1 of 15
|Klass||Antik och Klassisk|
|Säljs av||Nicolle Associates - Ipswich|
Fairey Spearfishes were made by the world-renowned Fairey Marine of Hamble and provide a soft and dry ride, because the hull shape was taken from the race-proven Fairey Huntsman 31. Made in the early days of GRP by an aviation-standard company, Fairey Marine Spearfishes provide enviable classic power-boating.
'White Orchid' is a Spearfish Mk 1 - hull number 17, made in 1972 - being very original throughout and is ready to enjoy as a day-boat or occasional weekender. In the early '90s two Mermaid Majestic 'Dover' block 210 BHP re-conditioned 'mechanical' diesel engines were fitted. These have done approximately 800 hours since and do not produce the black smoke associated with earlier 'Dorset' blocks.
Made in GRP these Spearfishes are highly desirable being twin-screw diesel-engined power-boats from the golden era of the 1960s and early '70s.
This Spearfish benefits from care and attention from both current and previous owners keeping this boat in very good original specification. It has window-blinds that keep the cabin cool on a sunny day and a spray-hood plus a full awning.
A new tonneau cover is on order.
Back on her berth at Southsea marina after support-boat duty at the start of the Cowes-Torquay-Race and running very well at 28 knots.
Part 1 registered for secure transfer of title.
The following are the current owner's comments on maintenance and improvements:
Transom painted 2018
· Gold stripe re-painted in blue 2018
· Engines serviced every year
· Gas installation removed
· Replaced all 4 shaft seals 2018
· Replaced oil pumps on both gearboxes 2018
· Installed LED lighting in cabin 2017
· Installed USB charging ports in 2017
· Installed new Raymarine navigation equipment in 2017
· New through hull transducer
· Installed new VHF in 2017
· New electric sea toilet fitted 2017
· Installed fuel gauge fitted 2017
· Installed rudder gauge fitted 2017
· New steering wheel fitted in 2017 - old one available but needs refurbishment
· New windows fitted to the canopy in 2017.
Ready to enjoy with anchor, warps and fenders.
During 2008/9 Hamble Yacht Services carried out significant refurbishment including:
Windows, hatch and windscreen resealed
New seacocks throughout
Bottom sandblasted, epoxied and antifouled
Topsides properly polished (original)
New sprayhood/cockpit cover
Cockpit wood work revarnished
Engine access hatches rebuilt and re-covered
New engine flexible fuel lines
New shafts, seals and cutless bearings
Refurbished and balanced propellors
Reconditioned turbos to engines
New speedo (replaces original mechanical speedo).
And in addition:
In 2011/12 the bottom was stripped and copper coated.
In 2014 a new windscreen was fitted without Kent clear screens.
I know this boat and saw it performing very well at a classic boat event over the August Bank Holiday.
This boat benefits from careful past expenditure in the past with a view to the future including:
* the bottom was copper-coated
* the engines were replaced with 'mechanical diesel' engines being Mermaid marinised Fords with 'Dover' blocks - the best to have in classic boat of this type in my personal opinion
* the windscreen was replaced and does not have any Kent 'clear-view' type equipment installed.
Many classic boat owners 'graduate' to a GRP Spearfish after owning wooden power boat(s) in their early years.
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Material i Propeller||Brons|
|Material i Propeller||Brons|
|Max djupgående med last||0.91m|
|Tank för Färskvatten||1 x 90.92 l ()|
|Bränsletank||1 x 454.61 l ()|