NORDIA 70’ PC
LOA: 70’ / 21.35m
LWL: 61’6” / 18.74m
Beam: 19’2” / 5.85m
Draft: 10’ / 3.05m
Hull Material: Aluminium 5083-H321
Engine: Volvo D7 TA 265 HP
Designer: Van Dam Nordia (www.nordia.com)
Hull, Deck, Keel, Superstructure : K & M Yachts (www.kmy.nl)
Interior: SUMARINE (www.sumarineyat.com.tr)
The design of a new type of yacht is a challenging and labour intensive venture, especially when you are determined to attain perfection. At Van Dam Nordia, the yard and its people are committed to upholding our strong reputation for quality and comfort… And that means ensuring that all new yachts meet both their stringent requirements and those of their clients. In other words, they have to be absolutely confident that the yacht is a true Nordia.
The Nordia 70 performance cruiser is the embodiment of over 130 years of shipbuilding experience and a passion for innovation. They have all the characteristics of a true Nordia. Strong, elegant and luxurious, but now with the addition of another ingredient: adrenaline.
Although there has never been any complaint about the performance of a Nordia, Van Dam have had a long-held desire for a yacht with sleeker lines, a more aggressive design and sharper handling characteristics. Since typical Nordia owners are known for their appetite for long distance sailing, they have placed the emphasis of the concept on cruising. Sailing a Performance Cruiser is not designed to be a nervous, bone shaking experience. These are Grand Tourers in their purest form.
Owners cabin full beam aft with king size bed, sleeps 2. 2 Guest cabins forward with queen size bed, sleeps 4. Crew mess with retractable bed and foldable top bunk, sleeps 2.
Crew cabin at the bow with double bunk, sleeps 2. All cabins with bathrooms en suite with separate showers
Hull and Superstructure
The hull is constructed of seawater resistant Lloyds approved Aluminium Alloy AlMg4.5Mn (5083- H321). Aluminium 5083 is known for exceptional performance in extreme environments. 5083 is highly resistant to attack by both seawater and industrial chemical environments. Alloy 5083 also retains exceptional strength after welding. It has the highest strength over the non-heat treatable alloys.
Scantling and characteristics of the materials are always in compliance with the rules of the Classification Societies.
Seams and butts in the plating are welded on both sides.
Frames, beams and stiffeners are with intermittent welds connected to the plating.
The pulse-arc-welding system is used, which results in a very smooth hull.
Only skilled and qualified welding personnel, licensed by the Classification Societies, are entrusted with the welding work.
The welding work is X-RAYED accordingly the rules of the Classification Societies.
- 18mm Keel bottom plate
- 7mm Keel side plates
- 6mm Bottom plates
- 6mm Bilge plates
- 6mm Top sides
- 5mm Superstructure sides
- 5mm Superstructure
- 5mm Deck
Parts such as chain plates, backstay tangs, etc. are anodised. Holes in chain plates and tangs are sleeved with a stainless steel bush.
- Exterior finished in Alexseal.
- Below of the waterline in 2-component system, finished with International antifouling.
- Interior in 2-component polyurethane coating.
Central Seawater Inlet
To have a minimum of opening in the hull underwater the yacht is fitted out with a central seawater intake and a central discharge pipe. The central seawater inlet is one single Aluminium pipe welded to the bottom plates and is located in the engine room.
Aluminium fittings for seawater inlet are welded to the pipe.
Class Approved valves are used, were needed. With transparent top and strainer.
Waste water is pumped out through one single Aluminium pipe welded to the bottom plates located in the engine room.
Aluminium fittings for wastewater outlet are welded to the pipe. Class Approved valves are used, were needed.
14 tonnes of lead ballast is melted into the ballast compartments in the keel, with water- & airtight top plates welded on.
10 Anodes flush mounted in hull and rudder.
The keel consists of a fixed fin with bulbous base (Ballisto), built in aluminium as an integrated part of the hull construction.
Rudder and Skeg
The balanced rudder and semi skeg are constructed of aluminium alloy in streamline shape. The rudder trunk and shaft are made of machined aluminium tube, provided with a Delrin lower bearing and a top ball bearing and incorporates a watertight gland. The skeg is incorporated with the lower rudder bearing, located in a removable housing.
- All Alexseal system. Inside of the hull is also in an Alexseal epoxy protection system.
- Hull colour: Light Gray
- Superstructure: Matterhorn White
- Antifouling: International Trilux 33 black
Windows and Hatches
- 15 Wigo portholes, with welded in Aluminium frames, hardened glass in heavy duty stainless steel frames.
- 7 Pilothouse windows – 12 mm tempered anti-UV dark colored glasses glued in.
- 6 Hatches - Bofor flush deck hatches, for ventilation, escape and entrance of cabins and storage compartments.
- 2 Cockpit locker hatches - custom built manual opening cockpit locker hatches made of marine plywood and covered with teak.
- 1 Entrance sliding hatch - custom carbon composite sliding hatch.
- 1 Custom carbon composite sliding door.
- 1 Hydraulic opening stern door for tender access to the lazarette which once unfolded becomes a swimming platform of 6 m2.
- Teak Deck: 50 mm x 15 mm teak planking glued with lead weights without screws 15 mm full depth groove for Sika to extend the lifetime.
- Pull and pushpit: Custom built stainless steel push- & pull pit of 75 cm.
- Railing: 22 Stanchions, custom built of high gloss polished 32 mm stainless steel tube,
75 cm high. Double stainless steel guard wires. 4 Openings with stainless steel pelican-hooks.
- Handgrips: 2 Stainless steel oval tube hand grips on pilothouse roof.
- Swim Ladder: 1 Custom carbon to be hanged at the swimming platform.
- Toe Rail: Solid teak unvarnished.
- Cockpit Table: 2 Solid teak in high gloss varnished on aluminium leg.
- Cushions included.
- Cleats: 8 Anodised Dokar custom built aluminium cleats.
- Fairleads: 6 Anodised aluminium Dokar custom built with rollers.
- Navigation: Aquasignal LED navigation lights.
- Dorades: 2 Air inlets grills for cabins with forced air intake 24V. 2 Stainless air cowls on raised foredeck. 4 Bathroom ventilators 24V.
- 1 Lewmar V6 electric windlass.
- 2 Standard deck switch mounted on teak deck behind windlass.
- 1 Remote control handheld.
- 1 Ultra stainless steel anchor 65 kg.
- 1 High tensile B.L. 12.800 kg galvanised 13 mm– 150 meter
- Main Mast: Dokar aluminium keel stepped mast, Alexseal matterhorn white finish.
- Main Boom: CSC Composites Carbon sail
storage V shaped-boom.
- Spreaders: 4 sets of aluminium foil shaped,
- Mainsail reefing system: Slab reefing with single line reefing web for Reef I&II, outboard line for Reef III
- Four point Lazy Jack system.
- Navtec Nitronic-50 Rod
- Hydraulic mast jack system.
- 4 function stainless steel Navtec hydraulic operation panel with electric control button.
- Navtec hydraulic boomvang
- Navtec hydraulic outhaul
- 1 Navtec hydraulic cunningham tensioner
- 2 Navtec hydraulic backstay cylinders with mechanical lock.
- Harken 26 mm full batten T Track system with battcar switch system to reduce stack height.
- 1 Reckmann UD4 Sphere below deck hydraulic genoa furl.
- 1 Reckmann below deck hydraulic Code 0 furl.
- 2 Aquasignal LED green Navigation lights on PS and SB.
- 2 Aquasignal LED red Navigation lights on PS
- 1 LED steam light
- 8 LED spreader up lights
- 2 LED spreader down lights
- 1 Windex with LED light
- 1 Doyle genoa full spectra radial cut
- 1 Doyle mainsail with 3 reefs full spectra radial cut
- 1 Doyle furling code-0
- 1 Doyle symmetric spinnaker
- 1 Doyle storm jib spectra
Winches & Hardware and SB.
- 2 Lewmar 77 EST chrome electric genoa sheet winches, 3 speed
- 2 Lewmar 68 EST chrome electric main sheet winches.
- 1 Lewmar 65 HST Alu. hydraulic winch at mast base, 2 speed.
- 1 Lewmar 77 EST chrome electric winch at mast base, 3 speed
- 1 Lewmar 68 EST chrome electric winch at mast base, 2 speed
- 2 Lewmar 65 EST chrome electric runner winch, 2 speed
- 1 Antal line driver for mainsail traveller.
- Lewmar/Ronstan ball bearing racing blocks according to deck plan.
Engine and Propulsion
- 1 Volvo Penta D7 TA heavy-duty commercial diesel engine-6 cylinder, (265HP–2300 rpm)
- Mechanical remote control.
- 60 mm dublex stainless steel engine shaft with Aquadrive flexible coupling system.
- Gori 2 speed, 4 blades folding propeller.
- Wet exhaust system, consists of a Halyard lift silencer, stainless steel pipe, rubber hose.
- The exhaust is led through a rubber hose and stainless steel pipe to PS.
- 1 Lewmar 300TT electric tunnel thruster with twin propeller counter rotating;
15 kw-48 volt / 280 kgf thrust.
- 2 Custom designed aluminium pedestals.
- Lewmar Mamba stainless steel rod with bevelboxes steering system.
- 2 leather covered stainless steel steering wheels. Diameter is 1000 mm.
- 1 aluminium tiller operated from deck.
- Raymarine Autopilot
- Lewmar 24V Autopilot Drive
- Mascoat ceramic coating applied to the sidewalls of the hull above waterline and to the deck to prevent condensation.
- Mascoat ceramic coating applied to the walls of the engine room for sound & vibration.
- Anti-vibration plates are bonded to the bilge and to the sidewalls of the engine room.
- 50 mm low density Rockwool for the sidewalls of the hull.
- 50 mm low density BASF melamine under the deck.
- 30 mm high density & 30 mm low density Rockwool + white Bondal plating for the walls & ceiling for the inside of the engine room.
- 50 mm low density Rockwool for the outside of the engine room walls.
Sea water system
- Central seawater manifold for main engine, generator, deck wash, water maker, air- conditioning system.
- 1 Jabsco pump 24 volt connected to the central sea water inlet. Outlet on deck near anchor.
- 1 custom hydraulic power pack at the bow, equipped with two 3000 watts hydraulic pumps to operate genoa and code-0 furlers.
- 1 custom hydraulic power pack at the stern, equipped with two 3000 watts hydraulic pumps to operate hydraulic transom door, backstays, boomvang, outhaul and cunningham hydraulic cylinders.
- Aluminium storage tank integrated in hull and keel construction of 2300 litres.
- Aluminum day tank in the engine room 90 litres.
- Each tank is equipped with a level gauge. Tanks throughly cleaned before closing off. Manholes are positioned easy accessible.
- Jabsco 24V electrical fuel pump is installed between day tank and double bottom tank. Operated by level switches.
- Blackmer manual backup pump
- Separ fuel filter / seperator for main engine and for generator.
- Additional Separ fuel polishing / cleaning system.
- Vent pipe runs into the mast to exit the mast at first spreader
- Submersible 24V. pump Forepeak, Lazerette, Engine room
- 2 pieces of F.E.I.T. 24V central bilge pump (this can be used also as grey water discharge pump)
- Pumps, pipes and hoses are connected to a central manifold and to a central discharge pipe in the engine room. CE approved ball valves and piping is used.
- Each compartment is fitted with a separate sound alarm. Alarms run to the pilothouse.
Grey & Black Water System
- 1 Aluminium storage tank integrated in the hull of 350 litres. Tank is coated with epoxy.
- 2 Aluminium storage tanks of in total 400 litres. Tanks are coated with epoxy.
- Vent pipes run into the mast to exit the mast at first spreader.
- Each tank is equipped with a level gauge and alarm. Tanks are thoroughly cleaned before closing off. Manholes are easily accessible.
- 1 F.E.I.T. 24V grey water discharge pump can be used as a back up pump for black water.
- 1 F.E.I.T. 24V black water discharge pump can be used as a back up pump for grey water.
- 5 Fresh water flushed floor mounted 24V toilets.
- 1 black water marina discharge connections.
- 1 grey water marina discharge connections.
- Alternatively the grey & black water can be pumped out through the central discharge pipe exiting the hull underwater.
Fire Fighting System
- 1 Smoke sensor is placed in the engine room.
- 1 CO2 fire extinguishing system, automated and controlled operation from outside the engine room.
- 6 Powder extinguishers 2kg with bracket.
- 1 Fire blanket fitted in the galley.
Air Conditioning and Heating
- 3 Webasto reversed cycle air-conditioning water cooled compressors placed in the engine room (105.000 BTU).
- 8 Fan coils in pilothouse, galley, owners cabin, pilothouse, guest cabins, crew mess and crew cabin.
- 7 Individual temperature control in all accommodation spaces.
- 2 Aluminum storage tanks integrated in the hull of in total 2000 litres. Tanks are coated with nonepoxy.
- Each tank is equipped with a level gauge. The manifold for the tank is placed in the engine room. Tanks are thoroughly cleaned before closing off. Manholes are positioned easy accessible.
- 2 (one being backup) F.E.I.T. 24V, complete with pressure switch, manometer and non- return valve. Pumps are installed on flexible mountings in the engine room.
- 1 piece of 220 volt hot water boiler of 130 litres.
- 1 Sea Recovery water maker with a capacity of 220 litres per hour. 230V – 1 phase, complete with automatic fresh water flush system.
- 1 Deck shower hot/cold near the swimming platform.
- 1 Onan 17,5 kW (230V - 1 phase).
- 1 Main panel in engine room 220V.
- 1 Main panel in engine room 24V.
- 1 Main switch panel outside of the engine room 24-220V.
- 1 Mastervolt isolation transformer.
- 2 Victron 5000 watts inverter charger (one will be used as a backup).
- 1 Volvo bipolar 24V – 40Amp.
- 1 Balmar bipolar 24V - 140Amp.
- 6 VictroN 12V-220A cells coupled to 24 Volts, maintenance free type gel batteries for service.
- 2 Victron 12V cell 90Ah, maintenance free AGM batteries for main engine. Possibility of using main service battery set as backup.
- 1 Victron 12V cell 90Ah, maintenance free AGM batteries for generator.
- 4 Optima 75Ah for windlass, front power pack, ball thruster. Possibility of using main service battery set as backup.
- 1 battery Victron charger for optima batteries.
- Double-wire-insulated 24V-DC and 230V-AC system.
- Materials are approved for sea going ships use. The 24V and 230V wires are mounted in cable tracks.
- Raymarine Navigation instruments with 2 chart plotter and radar.
- Type of wood “Teak”.
- Very high sound insulation.
- Mattresses, seats and sofa’s cushions included.
- Cream leather look ceilings
- Ocean Air Curtains
- Interior lights and ornaments all LED
- 1 Corion black with silver sparkle kitchen worktop.
- Provisions for 8 person couverts, pots, pans and cutlery.
- 1 Siemens glass induction 4 plate cooker with stainless custom pan rack and securing brackets. 230V – 1 phase.
- 1 Siemens electrical hot air oven/grill combination built in with the cooker in a custom built gimballed module.
- 1 Siemens built-in microwave.
- 1 Waeco integrated ice cube maker.
- 1 Waeco integrated freezer under the worktop.
- 1 Waeco integrated freezer with 4 drawers.
- 1 Siemens integrated refrigerator.
- 1 Electrolux washing and dryer combination machine inside of the engine room