Cutter Loose continues to receive excellent care, even though she is being offered for sale.
Her teak has been coated and her boot stripe compounded. Her owners never scrimp on her care.
Many times you read that a boat is upgraded and maintained to high standards, only to be disappointed when you see her. As a broker who has been selling yachts for almost thirty years, I will tell you that this boat is way above anything you have seen, or will see.
She is "as new" and, in many ways, better. She has not been detailed and prepared for sale, this is the way she lives. Her owners are proud of her, and with every reason.
If you have dreamed of owning a new Island Packet 460, this is your opportunity. Her care has been meticulously documented and you will feel as though you were with her from the factory to her present slip.
The owners have also provided a full description of the operation and maintenance of all her systems in an easy to follow format. This is invaluable to someone starting new boat ownership.
She is ready to take you around the world in safety and comfort.....just bring your clothes and food.
Some of her incredible equipment includes;
Full array of electronics suited to offshore work
Full safety equipment including Winslow Six Man Raft, Epirb, MOM8, Ditch Bag, etc.
Custom Arch incorporating dinghy davit, Outboard lift, various equipment mounts and custom "wrap-around" extension rails to stanchion
Kyocera Solar Panels
Eclectic Energy D400 Wind Generator
Reverse Cycle heat and Air
and much more!
She is ready to go NOW!
Please review her extensive listing and know that you will not be disappointed when you see her.
Her care has been excellent and this is an opportunity you will not want to miss!
Listed by Michele Martinage, who has been
helping satisfied customers buy and sell yachts for 30 years.
She's always available at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell which is
Please contact Michele Martinage at (410) 708-4416
Ytterligare specifikationer, utrustning och information:
Köl: full köl
LÖA Längd över allt: 49 fot 9 tum
Bredd: 14 fot 4 tum
LWL: 38 fot 1 tum
Max. djupgång: 5 fot 0 tum
Deplacement: 32000 pund
Höjd över vatten ytan: 62 fot 0 tum
Total effekt: 75 HP
Motor typ: Inombord
Propeller: 3-bladig propeller
Motorstyrka: 75 HP
Färskvattentankar: Glasfiber (260 Gallon)
Bränsletankar: Aluminium (160 Gallon)
Septitankar: Glasfiber (55 Gallon)
Overview and Introduction to Cutter Loose
Cutter Loose is one of only twelve IP 460s manufactured by Island Packet Yachts since this model was introduced at the 2008 fall boat shows. The IP 460 builds on the success of IPY’s previous two cabin/two head/aft cockpit configurations. In 2009, the IP 460 was awarded the Best Long-Distance Cruiser and overall Boat-of-the-Year Award by Cruising World Magazine.
Construction of hull #8 was completed in January, 2009. Following initial commissioning, she was launched in June, 2009. Since then, she has capably plied the waters between Maine and Grenada, carrying her owners safely and comfortably on the adventure of a lifetime.
No expense has been spared to equip this boat sensibly for offshore passages and carefree livability during extended periods at anchor. She is ready to carry her crew anywhere in the world in comfort, safety and style.
Whether your aspirations involve a circumnavigation, tropical island-hopping, coastal cruising or simply a spacious and comfortable home-away-from-home on the water, Cutter Loose is capable of fulfilling all of these dreams and more. Discriminating buyers should not miss this opportunity to own and enjoy this extraordinary example of the best and most spacious aft cockpit design ever to be produced by Island Packet Yachts.
The spacious master cabin is forward and features a queen size island berth located slightly to starboard with massive storage underneath. There is a dressing seat, hanging lockers and storage compartments to port. Directly forward of the master stateroom is the ensuite head with lavatory/vanity, drawer storage and a huge stall shower with curved seat and gray water pump. You will never feel cramped here. ( I think this is the best boat shower ever designed!)
Directly aft of the master stateroom is the main saloon. There are facing settees port and starboard in Buff Ultraleather with the starboard settee converting to a double. Also in this area are hanging lockers, massive storage under and behind the settees that encompass several levels and storage compartments outboard of the settees. There is also a file cabinet behind the seat-back cushion on the starboard side and a wine storage cabinet on port. Both of these were designed specifically by Island Packet for the 460.
Directly aft of the port settee is the guest/day head with vacu-flush head, sink and separate stall shower. Aft of the head is the aft cabin with king-size berth, lots of storage and good ventilation. There is access to the saloon and private access to the guest head.
Aft of the starboard settee is the forward facing navigation station with comfortable seat with back support. Directly aft of that and to starboard of the companionway is the galley. This is a wonderful space for the cook to work his/her magic.
All in all, Cutter Loose is a beautiful yacht, brilliantly designed for cruising with all the comforts of home.
- Perfect layout with everything a cruiser needs for comfortable, safe passage-making.
- Light, bright interior with massive storage Owners will share their "tried and true" method of organizing - complete with diagram!
- Reverse cycle heat and air shore side or underway provides comfort in any condition.
- Cutter Loose combines beauty, safety and comfort and, because of her exceptional care, gives you a reliable, "go anywhere" home on the water.
- Stainless steel handholds strategically located throughout the cabin for safe maneuvering below in heavy seas.
The "U" shape galley in Cutter Loose is located to starboard at the base of the companionway. It is a well designed galley with plenty of preparation and storage space.
- Corian counters with integral sea rails
- Double bowl stainless steel sink
- Pressure Hot and Cold water in galley/ heads and transom shower
- SeaGull IV water filter servicing galley faucet and faucets in forward and aft head
- Manual fresh water pump
- Teak dish storage racks and cutlery drawers
- Slide-out trash bin
- Frigoboat thermostatically controlled keel cooler refrigerator and freezer with electric drain pump and custom LED lighting that turns on and off automatically as the lids are raised and lowered.
- Gimaled three burner Force 10 LPG oven/ stovetop
Communications and Entertaiment
- ICOM IC-M504 VHF transceiver mounted at nav station
- ICOM HM-162B VHF Command-mike mounted on binnacle
- ICOM IC-M802 high frequency single sideband transceiver mounted at nav station
- Insulated backstay SSB antenna
- ICOM AT-140 automatic antenna tuner for SSB mounted in lazarette compartment
- Copper foil ground plane for SSB antenna mounted in bin under aft stateroom berth
- Pactor DR7400 P4 Dragon modem for sending/receiving e mail at sea via Sailmail, including wireless and hard wire USB connections for PC (requires annual Sailmail subscription)
- Rogue Wave WiFi booster with dedicated antenna mounted on arch
- Cradlepoint MBR1000 WiFi router
- Samsung UN26C 26” LED television with swivel mount on salon bulkhead
- Sony Blu Ray 3D disk player mounted in salon
- Shakespeare 2020 omni-directional marine TV/FM antenna mounted at masthead
- Alpine audiophile stereo sound system:
- iDA-X100 head unit/receiver mounted at nav station
- PDX-5 powered amplifiers rated at 300 watt RMS each (2)
- SWR-M100 11” subwoofer mounted in custom enclosure
- Two 7” midrange speakers and two dome tweeters mounted in salon
- Two 6” all-weather speakers in cockpit
- Apple Ipod/Iphone connecting cable
Sails & Rigging
Island Packet has always promoted the versatile cutter rig with the self tacking Hoyt staysail boom that makes shorthanded cruising a breeze. All lines are led aft to the cockpit while the halyard winches remain on the mast to keep the cockpit uncluttered.
- Mast head cutter rig gives versatility in all weather conditions
- Extruded aluminum furling mast and boom
- Vertically battened roller furling mainsail
- 110% Genoa on Harken Roller Furling
- Staysail on Hoyt designed staysail boom and Harken Roller Furling
- Custom designed removable chafe protector for furled staysail (eliminates chafing by jib sheets)
- Mast head cutter rig gives versatility in all weather conditions
- Extruded aluminum furling mast and boom
- Lewmar Ocean Series 44CST two speed mainsail furling winch on cabin top
- Lewmar Ocean Series 44CST two speed mainsheet winch on cabin top
- Lewmar Ocean Series 54CST electric primary winches
- Coaming mounted furling winches for headsail and staysail
- (2) Lewmar 30 CST mast mounted main and genoa halyard winches
- (1) Lewmar 8C mast mounted staysail halyard winch
- Dutchman boom brake system
- 4:1 Traveler control system
- Rigid Boom Vang
- (2) Flag halyards on lower spreaders
- Masthead flag halyard with Harken micro block led to cleat on stern arch
- Lewmar winch handles
- Two mast-mounted Spinlock rope clutches for mainsail and genoa
- Spinlock cam cleats on traveler controls in cockpit
Deck and Hull
The largest aft cockpit design that Island Packet built, the 460 is the prettiest girl at the dance and will delight you with her performance. The shear grace of this design is breathtaking but, she is designed to offer additional deck area aft of the cockpit. This allows safe and easy handling of stern lines as well as convenient access to the lazarette locker.
As with all Island Packets her hull is a hand lay up tri-axel roving solid glass and her deck has inorganic coring which will last the life of the boat. She is built with premium gel coat and non skid.
Starting at the bow
- Integral bow pulpit with two stainless steel Seasafe Anchor Rollers and double stainless steel bow rails
- Vetus 6HP Bow Thruster with joystick control at helm
- Muir Cheetah 2500 electric anchor windlass with up/down foot switches and up/down control at helm
- Large anchor locker with Lewmar deck hatch
- 88 lb. Rocna primary anchor with 250’ of 3/8” chain
- 45 lb. CQR secondary anchor with 60’ of 3/8” chain and 200’ of rope rode
- Fresh and raw water deck wash-down at bow
- Stanchions and double stainless steel life lines
- Stainless Steel mast pulpits Port and Starboard
- 13 stainless steel opening ports with screens
- 8 Lewmar deck hatches with built-in Ocean-Air retractable screens and shades
- Wonderful aft cockpit with sufficient space to stretch out and relax (14 ft of seating area per side)
- Cockpit cushions - tan with red piping
- Helmsman's seat and backrest
- Cockpit table
- Large aft deck with cavernous lazarette compartment
- Fiberglass and teak stern platform with swim ladder
- (8) Fenders and numerous dock lines
- over 400 cubic feet of weatherproof storage space for gear and supplies
- provides roomy access to generator, refrigerator/freezer compressors, hydraulic autopilot drive unit and watermaker pump
- built-in shelf beneath hydraulic deck hatch for quick and easy access to life raft and emergency tiller
- abundance of space for folding bicycles and fenders
Stern Boarding Platform
- attractive and roomy fiberglass and teak platform extending the entire width of the stern
- custom KATO boarding handrails for safety and ease of launching and boarding the dinghy
- stainless steel retractable swim ladder mounted under boarding platform
- custom LED courtesy lighting mounted on transom for ease of boarding in darkness
- All cockpit canvas designed and constructed by Chris Ford at Yacht Canvas in Annapolis
- Tubular stainless steel framewwork fabricated by KATO of Annapolis
- Color for all cockpit canvas; "Toast" 3 4628-0000
- Full-height (6’-3”) dodger:
- excellent visibility and ease of access and egress to/from companionway
- 3 polycarbonate panels (new replacements on 7/1/2016) and 6 eisenglass panels
- stainless steel safety grab bars on exterior sides of dodger near boarding gate
- stainless steel safety grab bar on aft edge of dodger
- Extra-wide (caprail to caprail) Sunbrella bimini and connecting panel for maximum shade and sun protection
- Zippered/recessed full canvas cockpit enclosure with 7 eisenglass panels
- Zippered Sunbrella shade panel covering lazarette deck
- Zippered Sunbrella binnacle cover
- Sunbrella outboard motor cover
- Zippered sun awnings for P&S sides of bimini + lazarette deck
- Island Packet achieves the strongest possible construction by using premium biaxial and triaxial roving in their one piece laminated hull and keel.
- Island Packet"s full foil keel provides moderate draft, dependable motion and unparalled safety and seakeeping.
- Use of superior Durashield gel coat
- Full keel design and aluminum rudder step to protect prop from snags
- Full length rub rail
- Custom red boot stripe
This polished stainless steel stern arch is an extraordinary work of art by the folks at KATO in Annapolis, MD. The process of raising and lowering the dinghy is simplified by the spacious aft deck.
- integration of arch into stern rail with custom “wrap-around” extension of rails to stanchion
- 5 antenna risers
- 3 solar panel mounts
- wind generator mount
- outboard motor lifting arm with block and tackle
- dinghy davits with block and tackle
- 4 stainless steel cleats
- 2 lazarette deck reinforcing struts
- stainless steel flag mount
- stainless steel fishing rod holder
- dinghy is safely positioned high and dry on arch davits, improving visibility astern and minimizing the possibility of being swamped in a following sea
- custom arch-mounted LED floodlight illuminates aft deck for ease of boarding in darkness
- Raymarine E-120 multifunction display at helm
- Raymarine E-80 multifunction display at nav station
- Navionics cartography for USA and South America, including the Caribbean and Bahamas + CF cards and PC card reader for data backup and Raymarine software updates
- PC/Sea Talk NMEA 0183 Interface
- Raymarine Raystar 126 GPS sensor
- AIS 500 Class B transceiver with dedicated antenna mounted on arch
- SR 100 Sirius real-time weather module with dedicated antenna mounted on arch (requires subscription)
- Raymarine RD424 24” 4kw analog Radome scanner with KATO stainless steel tubular mount on mast
- Raymarine ST 60+ knot/depth/wind indicators mounted above sea hood
- Raymarine R28170 short arm masthead wind speed/direction transducer new as of 1/25/2016 (warranted by Raymarine through 1/25/2019)
- Raymarine ST 6001 SmartPilot autopilot keypad control mounted on binnacle
- Raymarine E12207 hydraulic linear drive autopilot installed in custom protective box in lazarette compartment
- Raymarine Wireless A18105 autopilot Smart Controller with instrument repeater mounted at nav station
- Full 110V and 12v systems with numerous 110V plugs and 12V plu
- Dual 30 amp dockside power system with 2 50' cords
- Maspower MP8M 8 kW AC generator (615 hours as of 7/1/2016)
- Charles 500 SP 60 amp charger
- High output Balmar 100 amp alternator
- Balmar voltage regulator
- Balmar Digital Duo Charge monitor
- Line Voltage test switch on DC panel at nav station
- Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and underwater metals
- 8 Lifeline AGM 12v GPL-27T battery house bank (new as of 9/2015) = 800 amp hour total capacity
- (1) Lifeline AGM 12V 2700T dedicated engine start batttery - 2015
- (1) Lifeline AGM 12V 2700 T dedicated generator start battery - 2015
- Xantrex 1800 watt sine wave inverter mounted at nav station
- Xantrex Link-Pro battery monitor mounted at nav station
- (3) Kyocera KC130TM 130 watt solar panels mounted on arch with Blue Sky Solar Boost 3024iL duocharge controller mounted in lazarette compartment and Blue Sky Solar Boost IPN Pro-remote mounted at nav station
- Eclectic Energy D400 wind generator mounted on arch; brake switch and heat dissipater mounted in lazarette compartment
- ProMariner ProSafe1 polarity/galvanic isolator monitor mounted at nav station
- Fireboy - Xintex CO monitor hard-wired and mounted at nav station
- 12v DC cigarette lighter outlets installed at binnacle, galley and nav station for charging electronic devices
- Orca Green Marine #LXTA-SP TriAnchor masthead LED tri-color/anchor/strobe light with photodiode (dusk to dawn) controller; selector control switch mounted at nav station
- LED courtesy lighting in cockpit and stern boarding area
- LED flood light mounted on arch
- LED replacement bulbs in running lights, foredeck light, recessed ceiling lighting and stainless steel reading lights throughout cabin
- LED lighting in fridge and freezer with contact switches
- (3) gimbaled three speed Caframo Sirocco DC fans; 2 mounted in salon + 1 mounted in galley/nav station
- (4) Hella Turbo two speed DC fans; 1 mounted in forward head , 2 in forward stateroom, and 1 in aft stateroom
- Energy saving Coastal Climate Control “Merlin” replacement controllers installed on both refrigerator and freezer Danfoss compressors (replaced standard Frigoboat Smart Speed controllers)
Mechanical and Plumbing
- Yanmar model 4JH4-TE; 75 HP turbocharged FWC engine (2,542 hours as of 7/1/2016)
- Yanmar KM4A2 transmission
- 3 blade fixed propeller
- Aluminum fuel tank w/gauge
- Racor fuel filter with water separator
- Groco bronze engine intake strainer
- Remote engine oil filter under galley bin for ease of removal/replacemen
- Single lever engine control with Glendinning control cables
- Lewmar Cobra geared direct-drive steering system with Edson 32” stainless steel wheel
- 16 K BTU Cruiseair Reverse Cycle Heat and Air 16k located under port settee in salon; condensate drains to bilge
- 10K BTU Cruiseair Reverse Cycle Heat and Air located under berth in forward stateroom; condensate drains to forward head shower sump
- Electrical and plumbing lines roughed-in for third AC unit in lazarette compartment to service aft stateroom (never needed…never added)
- Cruiseair QHT thermostat/control keypads in salon and forward stateroom
Safety and USCG Equipment
- ACR Global Fix Pro 406 MHz GPS EPIRB hard-wired to ship’s GPS for position fix
- ISO-certified Winslow #606LSO six person liferaft in valise (stored on shelf in lazarette compartment)
- MOM 8 man overboard module mounted on stern rail (inspected and re-certified 9/2015)
- Tri Lens passive radar reflector with internal Luneberg lenses mounted on mast
- Mustang Survival throwable Rescue Stick
- Lifesling 3 with 150’ of line stowed in fiberglass canister mounted on stern rail
- West Marine 70’ throw rope; safety yellow with SOLAS reflective tape
- 8 Type II PFDs
- 2 Type IV throwable cushions
- Emergency flares in waterproof container
- ACR Rapidditch express emergency ditch bag
- Emergency VHF antenna
- 3 Kidde Type B/C fire extinguishers
- Fire’s Out galley fire blanket
- Laminated USCG Rules of the Road
- Portable air horn sound signal device
Where to begin?
Cutter Loose is so well equipped and equally well documented that her owners can give you a very succinct idea of the equipment included with her. There is also an available descriptive list of projects recently completed on Cutter Loose. Just ask and I will be glad to send it to you.
Here is a list of miscellaneous items that will accompany her.
- Custom-fitted gold/black stripe bedspread for forward stateroom berth
- Matching pillow case covers
- 5 matching/contrasting throw pillows for forward stateroom and salon
- 3 custom-fitted sets of sheets and pillow cases for forward stateroom berth
- 1 custom-fitted set of sheets and pillow cases for aft stateroom berth
- KATO custom stainless steel thru-bolted boarding handrails mounted on stern platform (2)
- Textalene 2” closed cell foam stern seat cushions to match cockpit cushions (IPY)
- Edson outboard motor mount
- Second aluminum 10 pound LPG tank (in addition to tank supplied by factory)
- No Strike lightning dissipation array mounted at masthead
- Davis wind indicator mounted at masthead
- (2) Wichard jack lines and (2) Wichard folding pad eyes secured to backing plates at bow (2)
- Cast/polished stainless steel Island Packet step plates at boarding gates (2)
- Weems and Plath 4002 electronic barometer mounted at nav station; hard-wired to house bank
- Handsome matching set of Weems and Plath Atlantis polished chrome quartz clock, barometer and thermometer mounted on salon bulkhead
- Nicro solar vents mounted on hatches in forward stateroom and aft head for air circulation
- Delrin blocks mounted under periphery of toilet seats in forward head and aft head to keep seat secure in a seaway
- Line storage hooks installed in anchor locker and lazarette compartment
- Lee cloths for berths in forward stateroom, aft stateroom and settee berths in salon (Bruce Gregory design/production)
- Retractable nylon clotheslines in forward head and galley
- Varnished teak liquid soap holders at galley and in forward and aft heads
- Zarcor “peek-a-boo” window shades in forward head, forward stateroom, aft head and aft stateroom
- Custom carpet in salon to protect teak and holly sole
- All sanitation hoses replaced with Raritan Sani Flex hoses in September, 2015
- Varnished Edson teak and stainless steel drink holder on binnacle
- Two five gallon diesel jerry jugs
- One 1 gallon diesel fuel jug
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.