1966 Seadog 30
Barcaldine, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Se alla specifikationer
Triple keel ketch cruiser
- Enkel / diesel
- Belägen i:
- Barcaldine, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Nuvarande pris:
- £ 9.950 (SEK 112.601)
Designed in the 1960's by the very successful Reg Freeman the Seadog 30 was billed as a new take on the traditional motorsailer concept. The design with a variety of keel configurations offered well mannered performance undersail as well as comfortable progress when under engine while looking very much like a traditional yacht when on the water.
The original 1966 Earls Court Boatshow boat GLASS LADY is a triple keeled example of the class, capable of taking the ground in comfort when required and ideally suited to life in a drying harbour. Offering accommodation for 4 with a well protected centre cockpit she has proven to be a comfortable cruising boat. Currently lying ashore in North Argyll viewing is by appointment.
Please contact Mark Cameron at 01852 500247
Ytterligare specifikationer, utrustning och information:
Tillverkare: Reg Freeman Yachts
Designer: Reg Freeman
Köl: twin köl
LÖA Längd över allt: 10.06 m
Bredd: 2.74 m
LWL: 7.31 m
Max. djupgång: 1.06 m
Deplacement: 5840 kg
Ballast: 1780 kg
Total effekt: 45 HP
Motormärke: Ford (Lansing Marine)
Motortyp: FSD2.5ltr (Ex Ford Transit)
Motor typ: Inombord
Propeller: 3-bladig propeller
Motorstyrka: 45 HP
Färskvattentankar: 2 (225 Liter)
Bränsletankar: 2 (190 Liter)
Ström: 12 V
'The Seadog 30 may be an unusual design from the 1960's but with plenty of examples still on the water and an active owners's association, this is a comfortable cruiser that is still going strong.......
First marketed in 1966 as "a completely new conception of the motorsailer type". Designer Reg Freeman claimed that she was capable of extended cruising under sail alone, but also had the performance of a good displacement motorboat under power......
Freeman who went on to design early Hallberg-Rassys, was an innovative thinker and the Seadog 30 includes many neat touches. the watertanks are housed within the aerofoil bilge keels to keep the weight as low as possible........
On top of clever design comes quality construction. These were solidly built boats that were approved for Lloyds A1 Classification.'
Sailing Today - Seadog 30 review. (www.sailingtoday.co.uk)
A full copy of the above review is available upon request.
- Heavy weight traditionally hand laminated hull and deck mouldings.
- Underwater hull professionally epoxy treated for osmosis during winter 1987/88, works overseen by Stanton-Bevan.
- Triple keel configuration with encapsulated ballast in all 3 keels.
- Skeg hung rudder.
- Stainless steel tubular bowsprit with teak grating fitted and twin bow rollers. (1989)
- White painted topsides.
- Hardwood rubbing strake.
- White painted deck moulding.
- Decks finished in grey non-slip deck paint.
- Hardwood capping rail.
Spars and Rigging
- Masthead ketch rig with slab reefing main and mizzen.
- Spars by Sparlight, of gold anodised alloy.
- Deck stepped masts secured in tabernacle fittings, can be lowered without use of crane if required.
- Standing rigging of 1x19 stainless steel wire construction. Main mast standing rigging replaced 2017.
- Colnebrook roller reefing system on forestay for genoa.
- Spinnaker pole with mast mounted adjustable track.
- Spreader mounted deck flood lights
Sails and Canvas Work
- Mainsail - Goacher Sails. White dacron, slab reefing. Re-furbished 2014
- Genoa - Goacher Sails. White dacron with blue UV stripe, roller reefing. Re-furbished 2014
- Mizzen - Goacher Sails. White dacron, slab reefing
- Spinnaker - 2 off, not used by current owner.
- Storm Jib
- Mainsail Cover - Stackpack type, blue canvass with mast boot.
- Mizzen Cover - Stackpack type, blue canvass with mast boot.
- Sprayhood - Canvas extension to lower fixed screen. Window panels forward. Re-furbished 2016
- Cockpit Tent - Full tent, secures to sprayhood forward. Window panels in sides and aft. Roll up panels, both sides and aft.
- Spray Dodgers - Blue canvas with name on. Not used by current owner.
Ground and Mooring Tackle
- Main anchor - Kobra 14kg plough type anchor on 35m chain rode.
- Kedge Anchor - with warp rode.
- Windlass - Smallwood electric windlass. Re-wired 2016
- Mooring warps - selection
- Fenders - selection
- Centre cockpit deck layout with companionway to access below decks accommodation spaces at forward and aft end.
- Windlass mounted on foredeck centrally with central samson post and cleat for securing lines.
- Side decks running full length of boat with raised coachroof moulding inboard.
- Short section of aft deck, aft of coachroof.
- Cockpit deep and well protected by tall moulded coaming. Helm offset to port forward with instruments mounted in pod forward of this. Wooden topped bench type seating aft of helm, lockers under seats.
- Depth Sounder - NASA Target
- Log - NASA Target
- Wind - NASA Clipper (Not currently functioning)
- Plotter - Lowrance Global Map 5150C (2008)
- GPS - Garmin GPS128 at chart table.
- GPS Repeater - Silva Star display. Linked to Garmin GPS128
- Radar - Raytheon R20 with mizzen mast mounted 2kW scanner (1989)
- VHF - Standard Horizon (2008)
- Autopilot - Navico WP4000 Wheel pilot
- Cooker - Plastimo 2 buner, grill and oven.
- Freshwater system - Twin water tanks within bilge keels, total capacity 225ltr. Manually pumped system with foot pump in galley and hand operated pump faucet in heads.
- Fridge - Super Cool AB unit, thermo electric system. (Not currently used)
- Heating - Bengo charcol heater. Mounted on main bulkhead. (2009)
- Heads - Jabsco manual toilet, compact type.
Living space is split into two defined areas below decks, forward and aft of cockpit, both accessed via dedicated companionways.
- Forepeak - fitted out as heads compartment. Manual Jabsco head forward to port with moulded sink and vanity unit to port. Stowage hanging lockers outboard of heads port and starboard. Bin type compartments forward provide easily accessible storage for bulky items.
- Saloon - Laid out with bench style settees port and starboard. Folding saloon table offset to port. Storage provided under bunks and outboard with open cave type locker forward to port. Heater mounted on main bulkhead and well protected. Saloon settees serves as single bunks.
- Galley - Aft of saloon to port. Plastimo gas cooker outboard with stainless steel sink running athwart ships aft. storage provided outboard of cooker and below work surfaces.
- Nav Station - Opposite galley to starboard of companionway, currently converted to maximise storage
- Aft Cabin - Accessed via companionway at aft end of cockpit. Twin single bunks in V-berth style with infill panel to create large double. Storage provided under bunks, outboard in over bunk shelves and in two open fronted cave type lockers aft.
- Wind Generator - Aerogen 4
- Manual Bilge Pump - Henderson manual pump, operated from cockpit locker.
- Electric Bilge Pump - Rule pump with manual switching
- Tender - Bombard
- Outboard - Mariner 2hp, two stroke.
- Life Jackets
- Radar Reflector - folding type to be hoisted on halyard.
- Horseshoe Lifebuoy
- Coastal Flare Pack - Expires 2019
- Ford FSD2.5, 45hp, ex Ford Transit van engine, marinised with Lancing Marine parts kit and fitted in boat 2006.
- Engine located in dedicated engine space beneath cockpit sole.
- Hydraulic gearbox.
- Shaft type sterngear.
- Bronze 3 blade fixed propeller.
- Twin diesel tanks, 95ltrs each, total capacity 190ltrs. Tanks replaced in 2004.
- Engine Battery - 1 off 12v lead acid type
- Domestic Battery - 2 off 12v lead acid type
Ships batteries are charged via the engine driven alternator with the wind generator also charging all batteries.
In this case we are acting as brokers only. The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.