This 28' trimaran (Spark design) is spiritually a multihull version of the famous L. Francis Herreshoff "Rozinante", a canoe stern yawl.
The final boat (Damfino) is unmistakably Newick in design with gracious curved lines but is a sweet sailing boat with good handling and performance. She is lovingly crafted of fiberglass over Corecell foam, vacuum bagged making for strong, consistent layups without excess resin.
Damfino is demountable for trailering.
Designer: Dick Newick
Builder: Jim Conlin (Conlin Boatworks <http://www.conlin-boats.com/index.html>)
LOA: 27' 11"
LWL: 27' 4"
BOA: 22' 5"
Draft Min: 1' 3"
Draft Max: 6'
Displacement: 3,000 lbs
Bruce Number: 1.3
• THIS BOAT IS DEMOUNTABLE FOR TRAILERING (it is a time consuming task but doable).
• Fiberglass over Corecell foam.
• Extensive use of carbon fiber in the beams and daggerboard.
• Vacuum bagged.
• A complete set of construction photos documenting the build process are available.
8HP Yamaha mounted on a sled controlled by a block & tackle
3 Gal gas tank
A cozy double or comfortable single berth below.
Marine toilet with holding tank
Minimally equipped, there is a sink with a hand pump located to port as you enter the cabin. For the ocassional cooking session you'll need to bring along a portable stove. There are storage cubbies so your culinary tools have places to be stowed.
• Both the main mast and the mizzen mast are unstayed carbon
• "Park Avenue" boom on main mast
• Wishbone boom for mizzen mast
• Dodger protecting the forward end of the cockpit
• 2 Harken 40-ST winches
• 1 Harken 32-ST winch
• 2 Harken 16 winches
Mainsail and Mizzen sail, by Dave Bierig Sails out of North East, PA. Both of constructed of Dacron, in very good condition.
The original "Lungstrom" mainsail is available. (Lungstrom rig, first developed in the 1930s, is a double-panel mainsail set on sail tracks. Sailing downwind, one can open the mainsail to fly its port and starboard panels wing and wing.)
• 12V battery
• 8 circuit breaker panel
• Interior cabin lights
• Garmin GPSmap 440S chartplotter
• Bulkhead mounted compass
• Navigation lights
• Claw anchor with chain and rode
• Life jackets (4)
• There is a yard trailer sold with the boat on which the boat could be stored. The trailer is road legal but is not setup to transport the main hull, the beams, floats and masts in one trip.
The Multihull Source, Inc. offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.