“Sally Jo” is a very lightly used, two owner Tartan 3800 with a beautiful all teak wood interior. Original owner commissioned her with conveniences for shorthanded sailing. She is the essence of a performance cruiser – fast, stable and sea kindly she turns heads wherever she goes with her classic Tartan styling!
"Sally Jo" is located Port Clinton, OH and may be seen at any time by appointment
Contact RCR listing broker, Dave Regnet 419-202-0201-Cell, email@example.com.
· Hull is hand-laminated w/ alternating layers of strand mat & uni-directional "E" glass locally reinforced.
· Hull is partially cored w/ Baltek end-grain balsa core w/ solid fiberglass at all thruhull, chainplate & keel installations.
· Hull gelcoat backup layer is laminated & chemically bonded using a 4mm barrier coat of vinylester anti-corrosive resin for blister resistance.
· Bulkheads & floor timbers are directly taped to the hull skin while in the mold.
· Built to ABS Plan Certification.
· Deck is a hand-laminated sandwich composite of polyester resin, uni-directional "E" glass & end-grain balsa coring.
· All deck hardware installation points are solid fiberglass backed w/ 1/4" aluminum plate or fiberglass backing plates.
· The deck is joined to the hull using 5200 sealant & stainless steel fasteners that are drilled & tapped into aluminum backing plates molded into the hull flange.
· The "Beavertail" lead cruising fin keel is thru-bolted to the keel stub w/ stainless steel bolts.
· The balanced-spade elliptical rudder blade is foam-cored w/ uni-directional fiberglass skins; 3.5" oversized 304 stainless steel rudder post.
· 304 stainless steel strap chainplates are bolted to the deck & to an all-fiberglass integral-molded pod, which is grounded to the keel.
· Lexan sliding companionway hatch w/ a fiberglass spray hood & solid teak hatch boards.
· Original construction included UL-approved, stranded, tinned copper ABYC-color coded wiring throughout.
· Stateroom forward w/ large double berth with custom made Memory Foam cushions & storage under; small settee & vanity sink to starboard; large cedar-lined hanging locker to port; large Lewmar overhead hatch plus (1) stainless steel opening port either side (w/ PortVisor rain shields); access to chain locker forward; all cabinet doors are louvered for ventilation.
· Salon amidships w/ straight settee/berth to port & large U-shape convertible settee to starboard; double drop-leaf table w/ storage compartment on centerline; generous storage above & behind the settees; large Lewmar overhead hatch plus (2) dorade ventilators & (4) stainless steel opening ports in this area; cabinet doors are louvered for ventilation. Wall mounted flat screen TV.
· Next aft is the nav station to port & galley to starboard; large forward-facing nav desk w/ storage under; electrical panel outboard & cabinetry for flush-mounted instruments; galley w/ gimballed stove outboard, double stainless steel sinks on centerline, large divided ice box (top & front-loading), pull-out trash bin & generous storage outboard & below; (2) dorade ventilators in this area & (1) stainless steel opening port either side.
· Aftmost is the companionway on centerline, w/ head compartment to port & private stateroom to starboard; good access to engine under the companionway stairs & through large panels on both sides; head compartment includes a manual marine toilet, vanity sink, shower area, bin for foul-weather gear, generous storage, overhead hatch & (1) opening port; the aft stateroom includes a large double berth, cedar-lined hanging locker outboard, additional storage outboard & under the berth, overhead hatch, (1) stainless steel opening port outboard, plus (2) additional opening ports in the cockpit well inboard.
· Teak & holly cabin sole throughout; 6' 5" headroom on the centerline; cabinetry & trim in hand-rubbed teak; teak handrails either side in salon; overhead liner has teak accent battens & strategically-placed access panels
· 48HP freshwater-cooled Yanmar turbo diesel engine w/ approximately 632 operating hours
· Engine control panel in cockpit w/ tachometer & alarms
· RACOR primary fuel filter
· Built in oil change system with pump
· Quick change / easy access impeller cover
· 12V DC & 110V AC systems w/ distribution panel outboard of the nav station. Hinged panel includes circuit breakers w/ volt & amp meters.
· Batteries include: (3) Trojan Group 24 w/ smart charger system (2017)
· Shore power system w/ 50' 30amp shore cord
· Stainless steel bow & stern pulpits w/ boarding ladder at the stern.
· Stainless steel stanchions w/ 24" double lifelines & boarding gates port & starboard.
· Sturdy teak toerail bow to stern refinished in 2015 w/ built-in stainless steel bow mooring chocks w/ rollers, plus (2) stainless steel mooring cleats at the bow, (2) amidships & (2) at the stern.
· Fiberglass decks w/ non-skid areas in contrasting color.
· Reverse transom has a moulded-in swim platform w/ teak-padded steps & extra deep stainless steel boarding ladder.
· Teak handrails on the cabintop.
· (4) dorade ventilators w/ chromed cowls & stainless steel guards; (4) Lewmar aluminum overhead hatches; (12) Hood stainless steel opening ports.
· Molded foredeck anchor windlass locker w/ overboard drain & access from the forward stateroom to the chain storage.
· North fully-battened dacron mainsail w/ two sets of reef points for jiffy/slab reefing (2010); North dacron furling genoa w/ UV protector (2012); Profurl headsail furling system w/ control line led aft to the cockpit; 3/4 oz. cruising Gennaker w/ snuffer - not used by current owners - believed in very good condition
· Sloop-rigged, keel-stepped, LPU-painted aluminum spar system.
· Double-spreader, tapered mast has the Harken BattCar system for the mainsail luff.
· Boom has internal outhaul, topping lift & set up for two reefs (single-line for first reef & dual-line for second reef, all lines led aft to the cockpit).
· Solid boom vang w/ control line led aft to the cockpit
· 1 x 19 stainless steel wire standing rigging w/ turnbuckles, including a baby stay; running rigging is low-stretch braided dacron w/ internal main, genoa & spinnaker halyards led aft to the cockpit.
· North fully-battened dacron mainsail w/ two sets of reef points for jiffy/slab reefing; North dacron furling genoa w/ UV protector; Profurl headsail furling system w/ control line led aft to the cockpit; 3/4 oz. cruising Gennaker w/ snuffer - not used by current owners - believed in very good condition