vintage Boat in perfect condition, Very original; completely refitted and upgraded in 2009.
YEAR of CONSTRUCTION 1933
BOATYARD James n. Miller & Sons St. Monance, Fife, Scotland
Designer G.L.Watson & Co.
Length: 23 m
Width 5 m
77 tons gross tonnage, net 49.56
Construction: Pitch Pine on Oak frames ; teak deck
2 DAEWOO engines x 140 hp Diesel (1998)
Cruising speed: 9 knots , max 10 knots
20 KVA generator set (year 2009)
AIR CONDITIONING 2009
water capacity 2850 litres
fuel capacity 6,700 liters
Radar, GPS, Fish Finder, Anemometer, ECHO, Anti collision System , VHF MPS 2009
BOWTHRUSTER 2009 ;windlass 2009
2 lifterafts- Dinghy 3.6 mt. Outboard 15 hp electric start
ACCOMODATIONS 1 double cabin, 1 owner double cabin, 1 twin, 1 twin beds All cabins with private bathroom
GALLEY: fully equipped kitchens, marble floors
Dining area: external and internal dinette
Separate Crew Accommodation, two double cabins, toilet/shower, kitchenette
Built in 1933 for Mr Wilson
The project is of G.L. Watson & Co
The yard is the Scottish James Miller of St. Monance, one of the most
famous, active since the late 1700 to 1995
After the construction the yacht was purchased by Joseph Cyrus Baumford, later Lord Baumford. He renamed the boat MARKANTO .
During World War II the ship was used as a "courtesy boat" to lead the authorities aboard British ships anchored in the Thames Estuary;
In 1960 the Markanto was completely rebuilt under the supervision of LLOYDS of London.
After 1959 the boat changed several owners, as:Lord Latymore who renamed her PAMARA and used the boat for charter in Mediterranean sea.there were illustrious guests who used it in this period as the actress Margot Fontaine.
More former owners:
HUGO COOKS (Wagons-lits)
In 1974 the boat belonged to Cyril GRAHAM GOODWIN who changed her name to the current CORALISLE.
The actual owner bought her in 2003