The Lagoon 52, marks a whole new era in the design of cruising catamarans, as indeed did its predecessor, the famed Lagoon 500.
With its diamond-shaped vertical bows, bevelled hulls, its as if levitated deckhouse and tall rig, the Lagoon 52 is no ordinary catamaran, but its originality goes a great deal further than just its "outer" appearance, or even its interior layout.
This Lagoon is the result of lengthy discussions between the architects at Van Peteghem-Lauriot Prévost (VPLP), the Italian Nauta Design agency and the Lagoon design department. These discussions led us to make some important and sometimes radical choices, while remaining faithful to what we believe in, in terms of elegance, comfort, safety, user friendliness and, it goes without saying, performance under sail.
The Lagoon 52 is now available in 2 versions: FlyBridge or SporTop.
Lagoon 52 : luxurious and contemporary
- noble and luxurious materials, with soft shades for a harmonious interior
- continuous horizontal and fluent lines give the interior open and generous spaces
- continuity between exterior and interior life
- a slender exterior design for a boat with a strong character
- infusion-moulding for increased weight saving (important for a catamaran), an optimal structure, and greater protection for the environment and shipbuilders
- interior woodwork in Alpi® reconstituted wood, a sustainable source
- vertical glazing for better protection against the sun and optimal space and headroom
- gull-wing bridge deck for greater comfort in heavy seas
- wide choice of layouts including 3, 4, 5 or 6 cabins, with respectively 3, 4 or 5 washrooms
- VPLP design: performance under sail guaranteed!
Exterior: elegance, comfort and safety
- the boat is accessed via large aft transoms, facilitating boarding and disembarking
- broad sidedecks, with recessed deck hatches
- the cockpit is level with the saloon, and has an outdoor lounge and sun-lounging area to starboard
- the cabin-top design creates a more elegant and punchier roof outline
a large sunbathing area on the cabintop
- the sail areas are the same with the FlyBridge version. However, the lower mast and boom:
- reduces pitching
- makes the boom easier to access
- the cabintop bulkhead fitted steering position includes the following:
- all maneuvers
- integrated comfortable helm station seat for 2 persons
- access from the cockpit and the sidedeck
- an optional extra safety system is also offered, with a tilting composite beam (optional) to close off the steering station in bad weather
- a composite bimini above steering area is available as an option