*** Hylas 46 Offshore Cruiser Fully Commissioned and Ready-to-Go***
Moondancer is a clean and capable example of the widely-renowned Hylas 46 offshore cruiser. Designed by German Frers and built in the famed Queen Long yard in Taiwan, Moondancer is the perfect combination of comfort and performance. Ideally suited for a cruising couple with private quarters for guests, her present owners have recently returned from more than six years of island hopping in the Caribbean, constantly maintaining and upgrading her to the highest standards along the way. Easily sailed from her fully-enclosed center cockpit, Moondancer assures comfort and security in all conditions.
RECENT UPGRADES INCLUDE:
- Northern Lights 6 kw diesel generator - New 2018
- Topsides painted with royal blue Awlgrip- 2018
- Bottom peeled and renewed including barrier coats - 2016 - repainted 2018
- Stainless steel custom arch with 200w solar panels and wind generator added in 2014
Ytterligare specifikationer, utrustning och information:
LÖA Längd över allt: 46 fot 3 tum
Bredd: 13 fot 9 tum
LWL: 39 fot 0 tum
Min. djupgång: 6 fot 6 tum
Deplacement: 27777 pund Torrlast
Ballast: 12345 pund
Höjd över vatten ytan: 63 fot 6 tum
Total effekt: 75 HP
Motor typ: Inombord
Propeller: 3-bladig propeller
Motorstyrka: 75 HP
Färskvattentankar: 1 Rostritt stål (134 Gallon)
Bränsletankar: 1 Rostritt stål (172 Gallon)
Septitankar: 2 Plast (27 Gallon)
Antal dubbelsängar: 2
Antal hytter: 2
Antal toaletter: 2
Layout and Accommodations
Moondancer's layout is the classic German Frers Hylas 46 2-cabin 2-head design. The master stateroom aft features a centerline larger-than-queen berth and an abundance of storage in teak lockers and cabinets. The ensuite master head includes an enclosed shower and is totally private.
The linear galley doubles as a passageway connecting the master stateroom and main salon.
The spacious main salon is light, airy and beautifully appointed with solid and laminated teak throughout, louvered locker doors and a lovely teak and holly sole.The large dinette to port has U-shaped seating for six and an inboard pull-out bench seat. A single sea berth is to starboard. The fully-equipped nav station is to port of the companionway.
Forward of the main salon are the guest quarters. There is a large double pullman berth to port with numerous storage lockers to starboard. The guest head with shower is forward in the forepeak which makes efficient use of space and affords complete privacy.
Deck and Hull
Queen Long is well known for building extremely sturdy hand-laid solid glass hulls - a key factor that sets Hylas apart for seaworthiness and safety. Other notable features include extra-wide decks carried aft of the center cockpit and a stepped transom with teak non-skid for safe and simple access to the water and tender.
Moondancer's additional features include:
- Custom stainless steel arch with davits, outboard lift, solar panels and wind generator
- (4) Cabin dorades with stainless steel guards
- Side stanchions and lifelines (lifelines replaced in 2009)
- Large split anchor/chain locker
- Fresh/salt water deck wash down system in bow locker
- Stainless steel/teak swim ladder
- Propane locker holding two tanks
- Sunbrella bimini - new 2017
- Sunbrella dodger with new Eisenglass - 2017
- Custom cockpit cushions - new 2014
- (4) Fenders with dark blue covers
Sails and Rigging
Moondancer's Hylas 46 rig is a ICW-friendly 63-ft mast with double furling headsails. All working lines are led aft to the center cockpit.
- Keel stepped Selden aluminum mast with Furlex in-mast furling
- Mack furling mainsail - new 2017
- Hood furling genoa (good condition) (UV cover replaced 2014)
- Hood Furling staysail (UV cover replaced 2014)
- Selden boom and vang
- 1 x 19 stainless steel wire standing rigging with Norseman fittings
- Schaeffer double turning blocks
- Inboard staysail track and genoa tracks inboard of shrouds
- 2 Lewmar #48 ST two speed secondary winches in cockpit (cutter)
- (2) Stainless steel winch handles
- 7 x 19 Stainless steel cable and Dacron running rigging with Pre-stretched internal halyards
- Harken mainsail traveler
- Selden spinnaker pole
- Running back stays with Lewmar blocks
- 2 Lewmar #54 ST electric primaries in cockpit (headsail)
- 1 Lewmar #44 ST two speed mainsheet winch
- 2 Lewmar #44 winch on mast
- 1 Lewmar #44 winch for outhaul and boom vang
Electronics and Navigation
- Garmin multi-function chart plotter w/ radar overlay and scanner on arch
- Raymarine ST 6002 and X 30 autopilot located at helm with hydraulic ram
- Raymarine ST60+ Wind, Depth, and Speed (three separate units) indicators located in cockpit above companion way. New July 2011
- Raymarine Graphic ST60+ located at nav station. New July 2011
- Standard Horizon GX 2200 VHF radio with RAM at binnacle- New 2018
- Siitech AIS transceiver with antenna on mast
- ICOM M710 SSB radio (requires service)
- Clarion stereo with speakers in salon and aft cabin
- 1 WEMA and 1 Tanktender tank monitors at navigation station
- Ritchie compass at helm
- Standard Horizon handheld VHF
- Pactor modem
- RogueWave WIFI extender
- (2) Flat screen TVs / DVD - in main salon and master stateroom
A key and highly-desirable feature of the Hylas 46 is the remarkably easy and convenient access to the main engine and systems. The lower half of the companionway ladder hinges out with a single latch allowing unrestricted access to the front of the engine. Twin/switchable Racor fuel filters are mounted on the inside of the hinged panel for simple access and maintenance. Hinged panels to port and starboard provide equal access from both sides.
Moondancer is powered by a Yanmar 4JH3-TE 76 HP turbocharged diesel.
- Very low engine hours: 3615 - June 2019
- Engine alarms at nav station and cockpit
- Tachometer, oil pressure and temperature gauges at helm
- Fresh water cooling
- Walbro 6802 electric fuel pump downstream of racor filter with divert to tank
- Oil change pump for engine and generator
- Oil and filter changed every 150 hrs
- Emergency stop
- Direct Drive
- Gory folding propeller - new 2017
- Dripless shaft seal - new 2017
Galley and Water Systems
- Separate 12 volt top and side opening fridge and freezer cooled by separate 3/4 hp compressors. The fridge has 1 cold plate and the freezer has 2 cold plates.
- Hot water provided to galley, heads and swim shower from water heater and tank of 6 gallons (located above generator)
- Force 10 propane 3 burner stove with oven
- Microwave oven.
- Cutlery, dinnerware, pots, pans and utensils.
- Pressurized fresh water system
- New faucets - Moen in galley, Grohe in heads
- Foot pumps for both fresh and sea water (located on galley floor by sink) delivers water to a pipe next to the mixer tap
- 12 Volt dual fresh water pumps with separate breakers
- Spectra RAV 2000 6.5GPH water maker - New 2018 - located aft in locker below bed
- Propane solenoid shutoff with alarm
- (2) New Dometic electric heads - 2018
- Splendide clothes washer/dryer located under forward berth
- 12 volt DC, 110 volt AC
- Northern Lights 6kw generator - new 2018 - fewer than 250 hours
- Balmar 95-210 alternator (with double belts and (2) sheaves) with Balmar MC613H (new October 2011) regulator to house batteries easy access behind companion way stairs that fold open
- (4) DECA 8D AGM house batteries - new 2016 - All batteries belted and strapped
- Link 20 and Link 10 battery monitors in navigation station
Prosine 2.5 KW inverter with 100 amp charger (charger for house batteries only) located under forward bed
- Silentwind - 420w wind generator mounted on arch with controller
- 2 100w solar panels mounted on arch
- Galvanic isolator
- 120 lifeline GM deluxe Marinetics circuit breaker panel at navigation station
- 125/250 Volt, 50 amp (4) wire shore power cord and adaptors with connectors
(7) 12 Volt fans - (1) in forward cabin, (3) in salon, (1) in galley, (2) in aft cabin
- SSB ground plate and copper grounding system
- Rheostat for 12 volt lights in salon
- 60 lb Mason Supreme anchor with 250 ft of 3/8" G4 chain
- 66 lb Bruce anchor with 250 ft of nylon rode and 50 ft of chain
- 12 Volt, Maxwell VWC220 anchor windlass with deck and cockpit controls (2001) Breaker in fwd cabin
- (2) Stainless bow anchor rollers
- Viking 4-Person Liferaft in canister mounted on stern rail - needs recertification
- Jacklines, harnesses and tethers
- Emergency tiller
- Inflatable life jackets (6)
- West Marine Binoculars
With so many cruising boats on the market advertised as turn-key and ready-to-go, Moondancer is among the few that could take her new owners on an island cruise immediately. She is fully operational and equipped and, with very low hours on her engine, she has many years of sailing ahead. Among Moondancer's appealing features is her classic Hylas "sugar scoop" transom and custom stainless steel arch that make access to a tender and re-boarding a simple matter.
Belowdecks, Moondancer is light and welcoming and the beauty of her teak joinery imparts a luxurious sense of quality throughout. Her center cockpit design famously gives her private master stateroom aft plenty of headroom on all sides of the extra-large centerline berth.
Simply put, if you appreciate quality, and you are a looking for a truly ready-to-go blue water cruiser, Moondancer is the right boat for you.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.