The Islander 48C was built with long distance passage making in mind offering both performance, and comfort for her crew. Designed by Ted Brewer, his artistry gives her the graceful and efficient lines for a medium displacement boat. Her hull sections maximize speed, stiffness and dryness without sacrificing interior space. "Pacem" is one of only three (3) Islander 48Cs that were built from 1982 to 1985 and she has had only two (2) owners. Her first owner day sailed her out of Newport Beach California and kept her berthed on a dock at his home. In March of 2007 she journeyed North to the San Francisco Bay.
This boat has been stunningly well equipped for passage making and lovingly maintained. The current owner has undertaken extensive upgrades in preparation for the 2016 Pacific Cup including
- new electric heads
- new sails and lazy jack system
- hot water heater
- Force 10 four burner stove
- upholstery and woodworking
- replacement of virtually all running rigging
- all new engine and power systems
- new bow thruster
- completely retrofitted mast and boom - paint and rigging
- new anti-fouling bottom job
- new electronics, including VHF-AIS and custom antenna
- new battery bank and related systems
- Shurflo 4.0 smart sensor potable water pump
This boat is absolutely loaded with state of the art passage making features and systems, and every creature comfort imaginable. The perfect boat to make those cruising dreams come true.
Ytterligare specifikationer, utrustning och information:
Tillverkare: Islander Yachts
Designer: Ted Brewer
Registrerad i: USA
LÖA Längd över allt: 48 fot 0 tum
Bredd: 13 fot 10 tum
LWL: 37 fot 0 tum
Max. djupgång: 5 fot 11 tum
Deplacement: 29125 pund
Ballast: 11000 pund
Höjd över vatten ytan: 61 fot 0 tum
Total effekt: 75 HP
Motor typ: Inombord
Propeller: 3-bladig propeller
Motorstyrka: 75 HP
Marschfart: 7 knop
Max hastighet: 8 knop
Färskvattentankar: Rostritt stål (225 Gallon)
Bränsletankar: Aluminium (100 Gallon)
Septitankar: (40 Gallon)
Antal singelbäddar: 2
Antal dubbelsängar: 2
Antal hytter: 2
Antal toaletter: 2
Rull focks system
Lattor i storsegel
Ström: 110 V
The Islander 48C offers entry to below decks via two companionways, one aft from cockpit and one mid-ship. This is a great feature when making long passages or when you have guests on-board. When entering from the cockpit you are immediately in the aft stateroom or, Captain's quarters. This stateroom offers a queen-size pullman berth, and just forward is a head with vanity, s/s sink, and enclosed shower stall both to port.
To starboard is a settee and large cedar lined self-illuminating hanging locker. There is additional storeage behind setee and under the companion way. Louvered privacy doors make these quarters not only comfortable but very private. As you move forward you enter the main salon with navigation station to starboard and galley to port. The mid-ship companionway enters the main salon just in front of the U-shaped galley and just above the engine. The center line cabinet housing the engine isolates the galley from foot traffic, giving the chef a very convenient and spacious area in which to prepare meals.
Also, in the main salon there are settee's to both port and starboard covered in a plush rouge upholstery (new '07) with folding leaf beautiful teak dinning table at the center line. Many pleasant aspects revolve around the main salon: mirrors, book shelves, drawers and lockers with sliding cane doors. In addition, there are many drawers, and storage space located throughout the boat. Forward is the 2nd stateroom with a head that offers access from both the stateroom and main salon.
There are 10 s/s opening ports, 2 Dorade vents, 7 deck hatches, in addition to two sliding hatches all providing good lighting and ventilation.
The U-Shaped galley conveniently located to port at mid-ship offers space, utility, and maneuverability and includes the following equipment:
- Hot/cold pressure water (new Isotemp water heater installed 2016) with Surflo 4.0 smart sensor water pump (nearly silent, installed 2016)
- Double, deep stainless steel sinks
- Technautics refrigerator/freezer with large cold plate for the 11 cubic foot ice box divided in two convenient sections (compressor replaced and plate refurbished 2016)
- There is plenty of storage via drawers, a large dish locker over ice box, extra long spice rack and a covered trash receptacle.
- New Force 10 four burner stove with oven and broiler (2016)
- Propane tanks re certified in 2016. Propane line replaced and gas monitor installed in 2016
Hull and Keel
The hull is hand laid fiberglass with marine plywood-cored deck. The side decks are wide and protected by deep solid teak toerail bedded and bolted through a strong overlapping fiberglass hull and deck flange, the deck hardware is also thru-bolted. The deck house design provides a low silhouette with sacrificing space below and does not impede view from cockpit. The boat was hauled and new Petit-anti-fouling bottom applied in 2013.
The keel is an advanced foil design made of solid lead and is attached with seventeen stainless steel keel bolts, and a semi skeg-hung rudder.
- Four (4) s/s fresh water tanks = 225 gallons
- New Raritan electric auto heads forward and Aft - sea and fresh water capable (2016)
- New "Y" valves (2016)
- New Whaler waste pump (2016)
- Hot/cold pressurized water systems in heads and galley (new Isotemp water heater installed 2016)
- Surflo 4.0 smart sensor water pump (nearly silent, 2016)
- Foot pump and faucet in galley
- Thruhulls replaced on as needed basis
- Additional 15g bow holding tank installed in 2013
- Datamarine: depth sounder, speed/log (2016)
- Icom VHF radio (2016)
- Icom SSB radio (2016)
- Ritchie magnetic compass (2016)
- Iridium Go (2016)
There are many updates and upgrades in the electrical systems:
- 110V AC / 12V DC
- 30 amp shorepower service with SmartPlug connection (this is a GREAT product, it renders traditional shorepower connectors totally obsolete!)
- Lifeline AGM Battery, 6V, 300AH
- GPL-2400T Lifeline AGM Battery, Group 24 Cranking
- MS2012 Magnum Energy 2000W Pure Sine
- ME-BMK Magnum energy battery monitor system
- Magnum remote panel with 50'cable
- Heart inverter/charger (2016)
- Raymarine ECI-100 Engine Interface
- New Mast Head LED Tri-Light, spreader lights, steaming light and anchor strobe light (2016)
- New interior lights (2016)
- Electric bilge pump system (installed 2014)
The sailing rig on the Islander 48C is not overly complicated: painted alloy spars, stainless steel rigging, internal halyards and reefing. The mast is stepped reasonably forward to reduce the size of the fore triangle for ease of handling head sails.
- Aluminum double spreader deck-stepped Forespar mast
- Aluminum boom with boom gallows
- Schaeffer mainsheet with traveller.
- Profurl roller furler, 2009
- Chainplates replaced in 2016
- 1x19 stainless steel wire standing rigging replaced 2009
- Mast and boom pulled and completely refitted and painted in 2016. Refit included installation of second spin and jib halyard with new rope clutches, all new electrical wiring, new VHF-AIS antenna, new windex, new main topping lift, new storm trysail track and spin pole track. New reef clutch, new 12:1 outhaul, all cleats on boom replaced. New mast boot and spartite application.
- Virtually all running rigging replaced in 2015 including halyards, sheets, foreguiy, topping lift, blocks, clutches, cleats, shackles and control lines
- New topping lift with cockpit led configuration (2016)
- All lifelines re-habbed or replaced (2016)
- New hoisting stay, and inner forestay (2016)
- New Tides mainsail track system installed (2016)
- New Vangmaster VM7 rigid boom vang (2016)
- New backstay adjuster (2016)
- Pineapple dacron mainsail (new 2015)
- Pineapple 100% dacron roller furler jib (new 2015)
- Pineapple 160% dacron roller furler jib (new 2015)
Additional sails and equipment:
- Spinnaker Pole
- New lazyjack system (2016)
Engine and Mechanical
- Repowered in 2013 with Volvo Penta 75hp turbo diesl engine. Fresh water cooled four cyclinder engine with less than 1,000 total hours. 1 1/2" stainless steel shaft thru bronze strut to three-bladed bronze prop.
- Tachometer replaced estimated Engine Hours 804
- Cable to quadrant wheel steering.
- All new engine panel (2016)
- SP SE100/185t twin prop bow thrusters - 220Thr (installed 2013)
- Replaced cutlass bearing in 2013
- Refurbished steering quadrant in 2014
- Rebuilt manual bilge pump in 2013
Deck and Deck Hardware
The cockpit is "T" shaped and seats 6 comfortably with high coaming for additonal comfort and safety. The cockpit sole is removable for easy access to install a generator or other machinery requirements. On Deck: All winches recently serviced
- Two (2) Barient #32 self-tailing winches
- Two (2) Barient # 28 winches
- Two (2) Barient #24 winches
- Single Barient # 23 self-tailing winch
- Shaeffer mainsheet with traveller
- All new stainless steel lifelines (2010)
- New Maxwell electric low profile anchor windlass installed 2010, #45 CQR anchor on bow roller with ample chain and line rode
- 10 s/s opening ports
- Two (2) polished s/s Dorade vents
- 7 deck hatches
- Binnacle removed, stripped and repainted in 2016
Canvas and Miscellaneous Equipment
- Offshore Canvas Dodger (2016)
- Sail Cover (2015)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.