Greased Lightning is One Tonner from the board of the late naval architect Michael Pocock and built in Lymington, Hampshire. An IOR classic design, she can be sailed by up to nine crew including the skipper.
Built for both offshore and inshore racing, Greased Lightning was designed for speed and safety at sea. Below deck she has comfortable and secure individual bunks with high lee cloths, while on deck she has a secure cockpit along with jackstays and clip on points for safety harnesses.
She is constructed from a composite of cold moulding marine ply sheathed in fibreglass and epoxy , for a stiff and strong hull, which with her lead keel, triple spreader mast and rod rigging make her both fast and powerful.
Maintained and upgraded to ensure she is competitive under IRC rating system, her laminate sails and Dyneema tweaking lines allow even the keenest racers to squeeze every drop of speed from the sails, while wireless electronics enable the navigator and tactician to use their own choice of software via iPad or Laptop if desired.
Should you require more information or if you would like to arrange to view this great little boat, please call Nick on 07900 191 326 and he will collect you from any of the Island ferry terminals and whizz you over to see her.
2 X CQR Anchors. 1 X Danforth. + Chain & Warp.
• Rotating Auto locking jaw spinnaker pole with central tripping line & (Dip pole gybe only).
• Reaching whisker pole.
• Spinnaker sheets & Guys.
• Mid ships & Aft spinnaker gear blocks.
• 3 X Spinnakers. 2 unknown year in good condition. 1 X North sails AP new 2014/15 With snuffer. Only used 1 Cowes week.
• Laminate main and Genoa (soft hanks). Westaway Sails 2012. Little used.
• MUW = 0.972
• MTW = 1.734
• MHW= 2.966
• Genoa. #1
• Luff = 14.140
• LP = 5.592
• HW= 2.620
• Top Width = 1.330
• Upper = 0.720
• Sanders Dacron #3 (New 2014. Hank on. Can be reefed down to #4)
• All sails laundered, serviced and checked by Sanders sails 2015.
• 100% North 3 DL head sail. Old but usable.
• Storm Jib & Tri sail.
• Boom Strut.
• All Halyards in Dyneema.
• Mast & Engine rewired 2015.
• 2 Blade folding prop.
• New backstay & forestay 2015. All other rigging stripped & checked.
• 2 X Horseshoe bouys with LED lights and drogues + Extendable Danbouy.
• Heaving line.
• Bosuns chair.
• New rudder bearings and stern gland 2014.
• Ocean safety canister 8 person RORC compliant liferaft. Due 1st service. (New 2015. still in box and never fitted.)
• Emergency Tiller.
• 8 X KRU Lifejackets. (New 2015)
• Rope ladder and fender steps. 5 X fenders. Mooring lines.
• Large selection of spare spectra / Dyneema lines, various sizes & lengths.
• 4 X Tacktick multi function Solar instruments. Wind/Log & Depth Bi Data/GPS.
• Garmin GPS.
• Fixed DSC VHF & Blue tooth router for lap top nav integration.
• Galley fire blanket. 3 X Fire extinguishers. (New 2015).
• Gas Alarm.
• Emergency bilge pump.
• Simrad TP32 Tiller Pilot.
Greased Lightning is a Pocock One Tonner in great order. If you're wanting to get into racing or you're an old hand wanting to keep your skills well oiled, Greased Lightning is the boat or you.