Insulated steel hull, center cockpit, Vulcain IV designed by Gilbert Caroff. The hull was professionally built by Chantiers Brument in France. Her interior was then meticulously finished by the original owner over a period of 13 years in Switzerland. Launched in 2002.
"NEW LIFE" is a transatlantic veteran, arriving in 2011 in North America. She is only on her second owner. She arrived on the shores of her current home in the Sea of Cortez by land transport in 2018.
Her interiors must be seen to be believed. Varnished mahogany and plywood, impeccably maintained. With solar panels, wind generators, and watermaker – this boat has all that is needed for world cruising. Her bottom has just been painted with anti-fouling (January 2020).
CONTACT LISTING BROKER:
MARISA VELASCO @ CELL +52-622-855-9167 or US 949-209-8699
or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
VESSEL IS LOCATED IN: San Carlos, Sonora, MEXICO
Please contact Marisa Velasco at +52 62 28 55 91 67
Ytterligare specifikationer, utrustning och information:
Tillverkare: Chantiers Brument
Designer: Gilbert Caroff
Registrerad i: USA
LÖA Längd över allt: 36 fot 0 tum
Bredd: 12 fot 0 tum
Max. djupgång: 5 fot 6 tum
Deplacement: 20000 pund
Total effekt: 40 HP
Motormärke: Volvo Penta
Motortyp: MC 2040-BT
Motor typ: Inombord
Propeller: 3-bladig propeller
Motorstyrka: 40 HP
Marschfart: 6 knop
Färskvattentankar: (74 Gallon)
Bränsletankar: (66 Gallon)
Septitankar: (26 Gallon)
Antal hytter: 1
Antal toaletter: 1
Enter through the center cockpit companionway. Above the companionway is a unique acrylic bubble allowing views out on deck without exposure to the elements. The interior woodwork is mahogany and plywood. Deck hatches, opening portholes and dorade vents provide natural light and ventilation. Storage is plentiful throughout. Cabin heater is amidships.
The saloon/dinette is forward and features a central double leaf dinette table with a settee on each side that convert easily to single berths. There is a v-berth in the fore peak.
The L-shaped galley is aft to port complete with refrigeration, 3-burner stove & oven, double stainless sinks and tons of storage. Across and to starboard is the navigation station.
The head is aft of the galley. There is a sink and shower with pressure water.
There is a double berth in the master aft cabin. A single sea/pilot berth in the starboard passageway allows 5 people to sleep comfortably.
On deck full forward is SS bow pulpit with a wooden platform and anchor system. Moving aft an opening hatch, roller furling for jib and inner stay. Decks surrounded by NEW lifelines and netting. Center cockpit has teak seating and floor.
Aft deck has solar panel and wind generator array, emergency tiller steering, dinghy davits. Gates to port, starboard and aft.
The main salon, galley and nav station are all finished in quality mahogany and plywood, with glossy finish. Custom inlay on dinette. Storage all around.
Full galley with the following:
- Refrigerator: Top loading, electric, 80l
- Stove: Force 10 gimballed, 3-burner propane stove with oven
- Double SS sink
- Manual and electric pressure fresh water
- Salt and fresh water manual pumps
- Generous storage throughout
- (2) Propane bottles, 25 lb.
- Full aft and to port is double berth/master cabin with opening hatch
- Quarter berth to starboard amidships
- Additional sleeping for 2 on either side of dinette and vee berth
- Mosquito covers for all ports.
- Sleeps total of 5
- Anchor #1: 55# Rocna with 200’ chain
- Anchor #2: 60# FOB with 20’ chain and 150’ line rode
- Anchor windlass: Quick 12vDC, 1000 watt
- Bow rollers: Double
- Ladders: Boarding and Swim, SS
- Bow Pulpit: SS
- Rail-mounted propane grill
- Dinghy davits: Manual
- Outboard motor lifting davit
- Lights: Deck, tricolor, spreader
- Saltwater washdown
- Cover and curtain: winter, dodger, bimini, cockpit awning (2019), cockpit cushions
- Dodger: Sunbrella with SS frame (2016)
- Lifelines: New! ¼” Dyneema and netting all around - 2020
- Deck material: steel
- Removeable cockpit table
- Gates: (3) Port, starboard and stern
- 2017 – Deck painted with Wasser epoxy (aggressive non skid)
- Rainwater collector
- Docklines and fenders
- Boat hooks (2)
- Hull re-painted in 2015 in Awlcraft red
Electronics and Helm
- VHF: Standard Horizon
- SSB: Kenwood TS 440 Tuner
- GPS: Raymarine RN300
- Auto Pilot: Raymarine EV-400 Sail Pilot (2017), tied in to hydraulic wheel steering
- Chart Plotter: Raymarine e5989 (2017)
- Radar: Furuno 1621, 16 nm range
- Depth Sounder: Seatalk DT 800 (2017)
- Knot Meter: ST800 (speed/temp)
- Compass: (1) Suunto D 116 Sail; (1) Handheld
- Batteries: House: (6) Full River AGM Grp 24, 2018; Engine start: (1)
- Battery Monitor: Sunforce (2019)
- Solar Panels: 4 x 55 watt Sunwize
- Solar charge controller: Sunforce (2019)
- Electrical system: 12vDC / 220vAC
- Inverter: 12v DC / 22vAC 400 watt
- Interior Lighting: 12vDC
- Alternator: 60 amp (engine)
- Mobitronic battery charger: Auto 12v / 220v
- Wind Generators: (2) Aerogen, 420 watt (2016)
- Cabin fans: (2) 12v, 1 each in Master and quarter berths
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment
- Volvo Penta MD 2040-BT
- Year: 2004
- Hp: 40
- Hours: 2224
- Fuel: Diesel
- Gallons/hour: .8 @1800 rpm
- Spares: rebuilt transmission, rebuilt hydraulic steering ram, engine water pumps, engine water impellers, engine oil and fuel filters.
- Propeller: 3-blade
- Bilge Pumps: (2) 1 auto, 1 manual
- Raw Water Sea Strainer
- Fire Extinguishing: (2) Handheld, Manual
- Fuel Filters: (2) Racor
- Steering: (1) Main – Hydraulic, Wheel; (1) Tiller – SS fixed with wooden extension
- Fuel shut off: (1) stove; (1) engine
- Transmission: Hurth ZF 12M, with spare
- Head Type: Manual (2017), Overboard with Y valve to holding tank
- Holding Tank: Manual, 26 gal
- Pressure fresh water in galley and head
- Heater: Diesel, Reflex 1400 kw
- Watermaker: 12vDC Power Survivor 1.3gph
- PYI Dripless shaft coupling (2019)
Sails and Rigging
Cruise equipped – all sails (except Drifter) from 2016, reported in Excellent condition
- Mainsail – 4 batten, 3 reefs, 260 sq. ft (2016). Lazyjacks.
- Genoa – 135%, 361 sq. ft. (2016)
- Staysail – approx. 200 sq. ft. (2016)
- Total sail area: 821 sq. ft.
- Primary Sailmaker: Thurston Quantum (2016)
- Mast: Sparcraft NG 60, Aluminum, deck stepped with compression post
- Standing Rigging: SS wire – last checked in 2019
- Mainsheet traveler
- Roller Furling: (2) Schaefer, Model 2100, Model 1100 – both from 2018
- Winches: (2) Lewmar 46; (2) Anderson 46 self tailing; (2) mast winches Barient 18
- All running rigging replaced 2019
Insulated steel hull. Keel serviced and welded to ensure proper ballast. Ballast reinforced with Bitumen.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.