120 volt/ engine heat exchanger
- Simpson-Lawrence 45# cqr anchor w/ 300' of eight strand Yale nylon spliced into 95' of 5/16 HT galvanized chain.
- 20 Danforth Performance anchor by West with 175' of 5/8" three strand nylon spliced into 25 feet of 3/8” chain.
- 12 Volt Ideal V2C windlass with capstan and wildcat.
- Deck wash pump, Par Max 4.
- Deck wash valve by New Found Metals.
Deck and Hull
- Deck and hull joint bolted and glued with teak bulwark.
- Teak and stainless rub rails.
- 26.5”-inch-high lifeline stanchions.
- All seacocks are bronze by Spartan Marine.
- Two manual bilge pumps. One in cockpit and one under the seat at the navigator’s station
- Lifelines: uncovered 1/4" ss rigging wire.
- Varnished teak handrails on cabin top sides, w/ Sunbrella sun covers.
- Custom awning, with side curtains, from mast to fore stay.
- Custom (Soca Sails, Trinidad) boom awning, with side curtains, from mast to cockpit.
- Six large docking cleats.
- West Marine G-5 Gunwale Mount SS boarding ladder. Mounts on either side, for use when “Monitor” is on.
- Custom SS stern boarding ladder w/teak, rungs. For use when “Monitor” is not on.
- Two docking fenders plus a fender board.
Sails, Spars and Rigging
- Rig Type: Cutter, dual headstays w/removable inner forestay & fixed intermediate backstays (no runners needed). Single spreader. One forestay has a Harken Unit 2 roller furling and the other has Profurl LC32 roller furling.
- P (boom to top of mast) 40.00'
- E (boom length) 16.00'
- I (deck to top of mast) 45.75'
- J (mast to stem head) 17.25'
- Mainsail is by Doyle with the stack Pack system.
- Doyle lazy-jacks
- Mainsail area: 346 sq. ft.; Full battens, 3 reef points.
- 135% Genoa by Mack Sails made with Marblehead Dacron cloth and Sunbrella sun cover.
- Yankee by Doyle with area about 230 sq. Ft.; on the 2nd headstay. ProFurl furler.
- Staysail by North with area: 137 sq. ft.; Hank on inner forestay, Custom Sunbrella bag
- North Cruising Spinnaker w/snuffer sock
- Standing Rigging: Navtec Solid S/S rod.
- Spare ss wire for emergency stay, long enough for any single stay.
- Backstay SSB antenna insulators.
- Spar-Tite one-piece mast wedge system. Custom made mast boot.
- Whisker Pole.
- Primary winches: 2 Lewmar #43 2-sp ST
- Secondary winches: 2 Lewmar #30 2-sp ST
- Mainsheet winch: 1 Lewmar #40 2-sp ST
- Lewmar #8 reefing winch mounted on boom.
- 2 #30 ST 2-sp Lewmar winches mounted on mast for main and genoa halyards.
- 2 #16 Lewmar winches mounted on mast for staysail and yankee halyards.
- All running rigging lengths and thicknesses available.
- Cockpit with seating area cushions for seven or eight people.
- Tie downs for life raft.
- Attachments for harnesses.
- Edson steering pedestal with chain to wire cable. Teak/SS ship’s wheel.
- Attachments for Autohelm 3000 self-steering. Attachments for Monitor self-steering. Includes light air vane, regular vane and spare parts kit. With full documentation and manuals.
- Hand bilge pump for emergencies.
- Vented propane locker with two 10# tanks. Single Stage LP gas regulator.
- Access to top of rudder shaft for emergency tiller steering.
- Lazarette locker for storage and access to engine, transmission, Espar D1L, 6150 BTU, heater (with manual), steering quadrant and, 6 gal. Stainless steel Isotemp hot water heater (Model 6251) run on either 120V-AC or an Engine coolant loop.
- Two cuddy lockers.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Custom teak cockpit table.
- Custom dodger, with leather covered grab rail on aft edge.
- Custom cockpit Bimini with drop cloths on sides.
- Custom helmsman awning with drop cloths on sides.
- Weather cloths.
- Engine: 1987 Yanmar 4JHE, 40HP @ 3500rpm, 44HP @ 3800 rpm. Lots of spare parts.
- Engine “Operation Manual”.
- Engine “Parts Catalog”.
- Engine “service Manual”.
- Racor 200FG primary fuel filter/water separator, fuel line shut off valves for changing filters.
- Drip-free shaft packing in stuffing box.
- Engine room has a Fireboy Automatic Halon 1301 system.
- Propeller is a Federal three blade Tru-pitch.
- Large chain locker forward with easy access to rodes and windlass.
- V-berth forward: sleeps two, has four storage lockers, two shelves and two drawers.
- There are two storage areas under the v-berth.
- There are lights attached to the bulkhead and over the shelves on each side.
- 12-volt fan.
- Breeze Booster.
- Head on starboard side w/three (3) storage lockers.
- Wilcox-Crittenden “Junior 51”/”Imperial” 51 Type 3 head with some spare parts.
- Pressurized hot/cold spigot at head sink.
- Full length mirror on bulkhead.
- Shower sump pump: Jabsco 12560
- Teak grate on shower sole
- Storage across from head includes a shelf and 2 lockers. Both lockers are cedar lined. One is a hanging locker.
- 12-volt fan.
- Port & Starboard settees, slide-out to sleep 1 port, 2 stbd. Both settees have lee cloths for sea berths. Settees have storage under and behind, including bookshelves (one with custom cane doors). There is a 50-gallon SS water tank under each settee.
- Custom teak drop-leaf salon table with tall bottle stowage inside.
- 4 Large, 6 Medium, 2 Small opening bronze Spartan Marine ports with removeable screens.
- 2 large custom deck hatches that can open facing forward or aft. Strong dogs on all 4 corners of hatches. They both have removeable screens.
- Four deck vents, teak dorade boxes with cowls.
- Bronze cover plates to seal deck vents inside and out. Sunbrella sun covers for dorade boxes.
- Custom upholstery.
Aft End of Main Cabin
- The starboard side contains the galley which is described next.
- The port side contains a wet locker with shelf and storage above. The storage contains the radar.
- Aft of the wet locker is the nav station with electrical panel on the outboard side.
- Under the nav station is storage for companion way boards (custom built) and several small items.
- Aft of the electrical panel and below it is storage area.
- Locker under companionway steps above engine.
- Aft on the port side is a quarter berth. The fuel tank and a storage locker is under the berth. There is access to the stern of the boat at the aft end of the quarter berth.
- Double S/S sink.
- Pressurized hot/cold spigot at galley sink
- Foot pump spigot at galley sink, Whale Gusher MKIII
- Manual seawater/ice box drain pump at galley sink. Pump by PAR ITT Jabsco. Y-valve under sink selects source.
- PAR ITT Jabsco Model 36800-series pump for pressure water in galley and head.
- Tasco Marine model 555LP Gas Galley stove/oven, 3-burner w/oven & broiler. With full documentation and manual.
- LP Gas storage: 2 x 11 lb. tanks under cockpit helm seat, Gas locker w/overboard drain/vent
- LP Gas Control: Marinetics Model 580 Control Panel (with full documentation and manual), Marinetics Model 581 Solenoid (with full documentation and manual),Trident pressure gauge in propane locker.
- SS safety bar in front of stove
- Custom cover for stove top to expand counter space.
- Custom tray to fill the area outboard of stove.
- Safety strap for cook with SS padeyes
- Refrigeration box (top loading), approximately 7 cu ft, 4-1/2" to 5-1/2" of foam insulation
- Refrigeration by Sea Frost. Engine drive and 110-volt shore assist system.
- Refrigerator condenser is in the engine compartment for access in replacing zincs.
- Nine (9) storage lockers and drawers.
- Marinetics Master Power Control Panel Model 600.
- DC breaker panel with 12 load breakers, house/start battery switch, house/start battery voltmeter.
- Marinetics accessory control panel model 605 with 6 circuit breakers.
- Engine alternator is by Hitachi with built in voltage regulator. I think it is 60-amp output.
- Back-up alternator is a 100-amp 5BF Silver Bullet, by Cruising Equipment Co.
- Alternator regulator for the Silver Bullet is a Balmar ARS-4.
- Two group 24 batteries in parallel for house use.
- One group 27 starting battery.
- Guest model 2610 10 amp on board battery charger.
- ProSine 1000/1800 true sine wave output inverter.
- LineGard Equipment Leakage Current Interrupter (ELCI)
- Yacht Corrosion Consultants “Zinc Saver II).
- Foredeck/Steaming light combination light by Aqua Signal.
- Running lights.
- Masthead LED Anchor light.
- Backup Anchor light by Davis.
- 8 cabin ceiling dome lights, 1-head, 1-hanging locker, 6-salon, 1-engine compartment.
- Dome light over engine.
- 6 cabin (10W) reading lights: 2-vberth, 4-salon. By ABI.
- 6 cabin fluorescent lights: 1-vberth, 2-head, 2-galley (Apenglow), 1-nav sta.
- Marinetics A-C load center model 635, 224A.
- 30A 120V AC shore power service
- AC breaker panel with 5 load breakers and polarity check.
- Marinco 50' shore power cord (30A).
- Second Marinco 30-amp shore power cord.
- Five (5) 110V AC Outlets. All gfci grounding.
.Electronics and Navigational Equipment All electronics are listed for verification purposes only and are not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
- Fixed Mount ICOM VHF. Both cabin and cockpit accessible. GAM Electronics SS2 antenna mounted at top of mast.
- Autopilot: Autohelm 3000 with spares and manual.
- Autohelm 4000 backup auto pilot with manual.
- Richie Globemaster SP-5 marine compass. Pedestal mount w/LED backlight.
- Raytheon Radar model R20XX with manuals. Mounted on mast with Kato ss mount.
- Kenwood TS450SA SSB/HAM HF Radio.
- HF Antenna Tuner: ICOM AT-140.
- HF Antenna, insulated backstay by Navtec.
- Apparent wind speed/direction Instrument: Datamarine LX-360. Works sporadically.
- Datamarine A-180 and A-181 Log/Control Panel. Trip log does not work.
- Datamarine S-100KL L.C.D. digital knot meter.
- Datamarine S-200DL digital depth sounder
- Automatic anchor dusk to dawn switch by West Marine.
- Engine room has a Fireboy 15MA automatic Halon 1301 system.
- Switlik 6-person live raft. Needs repacking. Mounts on cockpit floor.
- Para-Tech 15-foot sea-anchor.
- Par 36680 bilge pump.
- Spare bilge pump with float switch.
- Bilge pump #1, Whale Gusher 10, at helm. Service Kit included.
- Bilge pump #2, Whale Gusher Titan, under nav station seat. Service Kit included.
- Edson B377 portable pump.
- Fire Extinguisher #1 propane Locker.
- Fire Extinguisher #2: Bottom companionway step.
- Fire Extinguisher #3: Main cabin table.
- Life sling (Outdated).
- USCG approved electronic flare.
- EPIRB; Alden S1015.
- Ships Bell