The Queen of the Pacific Northwest Nauticat Fleet
Havis Amanda is the rare and much desired Nauticat 38 with fin keel. Ketch rigged and with a large sail plan, she is a true sailboat. With her raised pilothouse and large Ford Lehman Super 90 engine fitted with a Max-Prop, you might just assume she is a raised pilothouse motorsailer, but the 38 model sails to weather beautifully and may be the ultimate northwest cruiser.
Fitted with Selden Spars Main and Mizzen masts, Selden booms, Profurl furling, and a removable Selden sprit for her gennaker. She is easy to sail and with her oversized self-tailing winches, and easy to control with WinchMate electric winch handle.
Gorgeous teak interior joinery crafted in Finland. Her longtime owners have kept her in beautiful condition. Ultraleather upholstery, fitted carpets covering her original teak & holly soles. Tastefully upgraded with Duet blinds, articulated stainless helm chair, Hurricane II hydronic furnace with 3-zones of forced air heat. Two-cabin & two-head interior arrangement with lower salon and the raised pilothouse area. The flexible layout provides privacy for guests and owners.
AB aluminum hulled RIB with helm seating/steering and electric start & power trim Tohatsu 4-stroke outboard. Dinghy rides on stainless stern davits
Upgraded electrical system with large 675-amp house bank, oversize alternator on the big Ford Lehman 90-hp engine, and a Kubota single cylinder diesel 125-amp DC genset gives you energy independence for long term cruising. She would be great in Alaska or Mexico, and ideal for exploring the Salish Sea.
Contact Steve Scruggs at Expedition Yacht Sales / American Tugs for a private showing in Anacortes. I have know Havis Amanda for nearly twenty years and her longtime owners have always kept her in the best of condition. This is a rare opportunity to purchase a gorgeous boat.
Owners website on Havis Amanda: https://www.svhavisamanda.com/
For a gallery of high resolution photos or additional information contact Steve@americantugs.com or call 206-930-6139.
Please contact Jeff Calvert at (360) 466-2961
Ytterligare specifikationer, utrustning och information:
Tillverkare: Siltala Yachts, Finland
Registrerad i: USA
LÖA Längd över allt: 45 fot 0 tum
Bredd: 11 fot 2 tum
LWL: 32 fot 4 tum
Däcklängd: 38 fot 9 tum
Max. djupgång: 5 fot 11 tum
Deplacement: 24200 pund Halvlast
Ballast: 7276 pund
Höjd över vatten ytan: 52 fot 0 tum
Total effekt: 90 HP
Motormärke: Ford Lehman
Motortyp: Super 90
Motor typ: Inombord
Propeller: 3-bladig propeller
Motorstyrka: 90 HP
Marschfart: 7 knop @ 1800 Varvtal
Max hastighet: 9 knop
Färskvattentankar: 1 (120 Gallon)
Bränsletankar: 2 Aluminium (64 Gallon)
Septitankar: 2 (23 Gallon)
Antal singelbäddar: 1
Antal dubbelsängar: 3
Antal hytter: 2
Antal toaletter: 2
The Nauticat 38 has a wonderful pilothouse with a commanding view from the inside station. Nauticat has always had great pilothouses with bright & airy sitting spaces, easy views all around, and room to eat or read. There is a large "sunroof" that slides open to bring a outdoor feel to sailing from the inside helm.
The master stateroom with a generous double pullman berth is aft and down a couple of steps from the pilothouse. The private master head is on starboard. There is nice storage throughout the large master suite. Abundant ventilation.
Forward of the pilothouse, and down a few steps is the main salon with a "U-shape" settee on starboard. The settee converts to a generous double. Opposite the settee on port is a linear galley. There are windows on both sides, deck hatches and two dorade vents for ventilation.
The NC-38 layout has a little extra space throughout the settee and galley allowing for casual relaxation.
A private guest stateroom is in the vee area. A second head is aft of the stateroom on starboard.
- Bright & Airy - everyone's favorite
- Helm chair - custom articulated stainless - very cool!
- Beautiful teak joinery work
- Commanding pilothouse views
- Large chart table & storage
- Nav table lights - red & white
- Pedestal table on starboard with footrest
- Starboard side settee converts to single pilot berth
- Jump seat on port
- Tinted windows with Duet blinds, windscreen canvas
- Hella Turbofan (2ea at pilothouse)
- Chronometer and Barometer set in Salon
Aft Master Cabin:
- Double Pullman berth - athwartship
- Nice teak cabinetry, very warm feeling
- Private head on starboard
- - Dometic Masterflush head & Tankwatch
- - 23-gallon holding tank
- - Y-valve for overboard discharge
- Vanity cabinet with seat
- Hanging and drawer space
- Condensation mat under mattress
- Fabulous ventilation and cross ventillation
- Hella Turbofan
- CO detector
- Beautiful teak joiner work
- U-Shape settee on starboard
- - Settee converts to a double berth
- Linear galley on port
- Extra storage and hanging locker forward of galley
- Double vee berth
- Private cabin
- Large egress and ventilation hatch
- Custom overhead cabinet
- Condensation mat under mattress
- Hella Turbofan
- CO detector
- Lavac head
- - 23 gallon holding tank
- -Y-valve for overboard discharge
- Shower - pull out shower head but no drain
- Hurricane II hydronic furnace with forced-air heat exchangers
- - Efficiently burns diesel
- - Thermostats in each zone
The galley is down a couple of steps from the pilothouse on port. A stainless Force Ten 2-burner stove & oven is gimbaled with slide-away cover. A double SS sink with H&C pressure water is at the forward end. There is plenty of storage. Havis Amanda has a top load fridge w/ freezer built into the aft galley counter.
- Force Ten stainless 2-burner stove & oven
- LPG system & control
- Powered galley vent
- Built in microwave
- Top load refer with 12V water-cooled compressor, holding plates and R50 insulation
- Double SS Sink w/ H&C Pressure Water
- Double filters on domestic water system
- - Pure drinking water tap
- Plenty of storage
- Custom 12-volt galley control panel
- Additional freezer in settee
- Magma stainless LPG barbecue
Inside station marine electronics:
- Garmin GPSmap 492
- - color chart plotter
- - USB wiriing for GPS data
- Furuno 1830 Radar
- Interphase forward looking scanning sounder - LCD Screen
- Icom IC-M57 VHF radio
- Standard Horizon HX870 handheld VHF & GPS with charger base
- Autohelm ST-7000 Autopilot
- Raymarine autopilot wireless remote S100
- Autohelm Tridata (depth, speed, temp)
- Autohelm Multi (2ea in the overhead console)
- Autohelm Wind (true & apparent wind speed & direction)
- Suunto large dial compass - Beautiful!
Outside station marine electronics:
- Autohelm S7000 autopilot control
- Authelm Multi & Wind instruments
- Sony CDX-M501P Stereo
- - 52 watts x 4-channels
- - Multiple source inputs,Ipod, WMA, MP3, CD
- - Remote for stereo with speakers & controller in aft master stateroom
- - Speakers outdoors in aft cockpit
12-volt DC Electrical:
- 12-volt electrical panel
- 6ea 6-volt GC batteries
- - 675 AH in house battery bank
- Large frame alternator with Ample Power multi-step regulator
- Kubota single cylinder - 12-volt/120-amp generator w/ 280-hours
120-volt AC Electrical:
- Shore power cord & inlet
- AC breaker inverter output panel
- Heart Freedom 20 inverter/charger
- - 3-step battery charger
- - Multi battery bank
- - Remote panel with amp/hour meter - Link 2000
- Hurricane II Hydronic diesel furnace - 3ea Zones
- - Heat exhangers and forced air heat with thermostats on each zone
- Racor Fuel Filters
- - Vacuum gauge - currently inoperative
- DryZone dehumidifier built-in - wonderful device! Keep your boat dry when on the dock with a dehumidifier.
Sailing and Deck Hardware
Havis Amanda is ketch rigged for flexibility under sail. Sail handling is upgraded with full batten main on the Strong Track system with investment cast stainless batten slides, Stack Pack sail covers with integral lazy jacks, upgraded running rigging. Her genoa is on a ProFurl roller with the genoa cars mounted on top of the pilothouse back to self-tailing oversized primary winches, which can be spun by a Winch Rite electric handle.
Fly the gennaker with confidence, it has the Top-Down spinnaker furler, and flies out front of the boat tacked to a Selden removeable sprit.
The Nauticat has a fin keel and external ballast, this is a nice sailing boat. The Ford Lehman engine is fitted with a Max Prop feathering propeller, minimizing drag while under sail. Equipped with line cutter on prop shaft.
- Selden mast & boom
- Folding mast steps
- Upgraded running rigging
- Garhauer stainless rigid boom vang
- Windward sheeting main traveller system
- Staysail hardware including inner forestay with over-center lever tension/release
- ProFurl genoa furling system
- Nauticat self tacking stainless staysail track
- Genoa sheeting on pilothouse cabin top - rigged to keep lines clear of the gorgeous teak rails on cabin top.
- Selden Mizzen Mast & Boom
- Mainsail - Neil Pryde full batten with Strong track and stainless slides
- Mizzen - Neil Pryde full batten with Strong track and stainless slides
- Genoa UK Genoa #2 on roller furling
- Staysail - Jib
- North Sails Gennaker
- Top-Down storable spinnaker furler
- - Selden removeable bow sprit/pole - stored on mast
- Lewmar 46 AST 2-speed self-tailing primary winches on cabin top
- Anderson stainless winches on main mast for halyards and control lines (3ea)
- Anderson stainless winch on mizzen mast
- Large Siltala bow sprit Stainless and anchor platform
- - Bow roller for anchor storage
- Lines led aft
- Nauticat stern seats w/ storage
- Teak side rails
- - Rail gates
- Winch Rite electric winch handle
- Stack Pack main and mizzen covers with integral lazy jacks
- - mizzen lazy jack system is currently de-rigged, but included
- Mesh pilothouse windshield cover
- Dinghy cover
- Weather cloth for aft cockpit
Ground Tackle, Dinghy & Safety
- Nauticat extended bow sprit and anchor platform with large roller
- Large anchor locker
- Stainless Ultra 46-lb plow anchor - A $2k anchor that holds fantastic. Sleep well!
- Stainless ball swivel
- - 150-feet 5?16-inch BBB chain
- - 200-feet of spliced line rode
- Ideal electric windlass
- - Power up & down
- Coilhose system - deck washdown with coiled hose and pressure water
- Secondary anchor
- - Nauticat stern chocks & Danforth style anchor
- - Rode in lazarette locker
Dinghy & Davit System:
- 2014 AB 9.5AL RIB dinghy
- Tohatsu 9.8 electric start & power trim 4-stroke outboard
- Stainless seat and helm
- Stainless steel stern davits
- Lifesling in rigid case at stern
- Horn on mizzen mast
- Fenders & Handling lines
- BottomSider cushions for aft cockpit
The Havis Amanda Name
In 1908 the sculptor Ville Vallgren unveiled the Havis Amanda in Helsinki's marketplace.
According to Vallgren, the central female figure, who has risen from the sea, symbolizes Helsinki and the birth of the City. Upon her unveiling the Swedish language newspapers in Helsinki and the sculptor himself started to call the sculpture "Havis Amanda". She has gained the reputation of protecting the well being of seafarers.
Havis Amanda has been part of the same family for well over twenty years and kept beautifully.
- 2019 new bottom paint.
- Engine maintenance annually
- 3-blade prop
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Personal effects, books, media, art, tools, handheld navigational implements, galley accessories, fishing equipment, optics and other items not normally transferred are not included in this offering. Some of these items may appear in photographs.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.