“Sally Jo” is a very lightly used, two owner Tartan 3800 with a beautiful all teak wood interior. Original owner commissioned her with conveniences for shorthanded sailing. She is the essence of a performance cruiser – fast, stable and sea kindly she turns heads wherever she goes with her classic Tartan styling!
Contact RCR listing broker, Dave Regnet 419-202-0201-Cell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Hull is hand-laminated w/ alternating layers of strand mat & uni-directional "E" glass locally reinforced.
· Hull is partially cored w/ Baltek end-grain balsa core w/ solid fiberglass at all thruhull, chainplate & keel installations.
· Hull gelcoat backup layer is laminated & chemically bonded using a 4mm barrier coat of vinylester anti-corrosive resin for blister resistance.
· Bulkheads & floor timbers are directly taped to the hull skin while in the mold.
· Built to ABS Plan Certification.
· Deck is a hand-laminated sandwich composite of polyester resin, uni-directional "E" glass & end-grain balsa coring.
· All deck hardware installation points are solid fiberglass backed w/ 1/4" aluminum plate or fiberglass backing plates.
· The deck is joined to the hull using 5200 sealant & stainless steel fasteners that are drilled & tapped into aluminum backing plates molded into the hull flange.
· The "Beavertail" lead cruising fin keel is thru-bolted to the keel stub w/ stainless steel bolts.
· The balanced-spade elliptical rudder blade is foam-cored w/ uni-directional fiberglass skins; 3.5" oversized 304 stainless steel rudder post.
· 304 stainless steel strap chainplates are bolted to the deck & to an all-fiberglass integral-molded pod, which is grounded to the keel.
· Lexan sliding companionway hatch w/ a fiberglass spray hood & solid teak hatch boards.
· Original construction included UL-approved, stranded, tinned copper ABYC-color coded wiring throughout.
· Stateroom forward w/ large double berth with custom made Memory Foam cushions & storage under; small settee & vanity sink to starboard; large cedar-lined hanging locker to port; large Lewmar overhead hatch plus (1) stainless steel opening port either side (w/ PortVisor rain shields); access to chain locker forward; all cabinet doors are louvered for ventilation.
· Salon amidships w/ straight settee/berth to port & large U-shape convertible settee to starboard; double drop-leaf table w/ storage compartment on centerline; generous storage above & behind the settees; large Lewmar overhead hatch plus (2) dorade ventilators & (4) stainless steel opening ports in this area; cabinet doors are louvered for ventilation. Wall mounted flat screen TV with DVD.
· Next aft is the nav station to port & galley to starboard; large forward-facing nav desk w/ storage under; electrical panel outboard & cabinetry for flush-mounted instruments; galley w/ gimballed stove outboard, double stainless steel sinks on centerline, large divided ice box (top & front-loading), pull-out trash bin & generous storage outboard & below; (2) dorade ventilators in this area & (1) stainless steel opening port either side.
· Aftmost is the companionway on centerline, w/ head compartment to port & private stateroom to starboard; good access to engine under the companionway stairs & through large panels on both sides; head compartment includes a manual marine toilet, vanity sink, shower area, bin for foul-weather gear, generous storage, overhead hatch & (1) opening port; the aft stateroom includes a large double berth, cedar-lined hanging locker outboard, additional storage outboard & under the berth, overhead hatch, (1) stainless steel opening port outboard, plus (2) additional opening ports in the cockpit well inboard.
· Teak & holly cabin sole throughout; 6' 5" headroom on the centerline; cabinetry & trim in hand-rubbed teak; teak handrails either side in salon; overhead liner has teak accent battens & strategically-placed access panels
· 48HP freshwater-cooled Yanmar turbo diesel engine w/ approximately 632 operating hours
· Engine control panel in cockpit w/ tachometer & alarms
· RACOR primary fuel filter
· Built in oil change system with pump
· Quick change / easy access impeller cover
· 12V DC & 110V AC systems w/ distribution panel outboard of the nav station. Hinged panel includes circuit breakers w/ volt & amp meters.
· Batteries include: (3) Trojan Group 24 w/ smart charger system (2017)
· Shore power system w/ 50' 30amp shore cord
· Stainless steel bow & stern pulpits w/ boarding ladder at the stern.
· Stainless steel stanchions w/ 24" double lifelines & boarding gates port & starboard.
· Sturdy teak toerail bow to stern refinished in 2015 w/ built-in stainless steel bow mooring chocks w/ rollers, plus (2) stainless steel mooring cleats at the bow, (2) amidships & (2) at the stern.
· Fiberglass decks w/ non-skid areas in contrasting color.
· Reverse transom has a moulded-in swim platform w/ teak-padded steps & extra deep stainless steel boarding ladder.
· Teak handrails on the cabintop.
· (4) dorade ventilators w/ chromed cowls & stainless steel guards; (4) Lewmar aluminum overhead hatches; (12) Hood stainless steel opening ports.
· Molded foredeck anchor windlass locker w/ overboard drain & access from the forward stateroom to the chain storage.
· North fully-battened dacron mainsail w/ two sets of reef points for jiffy/slab reefing (2010); North dacron furling genoa w/ UV protector (2012); Profurl headsail furling system w/ control line led aft to the cockpit; 3/4 oz. cruising Gennaker w/ snuffer · Sloop-rigged, keel-stepped, LPU-painted aluminum spar system.
· Double-spreader, tapered mast has the Harken BattCar system for the mainsail luff.
· Boom has internal outhaul, topping lift & set up for two reefs (single-line for first reef & dual-line for second reef, all lines led aft to the cockpit).
· Solid boom vang w/ control line led aft to the cockpit
· 1 x 19 stainless steel wire standing rigging w/ turnbuckles, including a baby stay; running rigging is low-stretch braided dacron w/ internal main, genoa & spinnaker halyards led aft to the cockpit.
Dock Box and contents, spare dock lines, cleaning supplies and equipment, etc.
Fortress Anchor, Chain & Rode
Dock Lines & Fenders
Dodger, Connecter Canvas and Bimini
Spinnaker & Jib (2) Halyards
Propane Tank – ¾ full
Refrigeration unit less condenser
Life Jackets (8)
US Flag and Staff
Accessory Bag (Mounts in cockpit)
Sail Repair Kit
First Aid Kit
Assorted Spare Parts
Flat Screen TV