This is an absolutely immaculate and well maintained example of the ever popular Albin 28 Tournament Express.
With the highly desirable and economical 315hp Yanmar engine and a striking Dark English Racing Green Awlgrip hull with Gold boot stripe, this boat will not last long. The Albin 28TE is well known for her great Downeast cruising design offering outstanding fuel economy and impressive sea keeping capabilities. Her large cockpit is well engineered for fish ability & live-ability. Cabin is very well appointed and offers the comfort of a much larger boat and will sleep four.
Her Bow Thruster makes it very easy to dock and maneuver in close quarters!
Call Dan Leather Cell
: Yanmar 6LP (315 hp 6 cylinder turbo-diesel) Installed used 2002 engine with approximately 1,000 hours in May 2019. York Road Marine installed this engine in the previous owners boat and did all service work since new. Completely went over this motor and swapped out the one year old turbo and two and a half year old alternator, seawater pump, oil cooler and descaled /painted all. Work order is available for details on all the work done on this $25,000 engine overhaul and replacement.
Because the original valve seals needed to be changed, the owners decided as long as the head needed to be removed that they would have the head rebuild and a valve job done while it was apart. The head has been sent to Masery Yanmar in St. Petersburg for a complete rebuild and valve job. This is an aprox. $5,000. job and should be completed at the end of Aug 2019.
Last Engine Service
May of 2019. Less than 5 hours on engine since last service.
• 2/2012- Prop computer balanced and new cutlass bearing
• 6/2013-New raw water engine thru hull
• 12/2015- New Generator installed, NextGen 3.5kw
• 1/2016- New alternator and belts, new Seawater pump, new exhaust elbow and dry stack, new oil cooler installed. All transferred to the replacement engine. new trimtab controller installed. Engine compartment cleaned and re-painted.
• 1/2017- New house battery bank (2-group 31 AGM batteries)
• 1/2017- New Hydraulic steering cylinder installed
• 8/2017- New starting battery bank (2-group 31 AGM batteries)
• 10/2017- 2 new trim tab pistons
• 11/2-17- New bimini top
In addition to a bimini that covers the full cockpit there is a drop curtain in back of the helm seats that closes of the pilot house in foul weather. In addition there is a cockpit cover that slopes from the end of the hard top to the outside of the transom to keep the bopat clean and dry while docked.
This boat has a Bow Thruster for ease of docking & maneuvering,