Southerly 47 - 2013 - £665,000
This Stephen Jones designed Southerly 47 features the highly developed Swing Keel which gives the freedom and versatility to sail in almost any waters.
With the keel lowered, the variable draft of 10'3'' (3.12m) makes for fast, serious blue water cruising. At the touch of a button, the keel can be raised to give a shallow draft of just 3'3'' (1m) perfect for sailing in shallow water, so you really can explore the parts other blue water capable yachts just cannot reach!
Built to a very high specification, with a luxurious interior, this Southerly 47 has had light use and is in stunning condition.
A rare opportunity to purchase this stunning model, now for sale as the owner is buying a new larger Southerly Yacht!
Nominated for European Yacht of the Year 2013, the Southerly 47 keeps the luxurious qualities and interior styling of the Southerly marque. This blue water cruiser is designed to a high specification, with easy handling, and can be sailed by just two people.
The tall fractional rig with self tacking jib and large mainsail provides powerful sailing performance. An aysmmetric gennaker can be flown from an optional bowsprit, for light wind conditions. The double headsail rig (self tacking jib and overlapping genoa) offers optimum sailing performance. As with all Southerly’s, the semi balanced twin rudders give instantly responsive steering and precise directional stability.
The mainsheet track is set across the coachroof with lines led aft to both helm positions, for easy handling, whilst keeping the cockpit free and uncluttered. The cockpit is secure and enclosed, with deep comfortable seating. A central table offers dinette facilities for guests whilst also providing a foot brace, when the yacht is heeled. Teak double seats to the pushpit provide further areas for socialising. The fold down transom door gives access to a large stowage area, ideal for a dinghy.
The interior space has been designed for maximum comfort and practicality with contemporary styling to create a luxurious feel throughout the yacht, and features a large raised saloon to port offering panoramic views with further seating opposite, at a lower level. The large open galley is well planned and positioned close to the companionway. Ample work surfaces, stainless steel appliances and plenty of stowage space is provided to enjoy living onboard.
• Dark Blue gel coat • Ivory White boot top & style lines • Nordseal anti osmosis system • Clear gel coat below the waterline • White flow coat finish inside of hull, up to waterline • Copper coating antifoul
• Cleats forward and aft raised
• Spring cleats amidships
• Stainless steel stemhead fitting with twin bow roller
• Foredeck sail locker with flush hatch
• Lewmar V3 vertical anchor windlass with deck switches
• Additional windlass control on steering pedastal
• Stainless steel pulpit incorporating navigation light bracket
• Stainless steel stanchions and guardwires with gates,port and starboard
• Stainless steel pushpit incorporating stern gate, navigation light bracket and ensign socket
• Double teak seats to port and starboard pushpit
• Teak laid ring decks, teak decking to forward section of coachroof
• Fuel and water deck fillers
• Self tacking foresail track with sheet led to winches each side of helm
• Mainsheet track with control lines
• Rope clutches to port and starboard, for running rigging
• Halyard & masthead block for Gennaker/Spinnaker
• Removable Stainless bowsprit for Genaker with associated tackle
• Mast stowed spinnaker pole and track
• Up-haul for spinnaker / gennaker
• Delrin sheaves to masthead and boom
• Stainless steel grab handles on either side of coachroof
• Gas bottle stowage in deck
• 25kg Delta anchor
• 40 metres of chain with anchor chain stopper
• 30 metres of warp
• Fortress Kedge anchor and warp, 50m
• Strong gas lift insert to kicker system
• Deck shower with hot & cold water in stern bathing platform
• Four fire extinguishers
• One fire blanket.
Aft cockpit • Self draining • Laid teak to cockpit seats • Laid teak to cockpit sole • Teak cockpit table with folding leaves • Sprayhood with recessed trough • Wheel rims covered with hide • Covers for wheels and cockpit table • Bimini / Cockpit tent • Cockpit seat back cushions using drainable foam • Cockpit seat base using drainable foam • Lewmar 46AEST powered halyard winch • Lewmar 48EST main sheet & jib winches • Lewmar 54EST genoa sheet winches • Two winch handle pockets • Stowage and handrail • Telescopic stern boarding ladder • Large cockpit locker to port and starboard • Perspex drop down hatch • Instrument panel above companionway • Hydraulic retracting bathing platform with access to stern stowage
• Fitted backrests for Aft Pulpit seats to match other canvas in Taupe Sunbrela material
• Covers for wheels, Liferaft and cockpit table
• 3 x Raymarine i70 wind/speed/depth instruments above companionway
• Raymarine e95 Hybrid Touch display screen in Navpod, at end of cockpit table, complete with Navionics card
• Raymarine e125 Hybrid Touch display screen at chart table, complete with Navionics card
• Raymarine 130 Satelite GPS antenna
• Raymarine Autopilot P70 display, SPX30 Smart pilot with Rate Gyro,Additional Raymarine p70 display at end of cockpit table
• Raymarine AIS650 transceiver Class B
• Raymarine 18'' HD scanner fitted to mast
• Echomax XS dual band Radar Target Enhancer installed at mast head with control under chart table
• Icom 423 VHF/DSC receiver fitted at chart table
• External VHF speaker
• Twin binnacle helm compasses - swung in 2014, with deviation card
• Yanmar 4JH4-TE 75 hp 4 cylinder, fresh water cooled, diesel engine • Racor Singlefuel filter system • Reduction/reverse gear
• 90 Amp Prestolite Alternator
• Mastervolt Alpha Pro alternator regulator interfaced with Mastervolt electrical system
• GRP stern tube with water lubricated stern gland • Stainless steel propeller shaft • Max prop (3 feathering blades) • Rope cutter : Ambassador AM10 • Substantial skeg fitted on centreline to protect propeller and rudders when yacht is dried out • Two non metallic fuel tanks - total capacity 660 litres/145 gallons, with sediment trap and line filter • Facet Duralift fuel transfer pump installed between fuel tanks (Utilises generator dual CAV 796 filter to transfer clean fuel to main tank in case of uncertain supply) • Bronze water strainer with viewing port and removable filter • 12 volt electric ventilator • Sound deadening to engine box
Electrical ◦ 12 volt system ◦ 240v ring main: includes 9 double outlet sockets (2 in galley, 1 in saloon, 2 in aft cabin, 2 in forward cabin, 1 at chart table), earth leak circuit breaker and connection cable (plug for shore power 16A and 1Kw imersion heater fitted in calorifier ◦ Isolating switches ◦ LED Cabin lighting throughout ◦ Reading lights over bunks ◦ Chart light over navigation table ◦ Full navigation light system incorporating bow lights, stern light, masthead tricolour light with all round white anchor light, deck flood light and steaming light.
◦ Upgrade to Lopo LED lights - masthead tricolour with all round anchor light. ◦ Circuit breakers on main panel ◦ 12 volt 10amp interior socket, fitted at chart table ◦ 12 volt 25 amp socket fitted in cockpit for dinghy inflator ◦ Shaver socket in aft heads ◦ 4 AGM slimline 185Ah and 1 AGM (service 740Ah, engine 115Ah)
◦ Engine battery charging from either Mastervolt Combi, or dedicated Mastervolt Magic DC 20amp charger
◦ Bowthruster battery bank 2 X MV Slimline 185AH AGM charged by Mastervolt Magic DC 20amp charger
Sternthruster battery bank 2 X Optima 75AH AGM charged by Mastervolt Magic DC 20amp charger
◦ Cummins Onan 4Kw Generator (light use) ◦ Mastervolt Masterview Easy View Battery monitor
◦ Mastervolt Serial Interfaces added to 3 Magic DC chargers for monitoring remote battery banks on EasyView panel
Mastervolt USB interface installed for connection of the system to a laptop PC for configuration updates/monitoring/faultfinding
◦ Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/2500W inverter & 100A charger ◦ Hot air heating system with four outlets (aft cabin, fwd cabin, saloon, midships cabin) Eberspacher D5 ◦ Holding tank system to aft heads ◦ Watermaker Dessalator D60 Freedom 12volt dc, 60ltrs per hour ◦ Aquafilter water filter in galley ◦ Salt water foot pump in galley ◦ Eumenia Single Nova 110 HK washing machine fitted beneath chart table seat ◦ Bow thruster with control at steering pedestal ◦ Stern thruster with control at steering pedestal
• Selden in-mast furling mast
• Double headsail rig (Self tacking foresail & Genoa)
• Double swept back spreaders
North Norlam XP Partially battened mainsail system
North Norlam XP Furling jib
North Dacron Genoa
Sanders Asymmetric Gennaker with ATN Snuffer
• 18'' LED Flatscreen TV in with built in Freeview and DVD player • Glomex TV antenna • Fusion 700i stereo system with speakers
Interior joinery is finished in Teak (Crown cut) in Rhoades Young contemporary style.
• Teak & holly laminate sole • Aft cabin mattress upgrade to Naturalmatt pocket sprung
• Upgrade to Alcantara - saloon seating • Raised seating for eight people to port • Lee cloth • Lower seating to starboard with lee cloth • Excellent vision • Folding leaf table • Stowage • Bookshelf • Five opening hatches • Overhead lights • Concertina blinds to pilot house windows
• Twin stainless steel sinks • Corian type worktop • Pressurised hot and cold water • Stainless steel grab rail • Front loading stainless steel 130 litre refrigerator
• Top loading 51 litre freezer with Keel Cooler to enhance efficiency • Fully gimballed gas cooker with three burners, grill and oven (fail-safe devices on all burners) • Stainless steel microwave 240v 800 watts • Gas cut off tap • Ample storage for crockery and cutlery • Cupboards • Opening hatch • Ventilation
• Raised chart table to starboard, excellent visibility
• Instrument console forward of chart table • Chart stowage • Locker spaces • Opening hatch over • Chart light • Main switch panel
MASTER AFT CABIN
• Large double centreline berth • Lee cloth, centreline • Upholstery upgrade (JAB) • Large hanging locker • Large shelved locker • Shelves • 2 Fixed portlights • Four opening ports • Opening deck hatch • Concertina blinds
• 24” LED flatscreen Smart TV with built in Freeview and DVD player
• Door to ensuite facilities
• Washbasin with Corian type surround • Hot and cold pressurised water • Separate shower with seat and perspex door • Grating to shower tray • Electric shower pump • Opening portlight • Lockers • Mirror • Glass holder • Fixed portlight
• V berth, two single berths, infill to convert to a double • Shelved locker • Hanging locker • Shelves • 2 Fixed portlights • Concertina blinds • Ensuite facilities
• Custom Single bunk berth with stowage under • Hanging locker • Custom upgrade to mid cabin. Complete with bunk top hinged upwards to provide access to work bench, storage lockers, and drawers beneath. Comes with 6" bench vice and tapped base plate for quick removal. Top access bin. • Shelves • Opening hatch • Fixed portlight • Concertina blinds
• Marine wc • Washbasin with Corian type surround • Hot and cold pressurised water • Separate shower with Perspex door • Electric shower pump • Shower grating • Lockers • Mirror • Glass holder • Fixed portlight • Opening hatch • Lockers