The Gozzard 31 is a traditional cruiser built to a very good quality in Ontario, Canada. These vessels are traditional in design with a clipper bow, cutter rig and a long stable cruising keel. Although the Gozzards were built attractive and traditional, their construction was completed using modern techniques creating a vessel of excellent quality. Aside from the high build quality, the builder was creating boats for its customers to use for practical cruising right out of the box. The storage and unique well thought out features are numerous. A look at the forepeak which is a multi function Salon, Dining Area and Second Private Cabin, shows how much thought went into these boats.
This particular vessel has received excellent care many recent improvements. Items such as a new full cockpit enclosure, electronic upgrades, sail upgrades and good maintenance make this vessel a great choice. This is a turn key boat and that will be as comfortable as she is beautiful.
A few of the notable features are:
- Two good sized double berths in private cabins
- High quality build, with great hardwood finishes
- Spacious, fully enclosed cockpit
- Safe, bulwark protected deck access
- Impressive Multi Purpose space in the forepeak
I encourage you to have a look at the full specifications and photos to see the great boat that is being offered here.
Ytterligare specifikationer, utrustning och information:
Tillverkare: North Castle Marine
Designer: H. Ted Gozzard
LÖA Längd över allt: 40 fot 2 tum
Bredd: 11 fot 0 tum
LWL: 26 fot 0 tum
Däcklängd: 31 fot 0 tum
Max. djupgång: 4 fot 5 tum
Ballast: 4600 pund
Ståhöjd: 6 fot 3 tum
torrvikt: 12000 pund
Total effekt: 35 HP
Motor typ: Inombord
Propeller: 3-bladig propeller
Motorstyrka: 35 HP
Färskvattentankar: Rostritt stål (30 Gallon)
Bränsletankar: 1 Aluminium (35 Gallon)
Septitankar: 1 Glasfiber (30 Gallon)
Antal dubbelsängar: 2
Antal hytter: 2
Antal toaletter: 1
Vindmätare - Sailtimer Wireless Windvane New 2015
VHF - 2016 Standard Horizon Matrix 2200 AIS/GPS/VHF, With Command Mic. in Cockpit
Eko lod - 2014 Simrad Displayed on Simrad NSS7 Plotter
Radio - AM/FM/Tape Stereo
Logg - 2014 Simrad Displayed on Simrad NSS7 Plotter
Kart plotter - 2015 Simrad NSS7 Plotter & NMEA2000 Network
Autopilot - Hydraulic Ram & Compass Installed, All Linked Through SimNet System, Just needs a new computer plugged into the network
Kompass - Ritchie on Pedestal
Radar - Simrad HD 24 Broadband Radar On Mast Installed New in 2016
Rull focks system - Two Foresails, One Furling Yankee Dacron Serviced in 2015 Good Condition, Doyle Dacron Furling Staysail New 2014
Full-latte storsegel - 2015 Doyle Dacron Custom, Two Reef Points
Rorkult - Emergency Steering Tiller
Ratt - Attractive Wooden Wheel
Kylskåp - Large Sealing Fridge/Freezer, Nova Cool R3800DC
Batteriladdare - All New in 2014, 20Amp Battery Charger, Group 27 12Volt Starting Battery, 1 @ 4D 12Volt House Batteries
Mikrougn - GE Microwave
Varmvatten - 6 Gallon Seaward Tank AC & Engine Heating
Landströms anslutning - 30 Amp, With Cable and Shorepower
Dävertar - Stainless Steel Dingy Davits
Sittbrunnsbord - Huge Double Leaf Folding Cockpit Table
Sittbrunnsdynor - Attractive Blue Cockpit Cushions, Excellent Condition
Tenderbåt - 2014 Walker Bay RID 310 With Lehr 2.5hp Propane Outboard
Dusch i sittbrunn
Badstege - Folding Transom Converts to Swim Stairs
Fäste för utombordsmotor - Mount on Pushpit
Bimini - Quality Custom Bimini, Sunbrella & Stainless Steel, New 2014
Sprayhood - Quality Dodger with good visibility, New in 2014
Sittbrunnstält - Full Cockpit Enclosure with Side Windows, Connection Between Dodger and Bimini, All new in 2014
Genuaskydd - UV Strip Protection on Yankee and Staysail
Storsegelkapell - Sunbrella
Additional Gozzard 31 Information & Specifications
Equipment Fiberglass Components & Construction:
- All fiberglass laminates are produced using E-Glass cloths and marine grade isophthalic resins.
- The gelcoats are NPG - ISO formulations backed with AME 5000S vinylester resin
- The hull is fully cored from the turn of the bilge to the cove stripe using ATC A500 - A550 Core Cell.
- In areas where hardware is installed, the core is eliminated for a solid laminate.
- All deck hardware is mounted with stainless steel backing plates and bedded in a moisture cure polyurethane caulking.
- Higher load areas are additionally reinforced with extra laminates for superior safety margins.
- All structural bulkheads are glassed to both the hull and deck.
- All interior bulkheads that can be exposed to exterior or to bilge areas are a cored glass construction, totally eliminating the possibility of rot.
- The hull deck joint is bedded in 3M 5200 polyurethane adhesive and bolted every 6" with 5-16" S-S bolts.
- This hull is finished with Awlgrip Paint protected by a clear coat
- The bottom is coated with Inter-Protect 2000 Barrier Coat to further increase osmosis protection.
- Exterior wood (laminated bulwark cap, coach house eyebrow, bowsprit platform, handrails, cockpit sole - trim) is crafted from Burma Teak.
- Teak companionway doors come w- storm drop panels slides and bug screens.
- Stanchions, pulpits, sternrail - dinghy davits, are hand polished 316 S-S.
- Double 27" high lifelines, with port - starboard gates mounted on bulwarks for improved rigidity and safety. Note Lifelines Replaced in 2014.
- 6 custom bronze chock - cleats are strategically located for easy mooring, keeping the deck walkway clear.
- 10 Rectangular Bronze Opening Ports
- Large bright butterfly hatch over salon
- 2 beautiful bronze dolphins enhance the hancings.
- A teak rubrail with stainless steel chafe cap protects hull topsides.
- Molded sand type non-skid is provided on all exterior walking areas.
- Stainless steel single anchor roller
- CQR Anchor with Chain & Line Rode
- Simpson Lowrance Manual Anchor Windlass
- Single foredeck hatch accesses self-draining rode lockers.
- Fold-down walk-thru transom with S-S swim ladder make emergency man-overboard, and dinghy access very easy.
- 2 cockpit hatches provide access for bulky storage items, with small item storage held under two lids for winch handles, flashlight, emergency tiller and bilge pump handle.
- Solar - 12 volt powered vent in head.
Engine & Steering:
- Westerbeke W35B 3 cylinder, naturally aspirated, marine diesel.with 2.47:1 JS transmission.
- New Engine Wiring in 2014
- New Starter Motor in 2014
- Fresh water hoses and thermostat replaced in 2017
- Engine sound dampening replaced in 2017
- Bullflex drive coupling reduces engine noise and vibration.
- Racor 200 water - fuel separator.
- Sherwood engine raw water strainer, comes w- winterizing and flushing port
- 316 S-S 1 1-4" drive shaft with PSS no-drip stuffing gland.
- 16" x 12" RH 3 blade bronze Dyna Jet propeller.
- 100 amp alternator w- standby voltage regulator.
- Engine instruments include tach - hour meter, water temp, oil pressure, voltmeter, fuel gauge.
- Kobelt single lever shifter
- Edson pull-pull steering with a 12" quadrant w- inline grease fittings.
- Binnacle center console with 28" traditional teak wheel and 4 1-2" Ritchie compass.
- Pedestal nicely improved with new teak woodwork in 2015
- Steering console converts into cockpit dining table.
Pluming & Tanks:
- Clean out ports on all fixed tanks
- All hoses, thru-hulls, and ball valves are marine quality, made from non-corrosive materials and are U.L. & C.G approved All hoses below waterline are double clamped.
- All pluming hoses for the Head, Sinks, Water Heater, Engine Sea Water Intake and Engine Exhaust replaced in 2014
- 6 gal. hot water heater uses 110 volt or engine heat exchanger.
- All water tanks have separate fills and draws run through a manifold system to select which source.
- Waste system includes a Raritan PH2 head, vented loop direct overboard discharge with Y-valve to holding tank. Deck pump out with 12 volt macerator discharge pump.
- All vents have shut-off valves.
- Gusher 10 manual bilge pump accessible from the helm.
- 200 amp 4D deep cycle "house" battery. New 2014
- 24 series 12Volt Starting Battery. New 2014
- Engine battery switch isolates starting battery from house use but allows emergency access of the house bank if needed.
- 50 foot 30 amp 110 volt shore cord aft (or fwd).
- Bass distribution panel with analog gauges for DC voltage (3 banks), DC amperage draw, AC voltage and AC amperage draw. o Magnetic breakers.
- 12 volt bilge pump with manual - auto by-pass.
- 12 volt automatic sump pump for the shower and ice box drains. o 12 volt refrigeration freezer with solar - 12 volt powered vent.
- Lightning protection has all shrouds, mast, compression post and pulpits (lifelines) grounded with tin copper braid to the keel and a Dynaplate.
- The vessel is fully bonded for electrolysis protection with a Vetus type 25 zinc anode located aft and a shaft zinc on the prop shaft.
- All wiring is tinned copper, labelled and coloured including primary battery runs.
Sails, Spar & Rigging:
- Isomat anodized spar with internal halyards.
- Single spreaders with aft and fwd lowers, intermediate back stays, uppers, staysail stay, forestay and twin back stays. All 316 stainless steel.
- Chainplates - weldments are polished 316 stainless, bolted externally through hull with stainless backing plates comes w- lightning ground attachment
- New Staysail furling - Harken Mark IV (2014) Including New Stay
- New Foresail furling - Harken ESP Furler (2015) Including New Forestay
- New Andersen Self Tailing Winches in 2014, 2 Andersen 4ST Sheet Winches, 3 Andersen 28ST Halyard, Sheet & Reefing Winches.
- All control lines lead aft to a pair of Andersen 28ST winches through spinlock rope clutches.
- Pre-stretched rope halyards and control lines are color coded for easy identification.
- Sheet bags for port and starboard controls and main sheet.
- Custom curved athwartships self tending staysail traveler.
- 2:1 purchase lead aft. Traveler control fine lead aft.
- 4:1 part purchase boom vang lead aft to sheet stopper and a Lewmar 30CST.
- Main sheet - 2:1, end of boom - Andersen 28ST winch on console.
- Standard interior wood is Honduras Mahogany satin varnished. Louvered locker doors provide excellent ventilation. The cabin sole is solid teak and basswood insert, (not a thin plywood veneer) The sole is finished with a high gloss urethane varnish.
- Hanging lockers are cedar lined. Storage lockers, bins and drawers are numerous throughout the vessel. FRP panels are installed on the underside of the coachhouse, with battens allowing for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Separate cover plates cover all deck mounted hardware, backing plates and bolts, for easy access in case of changes, additions or leaks in future years of ownership.
- The companionway is closed off with two teak doors, with screen built-in overhead and vertically.
- The standard interior is an open plan, with convertible main saloon forward - which functions as a dining area as well as a sleeping cabin - either with two wide single berths, or hinge together double bed. If privacy is required, there is a folding panel to starboard and a double hinged door to port - closing the forward cabin totally.
- The low coffee table in the forward cabin folds open to form the base for the cherry dining table. The table when not in use stores behind a settee backrest.
- The galley has a deep single sink
- Built-in 700 w microwave.
- Large Nova Cool Refrigerator
- The large navigation station to starboard has built-in storage for charts.
- The owners cabin is aft to starboard.
- Engine and equipment access is very quick with hinged companionway stairway easily removed and access panels under owner's berth.
- Vessel was last hauled out September 2017 for bottom paint & Zinc replacement.
Manufacturer Provided Description
There are many features on deck that make the Gozzard 31 a pleasure to sail. All lines are led aft to the cockpit so shortening sail with reef lines or Harken furling gear can be done with ease. The foredeck has a large stowage locker, a beautifully varnished skylight, and a self-tacking staysail. The decks on the 31 are flat so walking around them at anchor or while sailing on a nice day becomes fun, not a chore. In addition, the opening gates are in the middle of the boat - the closest part of the boat to the dock. This feature makes it easier to get on and off the boat.
Going below is easy and comfortable with a low sill and stair-like companionway steps and 6-foot 3-inch headroom. Louvered doors and screen doors hinge back against the recessed opening, and a sliding screen stows under the spray hood. To starboard there is an aft cabin that has a 6-foot 6-inch bunk with two opening ports, one of which is an extra large port that opens into the cockpit for more light and ventilation.
The navigation station is ahead of the aft cabin and contains shelves for radios and space for installing additional electronics. Aft on the port side is a large head. Amidships (where the boat motion is easier in a seaway) is the galley; here, thought has been given to small but important details, such as garbage bins, plate and cup racks, and vented locker doors.
The forward cabin is well lit and well ventilated, with opening ports, a large skylight/butterfly hatch, and ample lockers. The cabin can be made private by raising a folding bulkhead and closing a folding door. This space can be a stateroom by night and a main saloon by day. The unique design of the movable V-berths allows for maximum interior space flexibility - an owner can have two single berths or a double berth.
The cockpit is quite ample with a teak sole and a beautifully varnished mahogany table with two separate leaves that fold down while sailing. A mainsail traveler is not needed on a Gozzard 31. Boom height and leach tension are controlled by the boom vang. The Gozzard boom vang is set up so that it can be left attached to the base of the mast or part of it can be detached and then reattached to an eye near the toe rail as a preventer. Cockpit sheet bags, which match the boot stripe, are standard items on the Gozzard 31. A drop down transom is optional and makes it easy to go for a swim or get in and out of the dingy. Also, a shower can be attached inside the well for rinsing off after a swim.
Gozzard Yachts: All Gozzard yachts are designed with raised aft decks to improved helm visibility and drain deck water to midship. In addition, a fold-down, walk-thru transom illustrates part of our commitment to your boating safety and convenience. This transom design is a must for overboard emergency, dinghy access, snorkeling, or stern-to boarding.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Canadian vessels are for sale while located in Canada and are not for sale while located in the USA. Foreign registered vessels are not for sale while located in Canada.