The Defever 53 Performance Offshore Cruiser offers a flybridge with an upper helm station, three stateroom design each with ensuite heads with showers. The lower helm stations, large galley and main salon on the main deck.
Step aboard to the luxury of the teak-panelled salon, full galley, and full-width pilot house filled with full electronics and excellent view. Staterooms are accessed by spiral staircases, it has a spacious engine room with full headroom and twin Caterpillar 3208 TA engines.
Friday Night has been professionally maintained, equipped with four stabilizers and very comfortable long range cruising yacht looking for new owners.
Call us today!
The Defever 53 POC was designed by Arthur DeFever and built by Sen Koh Shipbuilding and have proven to be very popular offshore trawlers. The design is a flush deck, pilothouse forward, flybridge overhead design with radar arch, twin helms, spade rudders with a centreline skeg.The Defever 53 also has 4 Gyro Quadra hydraulic stabilizers and hydraulic steering.
The main salon has an L shaped settee with an offset dining table and chairs to port, straight settee to starboard and as you move forward you have a full L shaped galley equipped with Princess 3 burner electric stove with oven, Sharpe microwave, full-size fridge with separate freezer, dishwasher, double stainless sink with pressurized hot water heated both of shore power or the generator and cold water, ample storage and spiral staircase to lead to the aft Master stateroom.
The master stateroom is huge with a centre line double berth (6'6") with an ensuite head that is equipped shower. Heads are able to overboard discharge or in a holding tank with macerator. Outboard there is lots of storage with hanging lockers. The forward berth has a vee double berth with chart table and stool, storage and full head with shower. The second stateroom has lots of storage and ensuite head with shower.
Forward of the galley and the main salon is the pilothouse with doors on either side to the side deck, straight bench on the aft wall of pilothouse with the table. The pilothouse also houses the lower helm station that is equipped with hydraulic steering and all the nav equipment.
This Defever is equipped with a Marine Air system and hot water furnace to help cool and heat the whole boat.
• Flybridge with radar arch
• Dinghy Crane davit system on flybridge
• Bow and stern pulpits with side railings and gates
• Maxwell electrical windlass with 50 lbs Stainless Steel CQR and 1/2" galvanized chain on anchor roller
• Swim platform
• 2 x Fresh water cooled Caterpillar 3208 TA 375 HP diesel engines
• 2 x Twin Disc MG 507 transmission with 2.54:1 ratio
• 2" shaft diameter on double struts for both shafts
• 2 x 4 blade propellers
• Cutlass bearing replaced 2012
• STB engine 4283 hours, Port engine 4206 hours
• Kohler 13.5 kW diesel generator with 1962 hours
• 50 amp shore power with cord
• 4 x 8D batteries
• Silicon MOD 1240 40 amp battery charger
• Heart Interface EMS 2800-12 70 amp inverter
• 2 x Alternators
• Lowrance GM 700 plotter with charts for East coast of Canada at lower helm
• Furuno NavNet radar at lower helm
• Furuno RDP 149 radar on radar arch
• Acer Desktop with LCD monitor loaded with Nobletec software and charts at lower helm
• Data Marine speed and depth at both stations
• Icom ICM 604 VHF
• Comnav 1001 autopilot at both stations
• Ritchie binnacle compass at both stations
• Vetus bow thruster with controls at both stations (2011)
• Stephens Sea 222 SSB Radio
• Schatz clock/barometer
• Integrated airphone
• JVC 12 disc changer stereo with Pioneer cockpit speakers
• 10 person Zodiac hard pack liferaft
• GME EPRIB
• Carbon Monoxide detector
• 5 Fire extinguishers
• Life jackets
• Canadian Coast Guard Flares
• 2 x Ring Buoy
• 5 electric bilge pumps 2 forward, 2 engine room and 1 aft
• Zodiac 10' RIB (2012) with Mercury 6 HP outboard (2012)
• 4 x fender holders
• 10 fenders, 10 dock lines
• Flybridge cockpit cover and Bimini
Ocean Yacht Sales Limited
2655 Joseph Howe Drive
Halifax, NS B3L 4G5