Few trawler designs have enjoyed the enduring appeal of the 44' DeFever making it the most popular DeFever production design ever. This double cabin model with the galley up and walk around decks has a very attractive profile. The weight and displacement hull provides a comfortable ride in heavy seas. The engine room has near stand up head room for ease of maintenance. The well laid out interior is ideal for 'live aboard' or long range cruising.
Contact Bruce Jarman at 281-770-6286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org !
The salon and galley area is entered from the large, panoramic after deck. An open U-shaped galley is to port and refrigerator and freezer units are to starboard encompassing the entire aft portion of the salon. Opposite the sofa is a spacious dining area that can accommodate up to 6 people with a built-in settee. Forward still, the lower steering station is to starboard. Down three steps, from the aft of the salon area, is the generous master stateroom with a walk around island queen berth, ensuite head with separate shower stall, washer/dryer, and lots of beautiful teak built-in storage lockers.
A companionway, forward of the salon, leads to the guest stateroom that has a V-berth with center insert configuration plus ample storage. A forward head serves not only the forward stateroom but also as a day head. Aft, and to port from the quest stateroom is a hatch leading to a walk-in engine room with near standing head room. Main engines, the generator and operating equipment are very accessible.
Heading back aft, out of the salon, is the aft deck which is the perfect place for cocktails or dining. The hardtop also accommodates tender storage. Then, up four steps from the aft deck is the fly bridge with a second helm station with ample deck space and seating.
Entering the salon from the sundeck, you find the under-counter refrigeration starboard aft, sleeper/sofa to starboard, lower helm and side deck access door starboard forward, galley port aft, side deck access door to starboard, wrap-around settee and table port forward. The master stateroom is aft and the guest stateroom is forward with access to the engine room.
The large salon offers under-counter refrigeration starboard aft, sofa / recliner to starboard, lower helm and side deck access door starboard forward, wrap-around settee (storage underneath), folding table/sleeper with stools port forward, side deck access door to port and the galley (with extended countertop) port aft, teak parquet sole and large tinted side windows with custom custom drapes.
The galley on the 44' DeFever is located port aft in the salon and offers a side window and aft sliding window for plenty of light and ventilation. There is also plenty of counter space and storage. The forward countertop has been extended to make it a more comfortable bar area.
- Galley Maid Empress
- 3-burner electric cooktop and stove
- GE microwave oven
- Stainless steel sink
- 2 X Kenmore under-counter refrigerator/freezers
- Vitrofigo ice maker in the sundeck wetbar
- Storage cabinets and drawers
Dining is available at the wrap-around settee and table in the salon.
The lower helm is located starboard forward in the salon and offers a Pompanette helm seat and a side deck access door for easier docking and line handling.
The full beam aft master stateroom offers a centerline queen size berth, hanging lockers, lighted walk-in closet, vanity/desk, teak parquet sole, ensuite head, nightstands, reading lights, 2 transom hatches and six portlights for loads of natural light and ventilation.
The guest stateroom forward offers a v-berth with insert, 4 portlights and an overhead hatch for plenty of natural light and ventilation, teak parquet soles, privacy curtain, hanging locker, storage drawers and shelves, reading lights and ensuite head.
- Whirlpool washer and dryer
The huge flybridge offers a full console forward with storage underneath, benchseats port and starboard, helm seat, stainless steel framed bimini, Radar arch, benchseats on each side aft with storage underneath, non-skid decks.
Liberty's huge sundeck offers non-skid deck, hard top, deck furniture, BBQ grill in a storage locker with icemaker, aft door to the stainless steel and teak swimplatform ladder, bulwark doors on each side, same level side deck access.
- Nobeltec 48nm Radar
- Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic compass at the lower helm
- Danforth Constellation magnetic compass on the flybridge
- Simrad R135 rudder angle indicator at the lower helm
- Simrad AP35 autopilot at the lower helm and flybridge remote panel
- Simrad FU50 follow up steering system on the flybridge
- Datamarine Corinthian Series S200DL depth sounder at the lower helm and on the flybridge
- Icom IC-M45 VHF at the lower helm
- Icom IC-M80 VHF on the flybridge
- Uniden ES UM525 VHF on the flybridge
- Dell ship's computer with Samsung SynchMaster 712N monitor and Nobeltec electronic chart software at the lower helm
- Ship's clock and barometer in the salon
- Intercom system
- Westerbeke 12.6BTD 12.6kW generator
- Coleman 800 watt inverter
- Charles 60 amp battery charger
- Lewco 40 amp battery charger
- 50 amp shore cord
- 3 X Group 27 house batteries (Room for seven batteries in battery bank box)
- 6 X Group 32 main engine start batteries
- Group 27 generator start battery
- Sterling Power ProSplit R battery management system
- Twin Perkins Range 4 240 hp main engines
- Newage 401VR2 gearboxes
- Morse engine controls
- Glendinning synchronizer
- Spurs line cutters
- Fuel manifold
- Racor 900FG fuel filters with vacuum gauges for the main engines
- Racor 500FG fuel filter for the generator
- Oil change system
- Capilano hydraulic steering system
- Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system (3 X 12,000BTU units)
- Shurflo fresh water pump
- American Appliance Corp 10 gallon water heater
- Sea chest
- Tool box
- Raritan Crown electric heads
- All thru-hulls replaced in
- Rudder bearings and bolts
- Nilsson anchor windlass with foot controls
- Delta 44lb anchor with 280' 3/8" anchor chain
- Danforth 35lb anchor with 300' 3/4" nylon rode
- Stainless steel anchor roller
- Foredeck storage boxes
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel fender racks
- Teak cap rails on stainless steel stanchions
- Non-skid deck
- Boarding gates on each side
- Rod holders
- Boarding ladder
- Stainless steel & teak ladder from swimplatform to the sundeck
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- 2003 Avon 10'8" RIB tender
- Mercury 9.9hp outboard (2000)
- Tender davit
- Fireboy Model 200CG 1301 Halon engine room fire suppression system
- Fire extinguishers
- First Alert and Nighthawk smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- 2 X Guest search lights
- Rule bilge pumps
Deck furniture does not go with boat.