The Banjer 37 with its iconic and instantly recognisable silhouette has something of a cult following. Built in the early days of GRP production boatbuilding the hull and decks are massively over-engineered. The interiors; constructed in the same heavy-duty manner, using the finest hardwoods are finished in classic style creating comfortable below decks living space.
PELICAN is reluctantly offered for sale by her current owners who in the last decade have undertaken a significant amount of re-fitting. Her inventory highlights include:
- Full osmosis treatment completed 2016/17.
- CopperCoat antifouling applied 2017.
- Topsides re-painted 2017.
- New main mast and standing rigging fitted 2008.
- Engine fully overhauled 2008.
- Gearbox fully overhauled 2008.
- New propellor shaft and sterntube fitted 2008
- Steering gear stripped and fully overhauled 2008.
Offered for sale in turn-key condition she comes with cruising inventory ready to set off with her new owners.
Lying afloat on a private mooring in Argyll viewing is strictly by prior appointment.
Ytterligare specifikationer, utrustning och information:
Tillverkare: Eista Werf / Polymarin
LÖA Längd över allt: 11.13 m
Bredd: 3.48 m
LWL: 10.20 m
Max. djupgång: 1.40 m
Deplacement: 12200 kg
Ballast: 4580 kg
Total effekt: 90 HP
Motor typ: Inombord
Propeller: 3-bladig propeller
Motorstyrka: 90 HP
Färskvattentankar: 2 Glasfiber (700 Liter)
Bränsletankar: 2 Glasfiber (900 Liter)
Antal toaletter: 1
- Traditional long keeled, round bilged hull
- Skeg mounted rudder
- Hand consolidated GRP hull & deck mouldings
- Underwater hull peeled and a full osmosis epoxy treatment applied during 2016/17.
- Coppercoat antifouling applied 2017.
- Topsides stripped back and fully repainted in International Toplac, single pack gloss. 2017
Built in the era before the properties of GRP was fully understood the Banjer 37's were built in a traditional style with lots of material being consolidated to create massively thick and strong hull and deck mouldings.
Spars, Rigging and Sails
- Standard masthead ketch rig configuration.
- Z-spars, silver anodised alloy main mast fitted new in 2008.
- Original anodised alloy ketch mast, painted white.
- Both masts stepped in tabernacles to allow dropping of the rig without the need for a crane.
- Standing rigging for main mast replaced completely in 2008.
- Fully battened slab reefing main and mizzen sails.
- Profurl roller reefing system fitted on forestay for roller reefing genoa.
- Lazy jacks fitted for main and mizzen.
- Spinlock clutches mounted on main mast for securing halyards.
- Spruce derrick mounted on tabernacle.
- Running rigging replaced in 2008.
- Sheet Winches - 2x Lewmar 30, two-speed, self-tailing.
- Main Mast Halyard Winches - 2x Lewmar 14, two-speed, self-tailing. (2008)
- Mainsail - Fully battened, slab reefing, 3 full reefs. Tan Dacron. Arun Sails.
- Mizzen - Fully battened, slab reefing, 1 reef. Tan Dacron. Arun Sails.
- Genoa - Roller reefing, tan Dacron. Arun Sails.
- Mainsail Cover - Stackpack type cover.
- Mizzen Cover - Stackpack type cover.
- Cockpit Cushions - Fitted cushions with backrest cushions.
Mooring and Ground Tackle
- Main Anchor - 40lb CQR anchor on 100m of 10mm chain rode.
- Kedge Anchor - 30lb Fisherman anchor on chain/warp rode.
- Emergency Anchor - Large Fisherman type anchor.
- Anchor Windlass - Lofrans Tigres. Foot button controls on foredeck with plug-in remote control also.
- Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection
The traditional style of the Banjer design has created a deck layout with excellent access around the whole boat with full protection from the substantial guard wires and railings at all times.
- Teak capping rail.
- Sidedecks and coachroof finished in treadmaster panels.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit rails.
- Stainless steel stanchions supporting double guardwires running the length of the decks.
- Guard wire gates port and starboard in way of the cockpit.
- Double, bronze bow rollers.
- Bronze fairleads set into caprails forward, midships and aft.
- Four stainless steel mooring cleats on foredeck and additional strong point for shackling on mooring chain.
- Belfast type mooring cleats midships and aft, port and starboard.
- Galvanised tabernacle for main mast.
- Dorade box style ventilators port and starboard sides of tabernacle.
- Teak grabrails running the length of the coachroof port and starboard.
- Prominent wheelhouse aft with large windows forward and in port and starboard sides.
- Teak grabrails running the length of the wheelhouse roof port and starboard.
- Teak capped coaming protecting cockpit.
- Cockpit bench seating port and starboard, finished in teak boards.
- Teak grating over cockpit sole.
- Large cockpit lockers under seating port and starboard. Access to sterngear and large locker space beneath.
- Access provided to steering gear via hatch at aft end of cockpit.
- Fish Finder - Koden CVS-118
- Wind Instrument - NASA Clipper
- VHF - Icom IC-M601 DSC VHF
- Handheld VHF - Standard Horizon HX280E
- Radar - Furuno with fast heading sensor and 2kw mizzen mast-mounted scanner.
- GPS 1 - Furuno GP32 at chart table.
- GPS 2 - Phillips AP Navigator.
- Autopilot - C-tronix autopilot with hydraulic pump drive system.
- Electronic Compass - Azimuth 1000 KVH with an electronic heading sensor.
- Magnetic Compass
The high-quality joinery work and extensive use of hardwood creates a warm and traditional feel to the boat interior.
Forward Cabin - Full standing headroom. Two large single berths in the traditional V-berth configuration. An in-fill section creates a large double when required. Storage provided throughout cabin with good access to the locker space beneath each bunk without having to lift the cushions. A small hand basin with hot and cold mixer tap and vanity unit are provided to the aft port end of the cabin. A hanging locker provided the opposite. A large deck hatch provides light and an emergency escape route.
Heads - Immediately aft of the forepeak on the starboard side is the large heads compartment with a good easy clean finish. Jabsco manual marine toilet, sink/shower faucet, wash hand basin and vanity unit.
Galley - To port of the heads. Compact and practical U-shaped galley area. The galley provides, gas cooker, top-loading fridge, stainless steel sink with pressurised hot and cold water. Good selection of storage below the worktop and outboard of the cooker.
Saloon - Large L-shaped settee runs along the port side with a bench settee running along the starboard side. Port settee converts to a double bunk when required with the starboard settee converting to a large single. A compact pilot berth is located outboard of the starboard bench settee. The substantial timber drop leaf saloon table is centrally mounted with access forward via a passage slightly offset to starboard. Storage is provided around the saloon with a selection of under bunk, overhead and outboard of bunk lockers.
Wheelhouse - The wheel house is laid out in a traditional fashion with the large diameter timber wheel and helm position to port. Dedicated helmsman's and navigators seats are positioned to the froward end, port and starboard of the saloon companionway. A large aft-facing chart table is located at the aft end of the space. Again huge volumes of storage are provided with lockers outboard under the sidedecks. Access to the cockpit is via a door on the port side of the wheelhouse aft.
- Water System - Twin GRP water tanks built into boat. Both tanks opened up, cleaned and epoxy coated in 2008. Pressurised hot and cold water, faucets in galley, forward cabin and heads, shower also in heads. Manual freshwater faucet in galley. Hot water supplied by 60ltr Isotherm Calorifier heated via engine or 240V immersion heater.
- Cooker - LP 2000 gas stove. 2 burner with grill and oven.
- Fridge - Waeco front loading 24v fridge with icebox.
- Grey Water Tank - for drain water from the sinks and shower, manual and electric discharge pumps.
- Heating - Webasto Airtop, diesel fired blown air system. Outlets in main saloon, forward cabin and wheelhouse.
- Toilet - Jabsco twist and lock type manual toilet. (2018)
- Gas System - Gas system, two bottles stored in self-draining gas locker.
- Gas Alarm - Pilot dual-channel system.
- Co2 Alarm
- Fire Blanket
- Perkins 6354, 90hp @2250rpm.
- 6 cylinder, naturally aspirated, indirectly cooled marine diesel engine.
- Engine fully overhauled in 2008. Works included: full top end rebuild, fuel injection pump and injectors serviced and re-calibrated, heat exchanger and manifold removed and re-furbished, new tube stack in heat exchanger, new freshwater pump, new raw water pump, starter motor and alternator both rebuilt. The exhaust system also renewed as part of works, new hose and waterlock.
- Paragon reversing hydraulic marine gearbox, overhauled professionally in 2008.
- Under 1100 recorded hours of engine running since 2008 rebuild.
- Large selection of engine spares accompanies boat including - starter motor, alternator, fuel injection pump, refurbished injectors, full set of injector pipes, complete cylinder head.
- Stainless steel prop shaft (2008)
- Flexible coupling re-furbished fully in 2008.
- Sterntube removed and replaced in 2008.
- Bronze 3 blade fixed prop, professionally re-furbished 2008.
- Morse single lever control system replaced in 2008.
- 7kts Cruising speed, approximately 1000RPM and 1 gallon per hour.
- Standard twin GRP fuel tanks. Hatches removed and tanks fully cleaned winter 2018/19.
Accessible by lifting the wheelhouse floor the engine is located within a dedicated and generously sized engine space. With the floors raised access around the engine and gearbox is excellent for all maintenance tasks. The large fuel tanks are located outboard of the engine space on port and starboard sides.
The boat is wired with the batteries in series to provide 24VDC to both engine and domestic systems.
- Engine Bank - 2x 12v, 110Ah Lead acid (2017)
- Domestic Bank - 2x 12v, 110Ah Lead acid (2013)
- Battery Charger - Mastervolt Auto charger.
- Invertor - Mastervolt 24VDC/200VAC
- Voltage Convertor - Vitronix 24vDC/12VDC voltage convertor. Powering instrument systems.
- Battery Monitor - Built-in panel showing voltage and current draw on both banks.
A link switch is fitted to allow bridging of the battery banks in emergencies.
- Hydraulic steering system.
- Single internal helm station.
- Twin, double-acting rams secured direct to quadrant.
- Hydraulic steering system fully stripped and overhauled in 2008. Rams stripped and rebuilt with new seal kits in 2019.
- Manual tiller steering securing direct to rudder stock.
- Liferaft - Ocean Safety 4 person valise. (2018)
- KIM MOB recovery sling.
- Plastimo Safety Ladder.
- Horseshoe Buoy - with light.
- Manual Bilge Pump - x2
- Electric Bilge Pump - x3 1 Auto switching. 2 Manually switched.
- Shore Power System - Hard wired, RCD protected system.
- Cockpit Table - folding.
- Boarding Ladder.
- Tender - Avon Redstart inflatable dinghy, with seats, outboard bracket and oars.
- Beaching Legs - Heavy-duty timber legs.
In this case we are acting as brokers only.
The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*Detta pris är baserat på dagens valutakurs.