1 of 24
|Modell||Sou'wester 42 MKII|
|Säljs av||Coecles Harbor Marina & Boatyard|
The Sou’wester 42 is a timeless yacht of the highest quality. Designed by McCurdy and Rhodes.
On Deck: The Hinckley SW-42 has a large “T” shaped cockpit which is comfortable and accommodating for a large crew, but also well laid out for shorthand sailing. Genoa winches are within easy reach of the helm’s seat so that the boat can be tacked singlehandedly if necessary. The cockpit dodger offers excellent protection and visibility is unobstructed from the helm. Her large sail locker, lazarette, and cockpit locker offer far more storage area than normally found on much larger boats.
Bellow Deck: Standard layout sleeps seven in two cabins. Forward owner’s stateroom has a v-berths with a seat between and adaptor to a double berth. There are also bookshelves, bureau, hanging locker, and hatch to foredeck. The head is next aft to port, SS sink, shower, and storage lockers above and below. There is an entrance from the v-berth and main salon. Across from the head is a hanging locker with large storage shelves and bureau.
The main cabin has two transom berths and two pilot berths. The drop-leaf table affords comfortable seating for six. There are three drawers on either side below pilot berths and a small hanging locker just forward of navigation station to starboard. The navigation station is located across from the galley and is separated from the main cabin and quarter berth areas by partial bulkheads. Storage for charts is located within the navigation desk and general storage under the navigation seat starboard of the companionway. The quarter berth, aft of the navigation station, has a large shelf and two shelf lockers for extra storage.
The galley is located to port at the companionway. The large double SS sink is supplied with hot and cold water, has a sink sprayer, and fresh and salt water manual pumps. There is also a cutting board for the sink. Counter tops are stainless steel. The galley also has sliding louvered doors over storage areas and additional storage areas behind the companionway ladder. The refrigeration system has a large freezer and refrigerator area with a storage shelf and teak grate.
Interior woodwork is gloss varnished mahogany. The cabin sole is teak and holly, finished with a satin varnish.
Deck & Hull: Hand laid fiberglass hull and deck. Hull is cored with Airex for additional strength per weight. The core is deleted and hull reinforced with additional laminations in all high stress areas. Hull stringers cored with Airex are bonded to the hull and integrated with the mast step and engine mounts to form a single unit that is strong and light. Hull laminate is fabricated of unidirectional glass for a better strength per weight ratio. The deck is set in a 6” flange with a bronze leading edge and lead fill, operated by a Dyneema line and a winch in cockpit. Bottom was faired and expoy sealed.
Hull topsides are dark green Awlgrip with gold coverstripe. Deck nonskid is buff.
Sails, Rigging, and Canvas:
- New Norlam North Sails (genoa and full batten mainsail) 2021. Dutchman reefing system installed.
- Rigging surveyed in 2019 and new upper shrouds and backstay installed.
- New dodger and sail cover by Mills in 2021
- Anderson electric 58 SS sheet and main halyard winches
- Raymarine multi-deck instruments and autopilot installed
- Rope boom vang installed. Hydraulic vang reconditioned and stored off boat as is spinnaker pole and gear
Galley, Head, and Heating:
- Force 10 3-burner range/oven installed 2015. New solenoid safety system installed 2022.
- Force 10 propane heater replaced diesel heater
- New holding tank, lines, and macerator pump and valves in 2019
- New emergency hand bilge pump installed
- Cabin sole refinished (stripped and revarnished) in 2021
- Hinckley installed towel bar and cockpit glass holder
- Book shelf and wine bottle and glass locker
- Weems and Plath cabin clock
- Custom fitted sheets and blankets for all berths
- New topsides Awlgrip 2018
- Bottom stripped and faired 2018
- Custom helmsman step installed
- Hinckley SS boarding ladder
- SS Delta anchor; CQR storm anchor, fortress folding anchor
- Magma gas BBQ grill . SS galley pots/pans etc...
- Signal flags, harnesses, miscellaneous blocks and tackle
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Max djupgående med last||2.77m|
|Tank för Färskvatten||1 x 605.67 l (Rostritt stål)|
|Bränsletank||1 x 227.12 l (Annat)|
|Förvaringstank övrigt||37.85 l ()|