Beautifully built Doug Peterson Baltic Yacht launched in 1987. An iconic design and capable of everything from crossing oceans to sailing around the cans. Few are built better.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Perhaps one of the most iconic Baltic Yachts of all time. Unmistakably a Baltic and with a style and presence that has continued through today and the very latest carbon creations producing by this prestigious Finnish custom yacht builder.
Adhering to the philosophy of ‘built the best possible sailing yacht, combing safe, easy handling performance cruising with high performance racing’, the Doug Peterson designed Baltic 48DP is a light to medium displacement design that blends superior performance with comfortable cruising characteristics. Baltic's emphasis on leading edge technology combined with the finest world reknown Finnish craftsman resulted in the 48DP as the standard bearer for a new generation of elegant performance ocean passage makers.
ALDABRA was custom designed and originally built for an Italian owner keen to enjoy serious racing, but at the same time to be able to cruise in real comfort. She benefits from a custom forward cabin arrangement with twin bunk cabins plus a further forepeak cabin with pipecots.
Please Note: More new photos to follow.
- Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Balsa core fibreglass sandwich construction to the highest specification using fibreglass mat, unidirectional roving and mat/roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
- All high stress areas are especially strengthened with unidirectional roving and fabmat around a low density core. There are limber holes in the floors to allow drainage to sump.
- Structural bulkheads are marine grade plywood laminated to the hull.
- White topsides finish
- Deck - Hand laid up moulded fibreglass with balsa core stiffening, insulation and reinforcement incorporated in the way of deck fittings and winches.
- The deck is through bolted to the hull.
- Teak laid decking to the side decks, cockpit seating and cockpit sole – replaced 2001 with further replacement of caulking in 2007
Keel & Rudder:
- An external fin keel, cast to high accuracy in lead with added antimony, is bolted to the hull with cast in stainless steel keel bolts.
- The rudder is a cantilevered balanced spade moulded from fibreglass using unidirectional rovings orientated in the direction of stress. The rudder blade is filled with a high density PVC-foam to spread loads evenly. The rudder forces are transmitted to the shaft via an internal aluminium alloy framework.
- The rudder stock is high strength seawater resistant aluminium alloy passing through Robalon bearings and a stuffing box which is strongly bonded to the hull. The bearings are lubrication free.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo MD-31A 62hp diesel engine – comprehensively overhauled 2006
- Freshwater cooled engine – cooling system replaced 2006
- Saildrive gearbox
- Single lever engine control.
- Approx 2,500hrs on engine following complete revision
Propulsion & Steering:
- Max Prop 2-bladed folding propeller
- Wheel steering with a ‘Destroyer’ type stainless steel wheel
- 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power
- 12vDC engine start batteries
- 12vDC service batteries joined in series and parallel to supply 24vDC
- Victron 60amp 24vDC battery charger
- 12vDC engine-mounted alternator
- 24vDC engine-mounted alternator – replaced 2010
- Shore power connection with 220v sockets
- Victron isolation transformer - 2016
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
- 12vDC automatic electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Approx 170 litre fuel capacity in stainless steel tank
- Approx 500 litres water capacity in 3x stainless steel tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine GPS chart plotter in cockpit – recently replaced
- Autohelm ST6000 autopilot
- Raymarine instruments including wind, speed and depth transducers
- Steering compass at helm
- Alpes Inox gas stove with oven and 3x burners
- 2x manual marine heads
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
- Stereo with 4x speakers in saloon and 2x speakers in cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 9 berths in owner’s double cabin aft, two twin bunk cabins forward, forepeak cabin and occasional settee berth in saloon. Two heads.
- All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. Satin varnish finish, all doors provided with retaining swing stops
- Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided
- Teak gratings in head
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer with holly inlay
- Access to bilge at appropriate points
- Soft lining panels to deck head
- Saloon upholstery replaced 2008
Accommodation From Forward:
- Large forepeak with folding pipecot berths.
- Heads compartment with double door access.
- Port bunk cabin with upper and lower berths and hanging locker.
- Starboard bunk cabin with upper and lower berths, hanging locker and storage area.
- Saloon area with wrap-around settee and lowering table.
- Ample sized navigation table with bulkhead for electronic instrumentation and master electric panel.
- Galley with 3-burner stove and oven. Remote solenoid valve for gas shut off.
- Owner’s cabin aft with centreline queen-sized double berth, twin hanging lockers and twin settees
- Ensuite heads.
- 3 spreader masthead rig
- Keel-stepped mast
- Black-anodised spars
- Harken mainsail track and battencar system
- Rod rigging – checked annually
- Reckmann manual genoa furler
- Navtec hydraulic adjustment for backstay and vang with control panel – overhauled 2015
- Spinnaker pole with associated equipment
- Complete equipment for staysail
- 2x Lewmar 2-speed self-tailing electric primary winches
- 6x Lewmar self-tailing service winches
- Sobstad Genesis Kevlar racing mainsail
- Sobstad Dacron cruising mainsail with three reefs
- Sobstad Genesis Kevlar No.1 racing genoa
- Sobstad Genesis Kevlar No.2 racing genoa
- Sobstad Genesis Kevlar No.3 racing genoa
- Sobstad Dacron cruising staysail
- 0.75oz spinnaker with snuffer
- Double stainless lifelines with side boarding gates
- Cockpit table
- Hull-side swimming ladder
- Hot & cold shower on deck
Covers & Canvas:
- Biminis for forward and aft cockpit
- Full winter cover
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lofrans Leopard 1,700w electric anchor windlass with cockpit control - 2020
- Rocna 33kgs anchor with 75m 10mm chain - 2014
- Fenders & warps
Tender & Outboard:
- Seatec 2.70m hard-bottomed inflatable tender - 2020
- Yamaha 8hp outboard
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- Avon 6-person liferaft
- 6x life jackets
- Fire extinguishers