· Hull Bottom Stripped, Epoxied and Painted.
· Cockpit Bright Work on Sides & Stern Stripped & Refinished.
· Swim Platform Stripped & Refinished.
· Engine Hour Meters (2) Replaced.
· New Swim Ladder.
· New F/B Helm Seat.
· New West Marine RIB-310 Double Floor Hypalon Dinghy with Ding-EZ Boarding Bar.
- New Dorade Ventilators with varnished new Teak Boxes.
- New Head Sink 120V lights.
- New 11 Gallon Isotemp Water Heater.
- New automatic bilge pump.
- Battery System Rewired & Cabin Remote Control Switches Added.
- Engine Starter Replaced & New Bilge Pump.
- Drivesaver & Cutless Bearing Hazel Replaced.
- 4 New DA GPL 8D AGM Batteries.
- Accutec-Reconditioned & Prop Scan Custom Matched Tuning of Propeller.
- Interior cushions and bunks were reupholstered.
- White Sunsure Textaline Windshield Cover.
- Polpropylene HoldingTank Installed.
- Removed and repacked Rudder Stuffing Box.
- Flybridge Cushions Reupholstered.
- Engine Head Refurbished with new water pump.
- Engine Raw Water Pump Serviced.
- Replaced Garmin Radar with GRM-GM R24HD4K High Definition unit.
- New Canvas:Sunbrella Biminis (one for cockpit, one for flybridge), Bridge Cover, Venturi Windshield, and Window Covers by Gemini Canvas, Rockland, ME.
- New Varnished Teak Grabrails Mounted House Beam Sides
HULL & DECK:
- Original white gelcoat topsides with light beige two-tone fiberglass side decks, Red boot top, blue bottom.
- Builder: Foley Boatbuilding, Kittery,Maine; Hull by Glenn Holland, Belfast, Maine; Designer: Holland Boat Shop, Belfast, Maine.
- Hand laid fiberglass hull using a Klegecell foam core.
- Interior construction includes four airex foam cored fiberglass longitudinal stringers for added stiffness.
- The vessel is bonded for lightning.
- Hull is built-down with full round bilges and deep box-type keel.
- The superstructure is designed with low profile trunk cabin using a considerable amount of sheer with teak bowsprit, raised bulwarks for safe transit of decks.
- Two S/S bow rollers on teak bow platform.
- Fiberglass spray rails on hull are mounted from bow to aft of amidships.
- All exterior teak trim is varnished, and includes bowsprit, toe rails, handrails, half round accent, coamings, doors, etc.
- The aft cockpit is spacious and comfortable for two to four people and includes a laid and caulked teak sole with two hatches to access excellent storage area under cockpit, teak capped cockpit coamings, a hinged transom door, a teak swim platform with S/S boarding ladder, 2 cockpit lockers to house two 10 lb propane bottles and one spare bottle, a fiberglass deck box for lines.
- The flybridge is accessed via a high-quality teak ladder with S/S rails.
- There is excellent seating on the flybridge with a new centerline Helmsman swivel seat, two port and starboard seats with cushions, and two port and starboard seats aft.
- Storage is excellent under all flybridge seats.
- The radar mast located at aft end of bridge houses the radar, GPS antenna, anchor light, and cockpit light.
- Set of Weaver Davits mounted on swim platform.
- Bronze 20" x 32" rudder, skeg hung, to protect prop.
Fuel: 200 gallons in two100 gallon aluminum tanks.
Water: 200 gallons in S/S tank.
Holding: 32 gallons in a poly tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 1990 Single Caterpillar 3208TA 375 hp diesel, V-8, FWC, with approximately 2244 hours..
- 2:1 Twin Disc reduction gear.
- Two Racor 900FH turbine filters.
- 2007 new injectors installed.
- Fiberglass exhaust with 2010 high temp silicone wrap installed.
- Reverso 12V oil changing pump.
- S/S Aquamet 2" shaft with a custom fiberglass shaft cover.
- 4 bladed Bronze 26 RH 24 propeller.
- The engine room is fully insulated on all hatches and bulkheads and there is ample working space to move completely around the engine.
- Fireboy FE-241 fixed fire extinguisher system in engine room.
- Dual helm steering by Wagner hydraulic system with Kobelt throttle and clutch controls; bronze spoked wheel.
- There are full engine gauges and tachometers at both helms.
- Espar diesel heat is provided throughout the vessel and is thermostatically-controlled.
- A Sleipner Bow thruster is controlled at both stations.
- Hot water is provided from a S/S hot water heater either via 110V AC system or engine driven.
- 11 gallon Isotemp hot water heater.
- Rope cutter-razor type.
- Cruising speed: 11-13 knots @ 2250-2500 RPM; Maximum speed: 15.5 knots @ 2800 RPM.
- 12V DC/110V AC systems.
- Four Lifeline 12V heavy duty, 8D AGM batteries.
- Three 8D batteries for house and one 8D for engine start.
- Xantrex MS2000 inverter-charger.
- Ample SAR V3 Regulator
- Ample power battery monitoring system.
- 50' & 25' 30-amp shore power cords with 30 & 50 amp adapters.
- For 4 in a bright and attractive Herreshoff-style interior.
- Starting forward, SEA LION, has a chain locker.
- Next aft is the owner's stateroom finished in varnished teak trim joiner work with varnished clear pine hull ceiling.
- There are cross-over under and over wide berths, with a large storage area with shelves under the higher starboard berth (this berthing arrangement is more practical than the often too tight queen berths).
- Ventilation is impressive via a large overhead hatch and 4 opening S/S Hood opening ports with screens.
- Each berth has a brass reading lamp.
- Next aft to port is a bureau of six drawers.
- Opposite is an enormous double-doored hanging locker with shelves which is lined in cedar.
- To port is a fully enclosed spacious head with Raritan electric toilet, Corian countertops, porcelain sink with hot and cold water, a S/S Hood opening port with screen, several lockers under the counter, and a lighted teak mirror.
- To starboard is a walk-in shower room with teak grate and teak seat, and a S/S Hood opening port with screen.
- One steps up three steps to a spacious, bright main salon with high quality satin varnished teak cabinetry with brass hardware.
- The lower helm is to starboard with a polished brass steering wheel, a sliding helmsman's door to the side deck, a helm console with instrumentation and electronics.
- The AC-DC Bass circuit breaker panel is below the console. (There is no helm seat).
- Behind the helmsman's station is a varnished surface where one could layout a chart or chart kit.
- There is ample storage and shelves under, also a liquor locker.
- To port is the side galley which is well-designed with a Tasco 3 burner propane stove and oven, large S/S sink with hot and cold water and 2008 Delta faucet, a bank of drawers, several dish lockers and a 2006 Norcold DE-40 12V refrigerator-freezer mounted under the counter.
- Further aft to port is a single settee with 2 storage drawers under and a large, teak bookcase over.
- To starboard is a comfortable convertible L-shaped dinette with three drawers under, another teak bookcase over, and a varnished teak hi-lo dining table.
- The berth cushions are 5" attractive green acrylic material.
- Ventilation in the main salon is via two large sliding portlights with screens on each side of trunk cabin, the forward windshield has two opening windows with wipers, and there are sliding opening windows on each side of the aft bulkhead.
- A centerline varnished raised paneled teak door opens onto the aft cockpit and a sliding screen door.
- All cabin soles are satin varnished teak and holly.
- The engine room access is superb via four hatches, designed for ease of handling.
- Lighting in the main salon includes numerous brass dome lights in the insulated overhead ceiling, as well as many halogen spotlights over the settees for reading.
· Garmin GPS-Radar Network.
· Garmin GPS-Map 3210.
· Autohelm Sea Talk 6000 Autopilot and Depth Finder.
· Ritchie 6" binnacle compass.
· ICOM HM162B Command Mic-VHF.
· Raymarine AP6001 Autopilot remote.
· Garmin GPS-Map 3210.
· Garmin GMS10 Network Port expander.
· Garmin Radar-GRM-GMR24 HD 4K HD unit.
· Garmin Bluechart G2 charts.
· ICOM M504 VHF with DSC.
· Ritchie 6" binnacle compass.
· Datamarine Dart 2490 depth finder.
· Uniden MHS 350 hand held VHF radio with 2 batteries
· Cable TV, telephone hookup.
· Sony CD-cassette player with 2 salon Maxima speakers.
- Flybridge and cockpit bimini tops with S/S framing.
- S/S flybridge railing.
- S/S bow rail.
- Double anchor rollers on teak bowsprit.
- 35 lb. Bruce anchor with 125´ 5/8" chain.
- 40 lb. Danforth anchor with 25´ 5/8" chain with 300´ 5/8" nylon rode.
- Fisherman's kedge mounted in aft cockpit.
- Lofrans electric windlass, dual action.
- St. Croix Little Crane with 3 mounts
- Emergency tiller.
- Shore power cords.
- 8 large fenders.
- Dock lines, 12 lifejackets, flares.
- Propane Magma BBQ propane grill.
- Two sets of amidships bronze cleats, port and starboard.
- 2 cockpit rod holders.
- Sliding screen door for aft companionway.
- Life Ring, Lifesling2, and 2 survival suits.
- Numerous engine spares.
- Swim ladder.
- Fire extinguishers.
- There are fresh and salt water wash-down systems in the cockpit with accumulator tanks in the engine room; anchor wash-down installed in foredeck.
- Three 12V Rule 3500 automatic bilge pumps-one wired to a high-water alarm.
- Shower sump pump.
- Equipment manuals.
- 2008 dual trumpet horn.
- Ensign and staff.
- 2007 Hunter-Douglas venetian blinds.
- Bilge Buster ozone.
- Golight Stryker 3067 searchlight with two control units.
- Radar reflector.
- LPG detector-alarm.
- Carbon monoxide detector.
- Two 12V fans.
- Two aluminum LPG tanks.
- Weems & Plath barometer and clock.
COMMENTS: SEA LION is a custom Downeast style 38´ Holland finished to the highest standards by Foley Boatbuilding in Kittery, Maine. She was designed for two people to cruise comfortably or liveaboard, particularly staying on an anchor for extended periods of time. She is equipped with a single 375 hp Cat, and has a bow thruster, Espar diesel heat, propane stove, Isotherm refrigerator/freezer, Xantrex MS2000 inverter-charger, large battery capacity, and excellent electronics. She is also well-known to handle the roughest water with ease. These vessels are particularly handsome cruisers and Foley Boatbuilding is well-known for high quality joiner work and attention to details in the mechanical and engine room layout.
Please read the owner's comments: SEA LION represents almost everything we were seeking in a cruising boat. She is designed to carry two people very comfortably and for extended periods of time. Her forward cabin features over/under berths, large chest of drawers and cedar closet, and separate head and shower. She handles coastal seas extremely well and has sufficient speed to easily cover 60nm in a day while only burning 6-8 GPH. Anchoring and docking are facilitated by the lower helm station with its sliding side door. Finally, her striking lines and bright work make her a joy to own. Our use of SEA LION is varied from day outings or short overnights to 2-3 week cruises. We basically focus on the coastal area and rivers from Cape Elizabeth to the St. John River."
Please come and inspect this rare and well-executed offering. SEA LION is a simple but elegant flybridge cruiser, which has had the finest care by her present owner.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.