"Bulldogger" is a 2006 Navigator 4800 Classic featuring the optional three stateroom/two head arrangement with accommodations for six. Powered by twin Volvo Penta D6 diesels providing 370 hp, this 48 foot is designed with 15-16 kt cruising speeds in mind while providing efficient fuel economy via common rail power.
Built and designed as a West Coast cruising platform, the Navigator 4800 Classic has fit the bill for Pacific Coast cruisers since 1997 when the model was first released. Providing plenty of space, and an open and comfortable layout, the Navigator 4800 Classic has been an extremely popular choice for family cruising.
Please contact Mark Barish at 562-598-9433 (Bus) or 562-810-8801 (Cell) or via E-mail email@example.com for more information.
The Navigator 4800 features accommodations for six in three staterooms. Entering the boat via the cockpit you are greeted with double sliding glass doors into the spacious salon. With windows throughout at all angles, the salon is bright and open, yet can be closed for privacy via blinds throughout. Halogen lighting fills the space once the sun sets. To starboard is a comfortable settee with entertainment center opposite for comfortable viewing.
Joining the salon is a comfortable galley with spacious Corian countertops. With an electric cooktop, convection microwave, and large refrigerator/freezer, meal storage and preparation is easy and still in the mix of all the fun in the salon and cockpit area. Add a rod holder mounted barbecue into one of the multiple cockpit rod holders when you don't want to run a generator and easy prepare and serve meals between the cockpit and galley with ease.
Up three steps to the raised pilothouse is the helm deck and dinette. A full suite of electronics and great climate controlled visibility makes the Navigator 4800 a great cruising boat with comfort for longer stretches between stops. To starboard a sliding door allows for bow and side deck access and helps to make cruising this boat with one couple very doable. Toward the aft portion of the helm deck are a series of steps leading to the flybridge helm and seating throughout.
Down the companionway steps are three staterooms with accommodations for six. Aft is the master, featuring a large athwartship island queen to starboard and featuring an ensuite head and stall shower. Multiple cedar lined hanging lockers provide an abundance of space and storage throughout. Ensuite head features stall shower and Vacuflush head.
To port is the guest stateroom featuring over/under bunks with reading lights and cedar lined hanging locker. To starboard is the guest/day head featuring Vacuflush head, vanity and stall shower.
Forward is the VIP stateroom featuring a double berth. Storage is provided throughout with drawers and lockers.
Volvo Penta's 6-cylinder D6‑370 is developed from the latest design in modern diesel technology.
The engine has common rail fuel injection system, double overhead camshafts, 4 valves per cylinder, turbocharger and aftercooler. Together with a large swept volume and the EVC system (Electronic Vessel Control), this results in world-class diesel performance, combined with low emissions.
-Flexible engine mounting
-Easily replaceable separate full-flow and bypass oil filter
-Seawater-cooled tubular oil cooler
Fuel system-Common rail fuel injection system
Air inlet and exhaust system
-Air filter with replaceable insert
-Crankcase gases vented into the air inlet
-Exhaust elbow or exhaust riser
-Loss of sea water alarm
- Thermostatically regulated freshwater cooling
- Tubular heat exchanger with separate large volume expansion tank
- Coolant system prepared for hot water outlet
- Easily accessible seawater impeller pump
- 12V or 24V two-pole electrical system
- 14V/115A or 28V/80A marine alternator with Zener-diodes to protect the system from peak voltage, and integrated charging regulator with battery sensor cable for maximum use of alternator
- Fuses with automatic reset (12V) and fuses with manual reset (24V)
- Auxiliary stop button
- Complete instrumentation/display packages, including e-key, the electronic key from Volvo Penta
- Electronic shift and throttle
- Plug-in connections
- Reverse gear with matched drop center and 8° down angle for compact installation and minimum propeller shaft angle.
- Bevel gears which results in smooth running at all speeds
- Hydraulically operated clutch for smooth shifting
- Electrical shifting performed by electromagnetic valves
- Seawater-cooled oil cooler