"Turtle" is a very well-designed and stoutly constructed sailboat, designed and built for unlimited offshore cruising. The design features the integral cruising fin keel / skeg rudder under-body that has proven to be extremely popular with offshore cruisers. "Turtle's" owners have sailed to the Caribbean and back and were very happy with the boats offshore abilities and general comfort when on anchor. Over the last 6 years many of the most important and expensive pieces of gear has been replaced and upgraded. "Turtle" has been carefully set up and intelligently equipped for coastal as well as inland NW cruising which is borne out by the list on additional information.
Please contact Matt Rutherford at 443-254-3909 for a showing.
Builder: Caliber Yachts Designer: Michael McCreary
LOA: 41.92 feet
LWL: 32.5 feet
Beam: 12.67 feet
Displacement: 21600 pound Bridge Clearance: 56.5 feet Ballast: 9500 pound
Cruising Speed: 7 knots / Max Speed: 9 knots
Starting forward there is a large head with a stall shower to port, a counter with storage cabinet above wrapping around to starboard with a mirror above and a sink below. Further along the starboard side is the manual marine toilet.
Immediately aft of the forward head is the owner's stateroom. There is a large rectangular (6'4" x 4'4") pullman style (side entry) double berth to port, with storage below. On the starboard side is a large cedar lined hanging locker and dressing table with a hinged top with a swing out seat below and a cabinet with a mirrored door above it.
Next aft is the main saloon with a straight long (6') settee to starboard and an L-shaped (6'2" long) settee to port which can be converted to a double berth. There is ample storage behind and under both settees as well as shelf storage above each. The dining table is stored folded up against teak veneer bulkhead between the main saloon and owner's stateroom. The table folds down for use revealing substantial shelf storage behind it. There is a leaf hinged to the center of the table so that when the leaf is open the table spans the cabin.
Aft to port of the L-shaped settee is the L shaped galley, with a stainless steel double sink facing forward, a counter top, double hatch top loading (22 gallon), refrigerated ice box, and a 2 burner Force 10 propane stove & oven. There are storage cabinets along the port side above the counter and a vertical row of 5 drawers to the left of the sinks, below the counter top for storing cutlery, silverware, etc.
Further aft of the galley to port is the nav station with the AC and DC electrical panel. Just behind and above the navigator's seat is an opening port for easy communication with the cockpit. The seat for the navigator has storage below it. The nav. desk has a large hinged top for map storage below.
Directly across from the galley on the port side is the second head which is conveniently located adjacent to the main companionway steps. This head has a sink with a pull out shower and a marine toilet. There is a door into the main saloon and another door directly to the aft cabin, for guest privacy.
Farther aft on the starboard side is the entrance to the aft/guest cabin which has a cedar lined hanging locker, an opening port to the cockpit foot well, for air and light, and a private entrance to the aft head.
Propeller Type: 3 blade propeller
Transmission: Direct Drive
Power: 50.0 HP
• 16,000 BTU reverse cycle heat/ air conditioner
• Yanmar 4JH5E - 2013
• New cutlass bearing - 2017
• 4 blade feathering Variprop
• New PSS dripless shaft seal - 2019
• New Mack cruising sails, furling main & 110% Genoa - 2016
• Spare main and 135% genoa
• New US Spars in mast furling mainsail mechanism - 2015
• Rebuilt in-mast mainsail furler (upper unit) - 2019
• New batteries: 5 x 120 Ah (4 house + 1 start) - 2019
• Raymarine EQ90 chartplotter/radar, multifunction display - 2015
• Raymarine AIS - 2015
• Raymarine Evolution 400 below deck autopilot - 2015
• Raymarine ST60 instruments for wind, depth, log & speed - 2015
• Icom 504 VHF Marine radio w/ remote mic in cockpit - 2016
• Mast top VHF antenna & antenna wire - 2016
• Digital Yacht 4g Connect Pro 2g/3g/4g Dual Antenna- 2019
• Rogue Wave WiFi Booster - 2019
• Icom 8032Single sideband marine radio w/ AT 140 antenna tuner - 2016
• Two Kyocera 140 watt solar panels
• Victron Energy Blue Solar MPPT charge controller - 2019
• Victron Energy battery monitor with iPhone app - 2019
• Rocna 44# anchor with 125ft of 5/16 chain and 100 of rode
• Delta 40# anchor with 25 of 5/16 chain and 200 of rode
• Fortress Guardian anchor ? not assembled
• Maxwell electric windlass with wireless remote
• New lifelines - 2017
• New bilge pump and switch at nav. Station - 2019
• New dodger - 2016
• Jabsco Quiet Flush electric Toilet - 2018
• Jabsco 12v Electric Conversion Kit - 2018
• All head hoses replaced - 2018
• Jabsco 4 GpM Water Pump - 2019
• SeaFlo Accumulator Tank - 2019
• Dinghy davits
• AB Lamina aluminum bottom dinghy - 2015
• 5hp Nissan outboard motor, lightly used, excellent condition
• Custom made Glebe Creek companionway doors - 2016
• LED mast top tricolor & anchor light - 2016
• Hella bi-color bow navigation light -2016
• Force 10 two burner stove/ oven - 2016
• Sony marine am/fm/stereo and AudioEngine speakers - 2016
• 4 Carafamo cabin fans - 2016
• All overhead hatches rebedded in 2016 and large hatch in main saloon and forward stateroom replaced in 2016
• Winslow 4 person emergency life raft in a valise - recertified Feb. 2017
• LED cabin lights throughout.
• Weems & Plath Brass lamps converted to 12V LED w/dimmers. 2019
• Boss 400 watt waterproof cockpit speakers (pair) 2019
• Misc. dock lines, fenders, etc.