2012 KER 40
Cowes, United Kingdom
- Se alla specifikationer
- Enkel / diesel
- Belägen i:
- Cowes, United Kingdom
- Nuvarande pris:
- US$ 380.000 Skatt/moms ej betald (SEK 3.127.572)
The modified Ker 40 "Signal 8" is now for sale.
The success story of the mk1 Ker 40 design is nothing short of incredible, but as with all designs, time moves on and luckily so has "Signal 8's" development.
Having just concluded a huge optimisation overhaul, with the boat being lengthened and stuck on a 600kg diet, she is a potent weapon under any rating system and importantly carries both inshore and offshore potential.
One of Asia's most successful 40 footer, she is now based in Europe and ready to pounce on any FAST 40 fleet.
Please contact at +44 (0)23 8045 0000
Ytterligare specifikationer, utrustning och information:
LÖA Längd över allt: 42 fot 0 tum
Bredd: 13 fot 5 tum
Max. djupgång: 9 fot 10 tum
Motor typ: Inombord
Transmission: Segelbåts drev
- 2 x Primary Lewmar Carbon B60.3 STA, linked to Lewmar aft pedestal system. Diverse Yachts service July 2017.
- 2 x Pit Winches Harken B46.2 STA
- 2 x Main Sheet Winches Harken B 46.2 STA
- 2 x Back stay Winches Harken B 46.2 STA
- 7 x Spinlock Clutches along with custom organisers. (Upgraded clutch innards)
- Custom sliding forehatch with inflatable seal.
Engine (full service July 2017)
• 30 hp Volvo Penta / Yanmar diesel engine
• Transmission: Sail Drive
• Folding 2 bladed ‘racing’ style prop
• Spinlock flush throttle control mounted on stbd side of cockpit
• 40 Litre rigid plastic fuel tank.
• Red/white cabin lighting in saloon, galley, heads and navigation areas
• 12 volt DC switch panel and battery indicator mounted by the Chart Table
• Battery isolator/selection switch mounted on Engine Box
• 1x 65 AH gel type batteries & 1 x 17 AH battery for engine start. New in 2016.
• 12 V electrical panel for Engine, with fuel gauge, rev counter and start/stop switches mounted close to the engine
• Navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit, steaming light and windex light on masthead.
• Electronics are Nexus: 4 cockpit FFDs, 4 mast unit double-sentence 20/20s. Downstairs at nav table is one FFD, a FitPC with large screen, a sat phone, a stereo, and a vhf.
• Expedition is installed, along with Nexus Race software.
• There are two deck speakers.
• Forestay load cell with digital readout
New JP3 rudder bearings July 2017.
Underwater paint new in Jan 2017 and she's only been in the water for 5 weeks since.
New 2-blade Gori racing prop 2016.
Sail inventory mostly by Doyle China loft, using deisgn's from Richard Bouziad (NZ).
M3 Doyle 2016 (3 regattas - 1 reef)
M2 UK sails 2012 (club sail)
M1 Dacron delivery sail
J1 Doyle Stratis 2017 (1 regatta)
J2 Doyle Stratis 2017 (1 regatta)
J3 North 2015 (2 regattas)
Delivery dacron jib.
A1.5 Doyle 2017
A2 Doyle 2017
A3/0 North hybrid 2015
A3/0 North Hybrid 2016
A4 North 2016
MH0 UK Sails 2012, supplied with Karver furler and Future Fibres anti-torsion cable
FR0 UK Sails 2012.
North & UK spinnaker staysails (good as new, supplied with complete furling systems)
UK Geona stay sail (used twice)
Assorted older training/delivery jibs and kites.
The Ker 40 has been designed for function over fashion and everything is of purpose built, lightweight construction, with purely racing in mind.
The interior facilities are as follows;
- 6 x adjustable pipe cot berths.
- Twin composite sinks.
- 2 x gimbling gas ring burners.
- 2 x aft fresh water tanks 50ltr each. (soft bladders)
- Fresh water system operated with manual pumps.
- Fwd plumbed heads.
- Aft navigation station.
- Canvas storage areas on bulkheads and under bunks.
- 2 x manual bilge pumps.
- 2 x auto electric bilge pumps in bow.
- Plastic 40ltr fuel tank located under cockpit sole.
- 10-man Liferaft
- 11 Team O Life jackets
- Full Cat 1 offshore safety equipment.
- Spare battens and lashings.
- Brand new galvanised cradle and custom splashes made in August 2017.
- Engine fully serviced & many parts replaced in summer 2017 in Cowes
"Signal 8" is supplied with a two-piece, Hall Spars carbon rig and boom, fitted with Nitronic Rod standing rigging throughout - Mast and standing rigging ultrasound tested 2016 with clean bill of health.
A twin spreader configuration, with fixed carbon bowsprit, that is now extended for maximum downwind projection - New bowsprit and bob stay 2016
Split running back stays, controlled by two aft cockpit winches allow for a large, square top mainsail configuration - New running back stays end 2016.
Runner tails, sheets, all new for Cowes Week 2017, used only once.
The mast is also setup with;
- 2 x Masthead halyards.
- 1 x Jib halyard.
- 1 x Fractional halyard.
- 1 x Genoa Staysail halyard.
- 1 x 2:1 Main halyard.
- 1 x Spring vang system.
- Internal Hydraulic mast ram, with shims - Mast jack fully serviced late 2016
- Adjustable mast foot.
- Nitronic 50 Rod rigging.
- Tuff Luff groove on forestay.
A fully up to date running rigging package accompanies the boat (appropriate materials used throughout), with both inshore and offshore setup's included.
The boat also comes with spare running rigging for training and deliveries.
Comprehensive rig tuning guide also available.
"Signal 8" was built by world famous builders McConaghy Boats in China during 2012.
Still under her first owner, she is made from infused E Glass with a closed cell foam core, which has meant a hugely strong, yet lightweight boat has been constructed.
On top of the already high specification, 'Signal 8' was regularly upgraded throughout her career, to keep her at the front of the Asian IRC circuit, with great success.
Over the last 12 months, the growth of FAST 40 footers has been huge and so the team pushed the optimisation curve even further with "Signal 8" and the boat is now unrecognisable from her original mk1 specification.
Major recent work (July 2017);
- 3m draft with fabricated fin and new bulb, basically same as new Ker40+ design.
- boat now weighs 4300kg instead of original 5000kg
- bowsprit extended 550mm.
- transom scoop extended LH to 12.6m, maximum for FAST 40 rule.
- aft sections "bumped" to reduce rocker and promote earlier planing and higher max speed
- mast gate moved aft to accommodate new hull shape and sail plan
- jib tracks extended inboard to allow tighter sheeting angles upwind.
IRC: 1.245 TCC
• Hull and deck precision female tooling
• Hull and Deck: E glass epoxy/foam sandwich construction, resin infused, vacuum bagged.
• Keel: Steel keel fin with composite fairings and lead bulb
• Rudder: Autoclaved Carbon Fibre rudder stock, Tiller steering.
• Light weight yet robust and stiff construction incorporating modern race boat technologies.
• A fully optimised structural design using advanced Finite Element Analysis Techniques.
• Designed and constructed in accordance to ISO structural regulations to Class A with plan approval by Germanischer Lloyd
• The hull and deck constructed from vacuum consolidated e-glass/epoxy/foam sandwich resin infused
• Additional reinforcements in way of all deck fittings and other highly loaded areas
• Structural internals: vacuum consolidated e-glass/epoxy/foam with sandwich construction, with uni-directional fibre reinforcement
• Non structural internal components built from e-glass/epoxy/foam sandwich construction
• Hull and Deck: Finished in high-grade polyurethane. Plus Non-skid areas on deck
• Cockpit Floor: Non-skid areas covered in red, custom grip tape arrangement.
• Under water: Finished with black Epoxy primer to a race finish.
• Interior: Clear finished