1997 Bestevaer 60C
- Se alla specifikationer
- Enkel / diesel
- Belägen i:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Nuvarande pris:
- £ 350.000 Skatt/moms ej betald (SEK 4.355.106)
An extraordinary go absolutely anywhere yacht. This Bestevaer 60C is the weapon of choice for adventurers the world over. Robustly built in Holland for cold-water work, with close framing, 5 watertight bulkheads, double bottom, hydraulic centreboard and daggerboards. Her carbon fibre Aero Rigs provide exceptional momentum. She has proven herself to be perfect for serious bluewater and her unique design from Dykstra is full of fantastic detail and she is offered for sale in ready to sail condition.
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Ytterligare specifikationer, utrustning och information:
Tillverkare: Damstra, Holland
Designer: Dykstra, Holland
LÖA Längd över allt: 60 fot 0 tum
Bredd: 13 fot 12 tum
Min. djupgång: 5 fot 7 tum
Max. djupgång: 9 fot 10 tum
Deplacement: 24947 kg
Ballast: 7711 kg
Total effekt: 135 HP
Motortyp: Sabre M135
Motor typ: Inombord
Motorstyrka: 135 HP
Antal singelbäddar: 6
Antal hytter: 3
Antal toaletter: 1
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Canoe underbody with central hydraulic aluminum centerboard (with 1 ton lead weight).
- All aluminum construction, strongly built: ALMG 1.5-116, 40 mm in bow stem area, 20 mm plating at keel stem base, 10 mm keel sides, 8 mm topsides, 6 mm deck plating.
- Closely spaced framing for extra strength.
- Double bottom for much of the yacht’s length (fuel, water, gray water, and ballast tanks).
- 5 separate watertight compartments (aft storage areas, engine room, main living quarters, tool room, forepeak).
- In 2008, NOVARA was Awlgripped by Wayfarer Marine in Camden, ME, from the waterline up, including her decks, pilothouse, cockpit surfaces and spars.
Keel & Rudder:
- Aluminum keel with prop in aperture and two "ice deflectors", full skeg protected rudder.
- There are 2 manually operated daggerboards (wood/epoxy coated glass) in the port and starboard aft quarters for additional stability in downwind conditions.
- Internal lead ballast, with a 31% ratio. This is increased to an overall 39% ballast ratio Including full fuel and water tanks, which are low in the bilge.
- Hydraulically operated Centerboard.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Perkins Sabre 135 hp diesel engine (Totally rebuilt in March 2014).
- Hurth transmission (transmission, flex and thrust bearings renewed in 2018).
- Aquaseal stern gland (renewed in 2018).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Novara has been continuously upgraded and maintained throughout her life.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Adjustable pitch hydraulic propeller, from West Mekan.
- Vetus bow thruster (motor renewed 2019).
- Whitlock “Mamba 10” mechanical steering.
- The electrics were updated at the famed Brooklin Boat Yard in Maine.
- The yacht has a high quality Mastervolt system, set up for 220 volts/ 50 cycles.
- The main 220 volt distribution panel is behind a door in the forward part of the master cabin.
- The 24 volt distribution is on the forward bulkhead of the starboard cockpit locker.
- Additional 12/24 volt distribution is controlled from a panel in the saloon, along with the charging system and the generator.
- 450 amp hour / 24 volt house battery bank (new 2017).
- 175 amp hour / 24 volt engine start battery bank (new 2017).
- Emergency switch control to combine both battery banks.
- Two Mastervolt automatic three-step battery chargers (one renewed in 2016).
- 70 amp alternator for engine start batteries (new 2014).
- 110 amp alternator for house bank (new 2014).
- Westerbeke/Mastervolt 5.7 kw generator (new 2019).
- The shore power system can been converted over to American 120 volts by using the supplied jumper settings on the isolation transformer.
- There is a shore power connection on both bow and stern.
- Shore power isolation transformer (new 2018).
- Mastervolt 2500 watt inverter (new 2019).
- Isolators for winches/windlasses, engine start and house bank batteries.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- A high capacity Jabsco pump provides filtered fresh water supply to the galley and head with an additional filter fitted to the fresh water drinking spigot.
- Water is heated by the diesel powered Kabola furnace that also heats the 6 domestic radiators.
- Water is also heated by the Westerbeke generator cooling system.
- Watermaker – SRC 1,800 gph (2014).
- A central manifold links both gray water tanks and all 5 water tight compartments to a 220 volt, 1 ½ inch diameter, high capacity bilge pump.
- Each of the five bilges also has either an electric Whale pump or a Whale hand pump as back up.
- Total capacity of 1,950 litres (510 US gallons).
- Total capacity of 1,500 litres (400 US gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total greywater capacity of 500 litres (135 US gallons).
- Total blackwater capacity of 110 litres (30 US gallons).
- Most electronics have been updated in this ownership.
- Raymarine C125 Chartplotter at the internal nav station (2014).
- Raymarine C125 Chartplotter on the cockpit pedestal (2014).
- Raymarine Digital HD colour radar (2014).
- Raymarine Autopilot and Course Compass (2015).
- Raymarine P70 autopilot control heads at nav station and repeater on the cockpit pedestal (2015/2019).
- Raymarine I70 Multifunction display at nav station and repeater on the cockpit pedestal (2015).
- Raymarine Tri-data thru hull for depth/speed/temp (2019).
- Raymarine AIS (2014).
- Raymarine G300 GPS.
- Navtex receiver.
- Iridium Pilot satellite communications system for voice and data (2015).
- Icom VHF radio.
- It has a large well-insulated icebox and separate freezer box chilled by 2 24 volt compressors that run 2 separate cold plate systems (both compressors were renewed in 2019).
- There is also a small Frigobot+ refrigerator located on the galvanized.
- There is a gimbaled stainless propane stove with 4 surface burners and oven and grill.
- The counters are all marble with 3 Alpes brand stainless steel sinks with faucets for salt water, filtered drinking water and regular water.
- Cabinets and drawer space are abundant.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Kabola diesel fired heating system with 8 domestic radiators plus hot water system.
- Navigation lights, Hella LED low-wattage navigation and anchor lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- NOVARA sleeps owner and guests in three sleeping areas consisting of two private staterooms, both with large double berths and two additional single upper and lower berths in the forward passageway.
- There is a large comfortable raised salon with nav area, a large very well-equipped galley and a single head with shower stall amidships.
- The vessel was custom designed and built for serious blue water cruising.
- Her insulated hull, thermopane insulated deckhouse windows and diesel fired central heating with circulating hot water radiators provide comfortable below deck accommodation when the weather is cool.
- She provides equally good natural ventilation for below decks comfort in warmer latitudes by way of multiple companionways, Goiot deck hatches and dorade vents.
- The interior finish consists of painted Yacht White bulkheads, complimented by beautifully detailed varnished mahogany locker fronts, joinery and trim creating a light and bright interior.
- The cabin sole is a darker African Bugimba hardwood with varnished mahogany margins.
- Overhead are Goiot hatches, each with its own internal roll-up/roll-out spring-loaded Skyscreen screen/sunshades.
- There are numerous opening port lights, each with its own integral satin finished inside hinged aluminum storm shudder to block out light and provide heavy weather security.
- There are numerous stainless bulkhead directional lights and overhead stainless lights.
- There is abundant natural light and ventilation, as well as tasteful lamp lighting throughout the vessel.
- The Architect NBA Gerard Dijkstra-Amsterdam-Holland, who designed this very purposeful vessel, is the architect who refit/coordinated the rebuild on the J-class boats Endeavor, Adix, Adela and Shamrock, as well as the super-sailing-yacht Maltese Falcon.
- He also designed the newest Dutch Tallship “Stad Amsterdam,” the Besteavar series 50’ to 110’ and hundreds of one-off conventional sloops, Aerorig sloops and schooners.
- Under her second ownership, NOVARA’s interior was completely refinished/rebuilt, her galley updated.
Description of layout from forwards:
- The forepeak is accessed by a large aluminum deck hatch and provides substantial storage for anchor chains, rode, dock lines, fenders, 2 dinghy outboard engines and assorted deck gear in a completely water tight compartment.
- The workshop/Scuba room just aft of the forepeak, accessed from the companionway forward of the master stateroom, as well as through a large deck hatch, is a full-width workshop and scuba room with abundant storage and counter space.
- This space also includes a scuba air compressor, tank storage, wet suit and equipment storage and space for a washing machine.
- This area also functions as a second watertight compartment, with a watertight passageway door as its access.
- The master stateroom is aft of the workshop near midships and off to starboard with the forward passageway off to port.
- There is a fore/aft facing queen berth, hanging locker, mahogany bookcase and abundant storage lockers and bureau drawers.
- This is a comfortable and spacious stateroom.
- Two guest berths on the port side in an over/under singles configuration, just outboard of the passageway, are ideally suited for offshore passage making.
- All berths are equipped with lee cloths for use in a seaway.
- The spacious central head, in a comfortable position amidships to port, contains a separate large circular shower stall.
- The head has good storage and excellent natural light and ventilation.
- It opens onto the common ship’s passageway and is easily accessed by all on board.
- The guest stateroom is off the passageway, across from the starboard galley and just aft of the centrally located head.
- Guest quarters have a generous queen size quarter berth, abundant storage space and a hanging locker.
- The galley is starboard amidships.
- In the raised Saloon there is a large L-shaped settee and table to port of the companionway.
- There are built-in flush mount electronics.
- Visibility is 360° through large thermopane safety glass port lights on all sides.
- At the nav station and inboard of the dining table, there are counter-style stools for additional seating.
- The saloon table has a beautifully varnished burl veneer surface.
- The Navigation & Pilot Station is at the forward portside end of the raised salon and is set up for comfortable watch keeping, navigation management, radio usage and computer usage.
- The windows are double-glazed thermopane and built to withstand heavy, breaking seas.
- All the way aft is the cockpit.
- NOVARA is an Aerorig schooner with her all carbon fibre masts and booms built by Carbospars of South Hampton, England.
- This balanced rig concept has been known to sailors for thousands of years and with the use of modern high strength, lightweight materials, unstayed rigs have become a practical proposition.
- The designers and builders of these rigs have gone on to build the huge DynaRigs seen on “The Maltese Falcon” and “Black Pearl” the largest free standing rigs in the world.
- The self rotating carbon fiber rig is easily handled, with the sail plan divided on each mast between mainsail, self tacking furling blade jibs left fully rigged and storm trysail all permanently rigged on their own independent tracks for when conditions get lively.
- The highly efficient full-batten, highly-roached sails mainsails, were designed with the personal assistance of both Robbie Doyle and Gerard Dijkstra.
- These sails, with their substantial additional area, have dramatically improved the yacht’s light air performance and with three reefs in each mainsail there is a great deal of flexibility in matching sail area to current wind and sea conditions.
- Lazy jacks and zippered covers make stowing these sails an easy task (new 2018).
- This is an under-used rig and has much to commend it to the short-handed cruising sailor, particularly so in extreme conditions when the sheets can be eased or let go to instantly de-power the yacht with the masts and booms by simply weather-cocking to windward.
- This same technique avoids the need to go to windward to hoist, lower or reef the sails.
- Two Lewmar 55 electric winches in the cockpit, one Lewmar 35 electric winch and one Lewmar 35 manual winch located on the fwd boom.
- The large, roached mainsails were designed in collaboration by Robbie Doyle and Gerry Dykstra to provide excellent performance on all points of sail. Fully battened, each with three reefs they give great flexibility and were cleaned, serviced and the reefing points strengthened in December 2018.
- The two close cut blade jibs were renewed by North sails in January 2018.
- The wheel faces a binnacle with a GPS/chartplotter/radar, as well as an autopilot, sailing instruments, depth sounder, centre board, propeller controls and bow thruster controls.
- The cockpit has comfortably high coamings for security at sea.
- The pilothouse and cockpit complement one another nicely.
- There is a varnished teak dropleaf wood cockpit table for dining.
- In-built, electric Dive Compressor.
- 4 dive tanks.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 1 x 45 kg CQR with 85 metres of 12 mm stainless steel chain fed into an individual chain locker and operated by a Muir SS windlass with Capstan.
- 1 x 45 kg Bruce with 55 metres of 12 mm chain and 100 metres of 20mm anchor rode and operated by a Muir SS windlass.
- 1 x 25 kg kedge anchor with 50 metres of 10mm galvanized chain and operated by a Muir windlass on the stern.
- 2 x 100 metre x 25 mm polypropylene shore lines on reels forward of the foremast.
- 2 x 80 metre x 25 mm polypropylene shore lines in stowage bags at the stern.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit sole and seats are finished in teak, which is comfortable even in hot sun, and there are cockpit cushions.
- The cockpit is permanently covered by a sun awning.
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon 11ft 6in GRP inflatable rib with 8 HP Yamaha 2 stroke outboard (old and battle scarred but still serviceable).
- Defender 14ft aluminium deck, roll-up inflatable with 20 HP Honda 4 stroke outboard (new 2014).
- EPIRB (2014).
- Ocean 8-person life raft (2014) (requires service).
- 2 horseshoe life rings.
- MOB retrieval ladder.
- MOB throwing line.
- Bespoke JORDAN SERIES DROGUE (2016).
- 6 x Powder extinguishers fitted in the workshop ( 2) , midships cabin, aft cabin, galley, saloon and stbd locker.
- Fire blanket in galley.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.